• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Wandering

Reaction score
I really like that modified tablet briefcase (the harness leater instead of bridle, + leather strap instead of nylon). If they'd made one in otter green or navy I even would have imported it to Belgium, risking steep customs and duties.

Wandering

Reaction score
That Modified Tablet Briefcase even, is much more refined than that new Dawson.

Come to think of it, a Tablet Briefcase completely made in leather would be a thing of beauty.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang, how did I miss this? Lol. I probably wouldn’t have bought anything, but damn that Heavy canvas 256 with the harness leather is gorgeous. A lot of awesome options there.
Wow. And as far as the website goes, everything now seems sold out. I guess this is either serious enthusiasts or people looking to resell? Good news for Filson that there is this much demand I guess. I wonder if it was one item per model shown?

FilsonDude

Reaction score
Wow. And as far as the website goes, everything now seems sold out. I guess this is either serious enthusiasts or people looking to resell? Good news for Filson that there is this much demand I guess. I wonder if it was one item per model shown?
24 unique pieces

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow - that went quickly! But I guess 24 rare pieces advertised to over thousands of possible enthusiast customers will go fast. Really enjoyed looking at the FRD stuff while it lasted.

Yet, a small voice in my head asks though 'why can't their stock luggage be supplied standard with the 'upgraded' harness leather given their (high) MSRPs?'. I mean even a stock 256 is $325 MSRP after all.

mohamed alfaris

Reaction score
I would have gotten the medium duffle love the orange / redish leather, why they don't have it as option like some brands

GzStudio

Reaction score
I would have gotten the medium duffle love the orange / redish leather, why they don't have it as option like some brands

The entry price was a little steep for me on the duffle, but I believe I have at least one or 2 medium duffles with similar leather. The FRD pieces didn’t speak to me as others have previously. I’m a sucker for heavy tin anything and quickly grabbed the tan with harness leather. I plan to use this bag in conjunction with my daily FRD 256 that I’ve come to really love.

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The entry price was a little steep for me on the duffle, but I believe I have at least one or 2 medium duffles with similar leather. The FRD pieces didn’t speak to me as others have previously. I’m a sucker for heavy tin anything and quickly grabbed the tan with harness leather. I plan to use this bag in conjunction with my daily FRD 256 that I’ve come to really love.
Funny it seems we have similar taste. That was the one that stood out to me as well. This goes without saying I think but please post some pics of it when it comes in. Would love to see it.

I totally agree with @Soletrane that all Filson bags at current msrp should come with top grade leather, but I’m thankful that these workshop bags are available at all. The leather on my workshop 256 is incredible and aging very well.
D45B502B-7330-465E-8790-1987DA075E22.jpeg

GzStudio

Reaction score
The small FRD duffle that I bought in Vancouver last year was steep for what it was, but bought it for the memory of a good trip with my family and the leather used on it was/is outstanding. Nothing near the cardboard they use now. I find myself using the small FRD for weekend trips as the medium weatherproof i have is overkill on size. I assume that they leather they used on the piece I purchased will be top notch like my small duffle.

I thought I would use the original flapless small duffle I had instead of the FRD, but that has not been the case. I have 3 of the original flapless small duffles, I suppose I should stop hoarding.

mohamed alfaris

Reaction score
I am in the market for a briefcase how often FRD event happen. Good catch on the 256 it’s the nicest , I would have taken it too . I don’t like the dirty look on the others

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads