• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CCF1897

Reaction score
I will say that my brother and his wife lived somewhat like this for many years in Alaska, including with children albeit a little closer to civilization, but had no running water, no bathroom, and no electricity. I helped build their small house. Before they built their cabin, they lived in a wall tent.
That is really awesome. My dream really, but not sure my wife and kids would come along for that adventure...but i'll keep working on them! Small steps, trying to change the beach vacations to the mountians as a start.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This got posted on one of the Filson FB groups and I thought was rather cool. It’s a very early (1910-20) cruiser. You can certainly see the similarities with today’s cruisers! It’d be amazing if Filson did a rerun of some of these really old styles.

8A890C6C-38DA-44D8-8461-8BA6E4BA65A1.jpeg
466D0376-1ED3-4C88-A372-1EA0E502F767.jpeg

Canuckle

Reaction score
You folks may enjoy this channel on youtube:

If you liked the Alone in the wilderness you will like this. He doesn't talk much and just lets the sounds and sights of nature shine through. Very relaxing to watch.

CaryGooper

Reaction score

wish Fenimore Twills were still around. Thankfully the little woman is great at repairs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads