• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool! I've added my stuff. Did you do this on purpose:

View attachment 1204714

It really hurts.. ;-)
Ha, yes, I actually coordinated all the colors but I guess they didn’t save. I have a feeling that it will end up being closer to 40% tan 25% OG and then 35% between all others. We will have to see!

woodsjw

Reaction score
Alrighty, so here it is. I made it public so that anyone can edit without having to provide your email address. This may bite me in the butt, but I don't really see people doing it otherwise. This will be very cool if everybody buys in and add their bags to the list. I would love to get some of our regulars that we haven't heard from in a while to add their stuff. @Tom Lebrando @nevadabob @woodsjw @Fueco @patagoniacommunity @smcguirt and of course all you other fine fellows that post here regularly. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out if at all.

Style Forum Member Bag Inventory

Thanks @tinman2207 ! For the record, I still frequent the thread but I rarely comment anymore because it seems like there’s almost always an argument happening here over stuff that doesn’t really matter.

Anyways, thanks for doing this!

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @tinman2207 ! For the record, I still frequent the thread but I rarely comment anymore because it seems like there’s almost always an argument happening here over stuff that doesn’t really matter.

Anyways, thanks for doing this!
You’re quite welcome. Nice to know you are still there in the background. And I don’t blame you for staying out of the sludge throwing contests. I completely agree that arguments bring about nothing positive. Debate is different, but lately it’s been more personally attacks than anything else.

I think Filson has had some cool new ideas lately that we can focus the conversation on. Workshop stuff is awesome, new colors, new retail location in Naperville, IL @GzStudio!!

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, yes, I actually coordinated all the colors but I guess they didn’t save. I have a feeling that it will end up being closer to 40% tan 25% OG and then 35% between all others. We will have to see!

Too bad not everyone that I accounted for in my recent count will add theirs, Otter Green made a 77% gain, nearly doubling in size, but as I said earlier, many were one time posters sharing their collection or recent purchases.

Emthigious

Reaction score
Maybe we can volunteer and divide the thread, so everyone takes a portion of the pages. That way we can tally everything. Since the sheet accounts for usernames and models etc, we know there won't be duplicates. Unless people actually have duplicates of the same bag in the same colour, in which case, so be it.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe we can volunteer and divide the thread, so everyone takes a portion of the pages. That way we can tally everything. Since the sheet accounts for usernames and models etc, we know there won't be duplicates. Unless people actually have duplicates of the same bag in the same colour, in which case, so be it.

I believe it's about 10,000 posts I covered, since I started posting on here, which was around around page 423, however it would be cool to see even before that, dating back to the fruition of the thread in 2009

Emthigious

Reaction score
Post numbers would probably be more reliable than page numbers now that you mention it. This thread shows up as 1080 pages to me, I think that's user configurable.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post numbers would probably be more reliable than page numbers now that you mention it. This thread shows up as 1080 pages to me, I think that's user configurable.

This is when I started the count I believe, for reference sake when I became active on the thread, crazy to see how much we've grown since, considering the thread was around for over 8 years prior. We nearly tripled in size in less then 2 years.

Last edited:

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alrighty, so here it is. I made it public so that anyone can edit without having to provide your email address. This may bite me in the butt, but I don't really see people doing it otherwise. This will be very cool if everybody buys in and add their bags to the list. I would love to get some of our regulars that we haven't heard from in a while to add their stuff. @Tom Lebrando @nevadabob @woodsjw @Fueco @patagoniacommunity @smcguirt and of course all you other fine fellows that post here regularly. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out if at all.

Style Forum Member Bag Inventory
My humble contribution has been added to you bohemiths. Unintended result of this list, I can now create a shopping list for all the things you have that I want :p

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rare Otter Green Talon Pullman in very good condition

Wonder where he got the idea for the year estimation, I'm going to take a wild guess he did some research on this thread. It matches closely with the Leather Era

93-94.PNG

Toombs

Reaction score
So I added my bags to the public google spreadsheet. Some one else could add the 3 digit model numbers to my entries. All my bags are from 1993, and I was not sure if the model numbers have changed.

Currently I am in 3rd place for the Filson G.A.S. standings. I suspect that would change if all the Jackets, Belts, Luggage Tags, Accessories, and clothing items were somehow tallied.

Thanks for all the posts! I do check in every week or so to see what has happened, and see if I can add to the discussion.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some one else could add the 3 digit model numbers to my entries. All my bags are from 1993, and I was not sure if the model numbers have changed.

Done and Done. I also fixed your material type from Tin Cloth to Twill. Good to have you back in the discussion. Have you been back to Cuba this past year?

Last edited:

Chupacabra

Reaction score
I got some cool little workshop pouches from one of the Seattle stores.

The big one is billowed and has a cool slip pocket inside.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads