• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made a very small mod to my denim bag. For me, this was a no brainer. Why Filson didn’t do this from the get go is beyond me. Every cone mills garment comes with this tag, and so should the briefcase.

I will admit, it took quite a lot of effort to source an item that had a tag, remove it, learn how to backstitch, and finally make sure to stitch it on correctly, but it was a fun little adventure and I learned a new skill along the way.

View attachment 1117910
Looks factory! Got to do something while it’s so cold out.

Meanwhile this. I thought about the tin pants for this little venture but went with something slight more form fitting on the bike.

3A3FE07A-E0F4-450F-ACE5-5154FD5404A2.jpeg

(That’s a pre-Trek Klein Mantra for anyone that cares)

bart

Reaction score
Awesome presentation! I love how you repurposed the Booker’s wood Case to use as a glass case. I have a similar mod with mine (love booker’s btw, I’m a Barrel Proof fan). I use mine as a tasting notes book shelf, but I enjoy your idea better. I spy a bottle of Blanton’s and Stagg Jr. Never had a single Pappy or ORVW before, but I have had some rare ones (140 Proof Stagg which is my favorite, CA Gold, William LaRue Weller).

I've got three or 4 Bookers boxes in there now, that pic was pretty old. The Stagg Jr has been consumed I think. Got the Blanton's from the distillery (also have a special Woodford rye that was a distillery exclusive and a signed bottle of Town Branch from the sources). A friend who owned a local restaurant gave me a pour of the Pappy 23 along with 2 other good pours the night of my wedding. You can see a Suntory Japanese in there also (I don't care for it - too scotch like).

nevadabob

Reaction score
No, my tote doesn't have a storm flap (at least not that I can discern from the photos). I haven't seen it in person yet. The flap photo is of a briefcase - I had someone in Seattle visit Filson for me and send me some pictures.

One thing I find interesting...from the pictures, it looks like my tote has white stitching (contrasting against the blue denim) and I don't see that in the pictures of the tin man's bag.

One thing I hope mine doesn't have (it's on the duffle bag in Seattle) is a leather patch, conspicuously placed, stamped with the limited edition number.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got three or 4 Bookers boxes in there now, that pic was pretty old. The Stagg Jr has been consumed I think. Got the Blanton's from the distillery (also have a special Woodford rye that was a distillery exclusive and a signed bottle of Town Branch from the sources). A friend who owned a local restaurant gave me a pour of the Pappy 23 along with 2 other good pours the night of my wedding. You can see a Suntory Japanese in there also (I don't care for it - too scotch like).

Awesome!! Any picture from a Bourbon Guy is considered old, as we’re always “over consuming” or “over sharing”. What did you think about the Stagg JR? I thought it burned too hot. I’m a neat only drinker, even 140 Proof George T Stagg. Never had Japanese Whiskey but hear it’s amazing (no regulations or rules). Woodford Reserve is what got me into bourbon, but their Rye is a little too rough for me (gave me heartburn), so I had to add limestone water to it. What’s the oldest whiskey you’ve had? Mine wasn’t a whiskey but a 1950’s unopened bottle of Remy Martin Cognac, shared at my cigar lounge. It was incredible.

6B77E243-283A-4FBF-B2E9-19D0B82A205A.jpeg

7EFD985C-F43C-411F-9B3D-28C61C2BAA3A.jpeg

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reading all these bourbon comments, it struck me how individual taste and preference can be.

ctttt777

Reaction score
Received my briefcase today, but I find there is a quite deep scratch in the hand scrap. Will that affect this bag's lifetime?

UDTeDBl.jpg

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my briefcase today, but I find there is a quite deep scratch in the hand scrap. Will that affect this bag's lifetime?

UDTeDBl.jpg

Never seen that before. It certainly might be cause for concern later on, under heavy load. Might be worth contacting Filson to see if they can either repair or replace. Free of charge of course. Did you buy from Filson.com?

ctttt777

Reaction score
Never seen that before. It certainly might be cause for concern later on, under heavy load. Might be worth contacting Filson to see if they can either repair or replace. Free of charge of course. Did you buy from Filson.com?
No... I bought it from uniongood.com. I've contacted them but I'm not sure whether this bag can be returned or something as I bought this on a sale and their policy is that merchandise bought during sale cannot be returned.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No... I bought it from uniongood.com. I've contacted them but I'm not sure whether this bag can be returned or something as I bought this on a sale and their policy is that merchandise bought during sale cannot be returned.
See what they can do for you, even is it’s a simple exchange. Send them the picture you shared with us. I’m sure they’ll work with you, I’ve heard good things about them.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weekend to visit the college kids. 48 hour bag (I am here for 48 hours actually) along with the original briefcase (256) and inaugural trip with the new grab n go tote. I’ve had it for 3 days and it will soon be among my most used bags. I can tell.

It’s a beast.

Enjoy the weekend boys.

EBC9DC45-A1E3-49DF-8599-773425733566.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads