• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bags I took on a two week holiday, couple nights at The Inn at Kenmore Hall
View attachment 1295496
Is that the small rolling duffle on the table? The 261 is a great sidekick to any carryon I almost always travel with the 261 because the zipper gives added security and it can stuff almost as much as a small duffle if necessary. Very nice pair!

The Iron Rangers obviously get an honorable mention here ;).

jeradjames

Reaction score
Is that the small rolling duffle on the table? The 261 is a great sidekick to any carryon I almost always travel with the 261 because the zipper gives added security and it can stuff almost as much as a small duffle if necessary. Very nice pair!

The Iron Rangers obviously get an honorable mention here ;).

Thank you! Yep it's the small roller!

Youngj

Reaction score
When I purchased my Mile Marker jacket back in 2014, they had just introduced the Seattle slim fit jackets. The jacket is now too small for me and I'm looking to purchase one size up online. Have they changed the sizing at all?

The jacket looks like it fits me well, but it's so slim across the back and shoulders.
When I raise my arms, the (slim) sleeves pull my shirts sleeves up and the tight inner cuffs get bunched up.
Even putting my hands in the pockets pulls the jacket tight.
I'm certainly not a muscled guy and I'm concerned that the next size will be too big. Any thoughts? I can post some photos tomorrow.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My new to me, 24 hr bag, this is going to replace a 257 as daily carry bag, ignore the boots (unless your are also into boots)
IMG_0097 2.jpeg

mohamed alfaris

Reaction score
Hi guys
Just received my 256 glad didn’t get the 257 . Wasn’t impressed with the handles plan to use it for work without strap, they are sharp and not comfortable, I know they will loosen but still handgrip would have been nice. I asked Filson and they said they don’t do it now.

Attachments

• F8CA9666-FDBB-4DB9-ADC6-05F43790CAF5.jpeg
    F8CA9666-FDBB-4DB9-ADC6-05F43790CAF5.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 99

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Grant Stone?
Yes, Grant Stone British Tan Calf cap toe boots

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, Grant Stone British Tan Calf cap toe boots
Yeah, the shape of these are so awkward, they stand out. Surprised to see the inside shaft bulging and folding so much.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, the shape of these are so awkward, they stand out. Surprised to see the inside shaft bulging and folding so much.
My feet, what can I say. All of my boots (Alden, GS, AE, Wolverine) do this and always have. Size is correct so that's not an issue. I don't think they are awkward, although not sleek like some boots, the last is quite good for my feet. Certainly not the most awkward boots I've ever seen.

Cbfox

Reaction score
Is that Cub restored? I'm guessing it is, beautiful tractor.
Yes, by my dad about 10 years ago before it was passed on to me, but it was in great shape before restoration other than the paint being tired. It is an odd sight to behold in my neighborhood and it has come close to causing an accident or two with rubberneckers whilst I’m out plowing the driveway (it is suburbia, not far north of NYC).

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awkward? Bulging? Not at all. They look excellent. Someone needs to get educated on a pair of Alden's. LOL
Oh I do? Never said Alden didn't look awkward in their own right. The shoes posted were Grant stone, not Alden. The Barrie, Grant and Plaza lasts on Alden boots all look 10x better. Thanks for stopping by.

Edit: I see you came in following @audog's complaint in the GS thread. Wow. Sorry you were both offended.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads