• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cbfox

Reaction score
I know if at least 5 folks that bought a briefcase or tote bag as a result of seeing mine. Other have asked what it is, but I’m not sure of where it went from there.

Part of the reason I posted this is so that folks have a realistic expectation regarding their guarantee. I’ll take some better pics of the interior and will post this eve so you can see that it still has integrity.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't ride bikes, have a GTI and not much sun fading going on there :)

What year is your GTI? Was considering picking a Rabbit up next year but not after the stalling issues they've been having, which is scaring me away from the brand. I'm now considering this new-dinosaur. The last of the EJ-20. Just have to decide what color I want and save up for the embarrassing mpg's (22 highway / 17 city)
subbie 1.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What year is your GTI? Was considering picking a Rabbit up next year but not after the stalling issues they've been having, which is scaring me away from the brand. I'm now considering this new-dinosaur. The last of the EJ-20. Just have to decide what color I want and save up for the embarrassing mpg's (22 highway / 17 city) View attachment 1290952
mine is a 2017 GTI Autobahn version, I have 25K miles with ZERO ISSUES, I have had a variety of different cars in my life and this one, so far, has been the least troublesome, most fun to drive, of any of them (and that list includes BMW, Jeep, Chevy, Cadillac, limited production Carrol Shelby stuff) I would buy another GTI in a heartbeat if I needed to.

Cbfox

Reaction score
Here are some additional photos showing the briefcase. I had called them after signed of fraying showed years ago, and they said that is to be expected and suggested I wait to send it in. The bulk of the damage is where the bag comes into contact with my right leg.

Attachments

• CC5CB800-4ED9-4140-A2E9-45647CFBBC78.jpeg
    CC5CB800-4ED9-4140-A2E9-45647CFBBC78.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 85
  • D14976D9-1C59-4074-8358-78D103B14129.jpeg
    D14976D9-1C59-4074-8358-78D103B14129.jpeg
    429.5 KB · Views: 90
  • DA5B81EB-46F4-46A9-995C-0FF0785E16A8.jpeg
    DA5B81EB-46F4-46A9-995C-0FF0785E16A8.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 7D6D8043-73BF-4B69-96C9-38035D11BE13.jpeg
    7D6D8043-73BF-4B69-96C9-38035D11BE13.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 92

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here are some additional photos showing the briefcase. I had called them after signed of fraying showed years ago, and they said that is to be expected and suggested I wait to send it in. The bulk of the damage is where the bag comes into contact with my right leg.
Great photos, but of more importance, what is the Bass guitar in the photos ?

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mine is a 2017 GTI Autobahn version, I have 25K miles with ZERO ISSUES, I have had a variety of different cars in my life and this one, so far, has been the least troublesome, most fun to drive, of any of them (and that list includes BMW, Jeep, Chevy, Cadillac, limited production Carrol Shelby stuff) I would buy another GTI in a heartbeat if I needed to.

To be fair it's actually the 2019's that are the culprit so much that there's a 100+ page thread with tons of owners complaining about the same issue without a fix or patch in sight. There's a list of owners that filed complaints with VGOA and have even had dealer buy-backs. Glad you're not having any of the issues with yours. I'm very much looking forward to owning one of the last hydraulic steering, fuel injected, 6 speed manuals on the market with the push for direct injection and smaller turbos.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, the bass guitar is my 10 year old’s. It is a vintera mustang bass (short scale). My kids mess around in a band, mostly to raise money for dog rescue groups.
That's pretty awesome. If they like the idea of mixing things up a bit, this is a good take on that (strange as it looks, but the guy is really talented - can't recall where I found him):

Cbfox

Reaction score
That's pretty awesome. If they like the idea of mixing things up a bit, this is a good take on that (strange as it looks, but the guy is really talented - can't recall where I found him):

Ha - that’s an interesting one. I’ll pass it along to them. Thus far they mostly stick to the radio versions as they sometimes play with other kids and it makes life easy if they all know one version.

pnwprice

Reaction score

That’s...frustrating. This would absolutely get restored in Seattle and sold as an FRD bag for double the cost of a new bag. Replacing it seems like a no-brainer IMO.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s...frustrating. This would absolutely get restored in Seattle and sold as an FRD bag for double the cost of a new bag. Replacing it seems like a no-brainer IMO.
**** - if he decides to replace it and isn't sure about a DIY repair, I'd love to take a swing at it.

I had some old cargo shorts that had gotten pretty frayed and I didn't want to give them up. I grabbed some of my wife's sewing stuff, trimmed the frayed parts and just went with the flow on the rest. I still wear 'em (they're away for the season now). I'd consider putting a strip of leather (or patch) at the bottom where it's worn open, but there's no reason that bag can't live a lot longer. My $0.02

Cbfox

Reaction score
**** - if he decides to replace it and isn't sure about a DIY repair, I'd love to take a swing at it.

I had some old cargo shorts that had gotten pretty frayed and I didn't want to give them up. I grabbed some of my wife's sewing stuff, trimmed the frayed parts and just went with the flow on the rest. I still wear 'em (they're away for the season now). I'd consider putting a strip of leather (or patch) at the bottom where it's worn open, but there's no reason that bag can't live a lot longer. My $0.02

I’m going to give it a shot. I’ll have to dig up my awl and hunt around for some canvas. Pretty sure I have some remnants of a canvas painters tarp around. When I’m done I’ll be sure to share it.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is as nice as the Filson x Levi's Trucker that @TinMan3 picked up but I can say as a matter of fact that its price is excessively higher. Like seriously, with that asking price, you would think free shipping would be in order.

pricey.png

GzStudio

Reaction score
What year is your GTI? Was considering picking a Rabbit up next year but not after the stalling issues they've been having, which is scaring me away from the brand. I'm now considering this new-dinosaur. The last of the EJ-20. Just have to decide what color I want and save up for the embarrassing mpg's (22 highway / 17 city) View attachment 1290952

my current ride....

Attachments

• 62D3DC6A-F8A2-4567-B2E4-F652A8074E14.jpeg
    62D3DC6A-F8A2-4567-B2E4-F652A8074E14.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 69

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads