• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Filson news....

Just sold my Saddleback bag, which makes me briefcaseless until my green 257 ships out from BB (currently expected to ship on 10 February).

When it arrives, I will have the Pullman, 257, and zippered tote in green.

Zippered totes cannot be oversold in their usefulness for a daily beater bag (groceries, lugging **** to the post office, lunch and gym clothes to work, etc.), the Pullman is a black hole, I just hope the 257 lives up to the standard set by by Filson thus far.

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In Filson news....

Just sold my Saddleback bag, which makes me briefcaseless until my green 257 ships out from BB (currently expected to ship on 10 February).

When it arrives, I will have the Pullman, 257, and zippered tote in green.

Zippered totes cannot be oversold in their usefulness for a daily beater bag (groceries, lugging **** to the post office, lunch and gym clothes to work, etc.), the Pullman is a black hole, I just hope the 257 lives up to the standard set by by Filson thus far.

I've got a tan 256 on order from BB expected to ship the same date. :slayer: Considering I bought it during the recent 40% off sale, the wait is worth it.

I'm no Filson big timer like some here. The 256 will bring my total Filson item count to 3, the other two being a dopp kit and..... a flask. :embar:

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got a tan 256 on order from BB expected to ship the same date. :slayer: Considering I bought it during the recent 40% off sale, the wait is worth it.

I'm no Filson big timer like some here. The 256 will bring my total Filson item count to 3, the other two being a dopp kit and..... a flask. :embar:

I am no big-timer - my Pullman was bought on the 40% of sale last year (for which I sacrificed my Saddleback duffle - a trend?) and then the 257 on the 40% off sale this year.

I snagged the tote for 50% off from a member here. So yeah - patience can pay off when it comes to Filson.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a tan 256 on order from BB expected to ship the same date.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Considering I bought it during the recent 40% off sale, the wait is worth it.

I'm no Filson big timer like some here. The 256 will bring my total Filson item count to 3, the other two being a dopp kit and..... a flask.
shog[1].gif
Hey I've eyed that flask for years but never pulled the trigger, nice score!

At the end of the day hunting over the dog in the field or woods, once the guns and dogs are put up, it is common practice to sit on the tailgate and watch the sun go down and have a small drink of dark likker shared with a friend. Wish the flask was a bit larger but smaller may be a good thing
smile.gif

Speaking of which on the upland bird hunting forum I frequent there is a lot of talk lately over Filson once the new catalog came out. More than a few are worried that Filson is switching to cater to the fashion crowd and worried that they will stop making what they were founded on. And soften up their outdoor wear. One gentleman from Ar. had a pair of double tin pants that after a few years started to split at one of the seams so he contacted Filson about it. They had him send them in and with usual Fison customer service being what it is they sent him a new pair of pants. His concern is that the new ones will not stand up on their own like the old ones did. I know this is the Filson bag thread but for those that don't know what I'm talking about here is a picture of his old ones and what most of us think of when mentioning double tin-

I'm not too worried, I think Filson will do both just fine. In the 70's many of us were concerned when LL Bean went through the same thing and they pulled it off very well. Eddie Bauer however did forget their roots when they switched over to providing fashion and form over function. Which is a shame as Eddie Bauer hunted English Setters and would have not allowed it. The last couple of years they have been trying to reenter the upland market but it is too little too late. As far as most of my friends and I are concerned anyhow. I don't see Filson making that mistake but going along the direction of Bean. And they both have great customer service which makes a huge difference in making a purchasing decision for me. Only time will tell.

Last edited:

misofluffy

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So I’m new here but I just wanted to say a huge thank you. I’m a college student who was looking for his first briefcase and I stumbled across this thread. Hearing you guys talk about Filson got me really excited and I knew it was what I wanted.

After a ton of google searching/waiting, I found a store online called W Concept that’s selling the Navy Original Briefcase (256) at 30% off ($157.50). If you sign up for their email you get an extra 20% off and free shipping. I finally decided to take the plunge and got mine for $126. Sale lasts all day I think!Just thought I'd spread some Christmas cheer. :)

Happy Holidays

markkohfm

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So I’m new here but I just wanted to say a huge thank you. I’m a college student who was looking for his first briefcase and I stumbled across this thread. Hearing you guys talk about Filson got me really excited and I knew it was what I wanted.

After a ton of google searching/waiting, I found a store online called W Concept that’s selling the Navy Original Briefcase (256) at 30% off ($157.50). If you sign up for their email you get an extra 20% off and free shipping. I finally decided to take the plunge and got mine for $126. Sale lasts all day I think!Just thought I'd spread some Christmas cheer. :)

Happy Holidays
I signed up for the newsletter but how do i get the extra 20%?

Edit: The offer is really good, thanks to misofluffy. Purchased one as well at http://us.wconcept.com/original-briefcase-4. For those who do not receive the email after registering, the discount code is GET20%FREESHIPPING.

Last edited:

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I signed up for the newsletter but how do i get the extra 20%?

Edit: The offer is really good, thanks to misofluffy. Purchased one as well at http://us.wconcept.com/original-briefcase-4. For those who do not receive the email after registering, the discount code is [COLOR=222222]GET20%FREESHIPPING.[/COLOR]

Hey everyone!

Happy Holidays

Code isn't working for me and the only thing they emailed me says "Newsletter subscription access?"

Can anyone confirm? This is a great deal (better than the last BB sale)

e: Figured it out. You need to create an account and log in, and once you do that the extra 20% off coupon will work if you apply it in cart. Just snagged the 257 in Otter green for $154 - now to see if they actually ship it!

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^good stuff. i went with a 257 in brown. at this price this will make great gifts. remember to register for the site then apply the code GET20%FREESHIPPING. i got a confirmed price of $154 also.

Last edited:

markkohfm

Reaction score
Oh yes think all the remaining original briefcases were bought by members of this forum. Lol. Great share! Any other discounts around? :p

Kwaker

Reaction score

Hey everyone!

Happy Holidays

Awesome 1st post MISO ... got myself the brown computer bag for $154 ... shipped to sister's place in NC, so no tax either!

poena

Reaction score
does anyone own both the 257 and 256 and use both?

I have a 257 but these days since I've stopped bringing lunch into work and not carrying a laptop my 257 is mostly empty and seems way too big.

but buying a 256 seems kind of pointless unless it is that much smaller? All i'm really carrying now is a book, nalgene water bottle, phone charger, a snack or 2 and a small umbrella

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own and use a 256 and 257. Necessary? Of course not. I went a little crazy on the filson stuff a few years back when eBags had coupons and you could stack with Bing cash back.

That said, my 256 is brown and my 257 is tan. I chose those colors purposely to have the slimmer/dressier brown when nicer dress is required, and the larger/more casual tan for day to day.

257 is 50% larger than 256 (6" deep vs. 4" - all other measurements are the same).

misofluffy

Reaction score
No problem, guys. Glad I could help some of you! Can't wait to get my first (and probably last) briefcase!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads