• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Filson New Short Cruiser Jacket - Fit Pic

rebonix

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first time posting on Styleforum. I live in the Seattle area and made a trip down to the Filson flagship store downtown yesterday. I've attached a fit pic of the new Short Cruiser Jacket, in the new "Seattle Fit", which is slimmer than the traditional "Alaska Fit". The Short Cruiser is rumored to be the replacement for the Filson/Levi's Trucker Jacket. It's $260 and only comes in tan.

What do you think of the jacket and fit? Solid investment? I'm be wearing it with Unbranded 101's and Iron Rangers (not pictured).

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You wear a knit cap when it's 85? That like a billion degrees in Seattle temps.

Jacket looks good though.

pasteurisation

Reaction score
You should get it. It looks really good on you & your outfit. Fit is perfect too.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post in WAYT discussion for more replies...

dirtydanguus

Reaction score
That is a good fit! I'm looking to buy one as well. What size is that, a small or a medium?

rebonix

Reaction score
It's a large. I'm. 6'2" and 200 pounds. It literally fit perfect.

smarley

Reaction score
Just make sure that you don't get it wet as it will shrink significantly. In my experience, Filson cotton is extremely durable but has not seen any moisture during its manufacture. The first time that you get caught in the rain, the weave will tighten considerably, even if you let it dry in a cool location. The key consideration would be the sleeve length.

Kwaker

Reaction score
The tin cloth version of the short cruiser says machine washable.
The black version of the short cruiser says brush/wipe clean only ... so that version will certainly shrink upon exposure to water.

smarley

Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks for that clarification, Kwaker.
My experience has been with the "brush/wipe clean" materials.

Marley

bigchelis

Reaction score
Hi OP.....

I saw how good the jacket looked with jeans and decided to pull the trigger myself.

I am 5'8 and weight 200lbs and ordered the Large as well. I typically wear a Large in all my shirs and jackets so, hopefully this Filson Short Cruiser is not too small and true to size.

I got mine at Backcountry.com for $188 delivered. They have 20% off and I had $20 credit for being a long time member.

Thank you and best,
bigC

bhepp

Reaction score
BigC,
How did your jacket fit? Has it broken in at all

bigchelis

Reaction score
BigC,
How did your jacket fit? Has it broken in at all

The jacket is like new still. I don't wear it at the farm as I want to keep the look sharp. Since I only wear it in the office it fits and looks great.

One thing to note is its hard to layer since it is fitted. I have gained my winter weight up to 215lbs from 185~190 summer weight and it still fits good just the already difficult layering is more apparent now.

bigC

Gresh

Reaction score
My experience is ALWAYS to purchase the next size up with the Tin material, especially if you expose the jackets to "weather". Also, the sleeves tend to shrink significantly, which has worked well for me, but perhaps not for others.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads