• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coolwater

Reaction score
That's outstanding! What a great hommage they've done to you. But how did they manage the color variant on the canvas ?

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome.
Yes I agree it’s the same bag. The pattern of scratches on the left hand strap tab (circled in stratkats pic) are the same if you look carefully. Amazing how lighting can affect the colour of the twill though.
Like stratkat I’m a fan of the 258. Very flexible and will just about manage an overnight. The front pocket is super useful.
I did remove one of the internal dividers and found that opened up the interior a fair amount.

My first Filson was a Tan 70258. As many know i exchanged it for an Otter Green (the birth of OMG) 24HR. To me it was too much like a piece of luggage, then a briefcase. However I keep considering buying one as a one bag carry for 2 day trips.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely 100% that is your bag. I took a few minutes and created the following. Only difference is the recent conditioning you've done.

View attachment 1185274
Thank you - a much better illustration than my words. There is an almost square set of scratches on the left that really made it clear for me.
But that twill colour difference is still killing me.

reglacoste

Reaction score
I heard about padlocks with Filson written on it.
Do you know if it's still available?

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard about padlocks with Filson written on it.
Do you know if it's still available?

Only on the secondary I’m told. My 3 owner Talon Era #257 came with a set. Have yet to find a use for it yet, but maybe on my #246. Stanley Kohl’s Filson Era must’ve included a set with every bag prior to. Although getting a bag on the secondary will sometimes have parts missing; some are the shoulder straps, some the zipper leather, the #266 Twill dividers, and the rest are assured to be the elusive padlock & key sets

Last edited:

nevadabob

Reaction score
4F64442C-B722-410B-B5A4-4A7FEC125022.jpeg Sneak preview post...as promised. More to come shortly.

nevadabob

Reaction score
F4F4AB39-45B0-4244-A4E4-F614D7B20969.jpeg Oh, ok. Here's another. I've been jazzed about the thought of natural leather and watching it take on the effects of my goings-on so I found a company in The California making what appeared to be high-quality goods and selling them at very low prices. I placed an order for some items and received them today.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1185452 Oh, ok. Here's another. I've been jazzed about the thought of natural leather and watching it take on the effects of my goings-on so I found a company in The California making what appeared to be high-quality goods and selling them at very low prices. I placed an order for some items and received them today.

Awesome! Happy to see other members go the route of Natural Leather. It’s very exciting seeing it take on new shades & Patina. Which leather company is this now? Care to share a link with us?

pnwprice

Reaction score
Thank you - a much better illustration than my words. There is an almost square set of scratches on the left that really made it clear for me.
But that twill colour difference is still killing me.
I am still blown away this is my bag. What are the odds?!

Does anyone have a copy of this newsletter to forward my way? I can DM you my email.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am still blown away this is my bag. What are the odds?!

Does anyone have a copy of this newsletter to forward my way? I can DM you my email.

I unfortunately deleted the email after posting the picture. Sorry. I’m not positive but I think it’s also featured in the Spring/Summer catalog. You can view it on the website, if you don’t receive it in the mail.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads