• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also rotate unlisted stock as that is one of the main points I do what I do.....it'll be hard. I change bags at least 2 times at week on average.
Maybe you can just add your 'go-to' or proffered bags/color. We can add an * to you ;)

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the subject of visibility of the list it appears that the forum software supports html signatures so a link could be added to @TinMan3 signature.

Another thought is it might be worth adding a column to the list as a “for sale” so members looking to swap/change/ etc. could get first dibs. That would probably have to exclude general stock from “power sellers” like GZ and TinMan.

Last edited:

ClaytonWesley

Reaction score
Received my fourth Filson in a month today. Ordered a new to me 257 from GzStudio. Pre-bedrock tan. To the touch, it does feel more substantial and thicker than my brand new navy one. The inside pieces are definitely lighter weight on the navy. No question there. I think I’m going to like tan much better. Pics to follow.

If anyone is looking for a one month used navy 70257 at a nice discount please let me know.

Last edited:

Chupacabra

Reaction score
I was thinking a monthly update with screenshots of the current charts/metrics. I could also include a link to the listing each time. Would anyone be opposed to that? We’re still waiting to have a few of our regulars add their bags. Not point fingers but...

@Chupacabra

Here is the link so there are no excuses ?

Busted. Updated.

ClaytonWesley

Reaction score
Here’s the pics of my latest bag.
06E3D904-42D8-4FCA-9B0C-D7DED9E78572.jpeg
2EFA8E11-1DB7-49A9-BBAA-45888F33DBDA.jpeg
AA8B2659-209D-4562-84A3-DAECCA988040.jpeg
ED1EAFCF-64A7-4C9A-8878-6786BE5EE8C6.jpeg
EF189E66-2E4D-4704-9096-962BDF96A5D4.jpeg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking a monthly update with screenshots of the current charts/metrics. I could also include a link to the listing each time. Would anyone be opposed to that? We’re still waiting to have a few of our regulars add their bags. Not point fingers but...

@GzStudio
@Soletrane
@woodsjw
@Stratkat
@nevadabob
@CCF1897
@M635Guy
@Kwaker
@Chupacabra
@bucky0486

Here is the link so there are no excuses ?
Unfortunately I'm only a member of the club in spirit. (I've been super-happy with the VP bag - it's been all over the place with me and I've got zero complaints)

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm only a member of the club in spirit. (I've been super-happy with the VP bag - it's been all over the place with me and I've got zero complaints)
I knew you had moved on from your Talon 257, but I didn’t know that was your only
Filson bag. Looks like we’ve got some work to do to get you a travel bag or something ;)

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I knew you had moved on from your Talon 257, but I didn’t know that was your only
Filson bag. Looks like we’ve got some work to do to get you a travel bag or something ;)
Oh I've seen a few listings posted here that have made me twitch, but I haven't been very responsible the last couple years and it's time to fix that. Austerity and enjoy-what-I've-got mode... ;)

And when I travel (which is a lot, often internationally), I'm a weird combination of Be-Prepared-Boy-Scout and stripped down. The VP bag is much like the 257 - absorbs a good deal of volume with aplomb - and then I've got a Briggs & Riley bag that is my indestructible workhorse, and replaced/repaired for free if I ever manage to hurt it. B&R doesn't care how or why, just fix or replace. After 750K+ miles over the last seven years, that's what I'd need from Filson for luggage, and the website says "We guarantee the lifetime of each item made by Filson against failure or damage in its intended usage". If that's the equivalent of what B&R offers me, I'm interested, though there seems to be some room to quibble there...

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Not sure I’ve ever seen one of these before - a “72 hour duffle”. Perhaps a limited edition or a precursor to the 48 duffle? Looks like an oversized 261 with a flat front zip pocket.
70AA6189-CD9F-4A4A-9353-A7E5EA0A61A5.jpeg

Noonan67

Reaction score
I have a question. What was the discontinued bag that had the zippered bottom section for dirty/wet shoes and clothing? Also, does anyone have one for sale?

pnwprice

Reaction score
I have a question. What was the discontinued bag that had the zippered bottom section for dirty/wet shoes and clothing? Also, does anyone have one for sale?

These were the Small/Medium/Large Outfitter bags. I have a 239 (which was the largest I believe). Great bags. There’s several on eBay but they’re rarely under $400 or $500 depending on size and “era.”

Zeke90

Reaction score
Received my fourth Filson in a month today. Ordered a new to me 257 from GzStudio. Pre-bedrock tan. To the touch, it does feel more substantial and thicker than my brand new navy one. The inside pieces are definitely lighter weight on the navy. No question there. I think I’m going to like tan much better. Pics to follow.

If anyone is looking for a one month used navy 70257 at a nice discount please let me know.

Interested in that navy 257!

GzStudio

Reaction score
I think i have a few medium and large outfitter bags. the 239 is the XL (only one to have snap-in dividers on bottom). Yes, they are rarely below that price. Odd bag, but perfect for some.

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Color me a bit confused. That's the 257 - as the tag clearly states it, but it may be missing the extra divider with the extra stash of pockets. It may be just a visual that I'm missing but can I rely on my other 257 experts? Am I seeing this right? Was it a 257 that has already had the other divider removed?

I ask because I'm about ready to pull my extra divider out - it caught my attention.

What do you think? Am I seeing things (or NOT seeing things?) Optical illusion from the angle of the pictures?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads