• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
filson zip tote and small duffle, ready to go for a 3 day trip. first time using the small duffle. picked it up really cheaply off sierra trading post -- seems the perfect size for short trips. fits 2 pairs of shoes really well.

IMG_0540.jpeg

pnwprice

Reaction score
So I had some family in town this weekend and went to the Seattle flagship to show then around. Had to go back later in the week for this FRD beauty. It’s just too cool.

Pretty interesting piece. It’s an OG briefcase in almost perfect condition. Heavily fortified in a cool symmetrical stitch on every corner and wherever leather meets fabric. Topped off with the storm flap from a weatherproof leather briefcase. The talons on this thing look brand new. It’s like a cool workshop bag but made from like-new older materials. It feels bomb proof.

Attachments

• 923372FD-0349-4D80-9A41-490C916C2DFE.jpeg
    923372FD-0349-4D80-9A41-490C916C2DFE.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 4F133D13-7AC0-40D7-8263-FF948585CEBF.jpeg
    4F133D13-7AC0-40D7-8263-FF948585CEBF.jpeg
    275.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 6B869468-74AA-44F8-B00E-EE34C071D3EE.jpeg
    6B869468-74AA-44F8-B00E-EE34C071D3EE.jpeg
    467 KB · Views: 94
  • 803D7733-96EB-428C-9DD3-0C0835EC6481.jpeg
    803D7733-96EB-428C-9DD3-0C0835EC6481.jpeg
    429.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 662EEEDF-DAF3-4129-8951-B2EDBC297FC6.jpeg
    662EEEDF-DAF3-4129-8951-B2EDBC297FC6.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 6D86C4A6-5D73-415A-BE77-AA29FCF0F976.jpeg
    6D86C4A6-5D73-415A-BE77-AA29FCF0F976.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 110

GzStudio

Reaction score
So I had some family in town this weekend and went to the Seattle flagship to show then around. Had to go back later in the week for this FRD beauty. It’s just too cool.

Pretty interesting piece. It’s an OG briefcase in almost perfect condition. Heavily fortified in a cool symmetrical stitch on every corner and wherever leather meets fabric. Topped off with the storm flap from a weatherproof leather briefcase. The talons on this thing look brand new. It’s like a cool workshop bag but made from like-new older materials. It feels bomb proof.

Wondering if that was done by Anthony....?

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
I use my zip tote as my everyday work bag. I used to use a 256, and had bought the zip tote as a plane carryon, but its way more versatile than that. The shorter straps make it much better for carrying heavier things (i.e. a laptop, charger, ipad, papers, other random crap), it's slightly wider so can fit more 'things', and it's great not having to sort through a bunch of pockets/sections to find what you're looking for.

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use my zip tote as my everyday work bag. I used to use a 256, and had bought the zip tote as a plane carryon, but its way more versatile than that. The shorter straps make it much better for carrying heavier things (i.e. a laptop, charger, ipad, papers, other random crap), it's slightly wider so can fit more 'things', and it's great not having to sort through a bunch of pockets/sections to find what you're looking for.
While I LOVE my 261 and it is accompanying me on the European tour my wife and I are currently enjoying, I personally think it looks a bit like a purse for an EDC. I know it’s just cultural, but the briefcase shape is socially seen a common style for men. I also personally find that the 256 fits my daily needs in terms of organization and shape, while the 261 is almost like a duffle where you can just stuff it full.

Speaking of, my new medium duffle weighed in a 16kg at Nice airport today. My calculator tells me that that’s over 35lbs. Yikes. That was a beast to haul through the streets of Cannes. I knew I should have bought the large rolling check in bag when I had the chance.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
I was kind of concerned about that at first but the shape and materials make it so masculine. I also stopped caring.

Coolwater

Reaction score
Guys I need some explanation about the 24/48/72 hour briefcase case.
I've read many times the 24 is the new 72. Ok but what does it mean with regards to capacity.
Anyone can help me understand which one of the 3 is the biggest loader. Feel comfortable to have it for 2 / 3 days only bag to carry considering a laptop will be in the bag as well.
Oh, last question, does the dopp kit fit one of the zipper pocket on the front.
Thanks

GzStudio

Reaction score
24 and 72 are the same bag, a briefcase. The 48 hour has a little more capacity than a small duffle, but smaller capacity than the medium duffle. I doubt a dopp kit would fit in the front zippers, unless it was empty and folded.

Coolwater

Reaction score
24 and 72 are the same bag, a briefcase. The 48 hour has a little more capacity than a small duffle, but smaller capacity than the medium duffle. I doubt a dopp kit would fit in the front zippers, unless it was empty and folded.
Thanks for your guidance

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys I need some explanation about the 24/48/72 hour briefcase case.
I've read many times the 24 is the new 72. Ok but what does it mean with regards to capacity.
Anyone can help me understand which one of the 3 is the biggest loader. Feel comfortable to have it for 2 / 3 days only bag to carry considering a laptop will be in the bag as well.
Oh, last question, does the dopp kit fit one of the zipper pocket on the front.
Thanks
I'd second what GZ said. First - Filson just changed the name of the 72 hour bag to the 24 hour bag. The 48 hour bag was introduced more recently. Probably about 3-4 or so years ago.

Also - the 24 hour bag and the 48 hour bag are basically the exact same bag with the 48 hour bag having a bigger section to store stuff. The front pockets are either exactly the same size on both styles or very, very close in dimensions.

If you pack SUPER light, you can take the 24 hour bag on an overnight stay (assuming you don't pack shoes and only take one additional outfit (extra shirt, pants - perhaps best stuffed into an eagle creek packing cube). I believe that you CAN put a very small dopp kit (but it can't be a traditional, big leather one or whatever, just a very small one). You may have to put your tube of toothpaste in the other pocket. You just need to be very economical in how you pack.

The 48 hour bag is probably my favorite bag for 2-3 nights. I'm a very light packer in general and it works for me to carry it on weekends or 2 night business trips.

Both are great bags - I've owned both (although I sold my 24 hour bag and replaced it with the original briefcase). Still have the 48.

Coolwater

Reaction score
I'd second what GZ said. First - Filson just changed the name of the 72 hour bag to the 24 hour bag. The 48 hour bag was introduced more recently. Probably about 3-4 or so years ago.

Also - the 24 hour bag and the 48 hour bag are basically the exact same bag with the 48 hour bag having a bigger section to store stuff. The front pockets are either exactly the same size on both styles or very, very close in dimensions.

If you pack SUPER light, you can take the 24 hour bag on an overnight stay (assuming you don't pack shoes and only take one additional outfit (extra shirt, pants - perhaps best stuffed into an eagle creek packing cube). I believe that you CAN put a very small dopp kit (but it can't be a traditional, big leather one or whatever, just a very small one). You may have to put your tube of toothpaste in the other pocket. You just need to be very economical in how you pack.

The 48 hour bag is probably my favorite bag for 2-3 nights. I'm a very light packer in general and it works for me to carry it on weekends or 2 night business trips.

Both are great bags - I've owned both (although I sold my 24 hour bag and replaced it with the original briefcase). Still have the 48.
Excellent eplanation as well.
Based on your comments and GZ's ones I think the 48 will fit my needs.

nevadabob

Reaction score
If you feel like giving that up or if anyone else reading has one of these I'll buy it. they pop up from time to time on The Internets but I've nevere been lucky enough to snag one. I'd love one to change chokes on my hunts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads