1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Filson bags - NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lefty, Feb 23, 2008.

1. lefty

lefty Senior member

Anyone know who carries Filson bags in NY?

Trying to decide between the 257 and the 258.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,

lefty

2. akaidiot

akaidiot Senior member

Steven Alan has some of them, but the ones you're looking at don't turn up on their webpage, I don't think. May be worth stopping by, though - they don't always have everything on the website.

3. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

Not that you were looking for an opinion, but the lower bag looks like a dog-carrier.

4. blank

blank Senior member

I just bought my Filson briefcase from Paragon Sports in Union Square. I don't know which bags your numbers correspond to, but they had the largest selection I'd seen (briefcase, laptop bag, large briefcase, field bags, etc.) and the salesman was an amicable middle-aged man who brought me a ton of books and let me fill the bag with them, sling the bag around, etc. Recommended.

5. lefty

lefty Senior member

Steven Alan has some of them, but the ones you're looking at don't turn up on their webpage, I don't think. May be worth stopping by, though - they don't always have everything on the website.

They only carry the smallest of the bags, the 256.

Not that you were looking for an opinion, but the lower bag looks like a dog-carrier.

You're right, it may be a little large. It's the padded computer bag, but the regular bags are so tough that I can't imagine the padding provides much more protection. Probably heavy as hell too.

I just bought my Filson briefcase from Paragon Sports in Union Square. I don't know which bags your numbers correspond to, but they had the largest selection I'd seen (briefcase, laptop bag, large briefcase, field bags, etc.) and the salesman was an amicable middle-aged man who brought me a ton of books and let me fill the bag with them, sling the bag around, etc. Recommended.

I check them out.

Cheers.

lefty

6. tonup277

tonup277 Senior member

Filson bags have already gone trendy in nyc for some time now - you can also find them at the soho bloomy's.

I'm always on the ebay lookout for a filson mackinaw! Doubt bloomy's will ever carry those [​IMG]

7. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Senior member

They only carry the smallest of the bags, the 256.

You're right, it may be a little large. It's the padded computer bag, but the regular bags are so tough that I can't imagine the padding provides much more protection. Probably heavy as hell too.

I check them out.

Cheers.

lefty

The padded laptop is heavy, but hell, you're a burly ol' lumberjack anyway, plus you will need room for your chainsaw.

8. lefty

lefty Senior member

The padded laptop is heavy, but hell, you're a burly ol' lumberjack anyway, plus you will need room for your chainsaw.

Excellent point.

After all,

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay,

I sleep all night and I work all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8...eature=related

lefty

9. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

+1 for Paragon. Bought my medium duffle there.. Big selection

10. stant62

stant62 Senior member

Does Orvis carry them?