• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WJR

Reaction score
I have posted this before without success. Does anyone have a small travel kit in Otter Green in new or like new condition that you would be willing to sell? I missed out on one on eBay and have not seen any others lately and also have not been able to source one elsewhere.

Here is a pic of what I am looking for:

Thanks.

WJR

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On dividers - I took one out of my 258 and was much happier with the result. The 258 has 3 - 2 attached to the bag and a third attached to one of the 2. That makes it easy to remove cleanly, and still leaves 2 for organisation.

@WJR - this is of no help in your quest but I have a tan small travel kit and really like it. I think it’s the perfect size. Good luck!

Reactions: WJR

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have posted this before without success. Does anyone have a small travel kit in Otter Green in new or like new condition that you would be willing to sell? I missed out on one on eBay and have not seen any others lately and also have not been able to source one elsewhere.

Thanks.

WJR
That's a unicorn, WJR. I have it in tan (and was able to get a navy one for my son). Really great little bag.

WJR

Reaction score
Agree completely with both of you speedy611 and mgrennier!!

WJR

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhat on topic with Filson but I finally got around to watching Jack Ryan. I started with the pilot at my cigar lounge, and before I knew it I was watching episode 8. I don’t know if I am the first to notice this but he carries an Otter Green Journeyman....:lol:

Nah just kidding but I might be the first to notice that at least one scene you can see it’s the very rare Cinch Strapped model, which is far from my favorite edition.

WJR

Reaction score
Another Filson movie sighting - the male lead in “The Age of Adeline” has a 256 and a medium duffle, both in otter.

Will definitely watch just for the Filson content.

My wife gets a laugh every time we see something on Yellowstone that is Filson and I rewind the scene several times to confirm which bag. From reading posts here, I was forewarned of the Filson content. For me it makes an already good show even more enjoyable.

WJR

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love Yellowstone. Totally agree, Filson everywhere, and worn with panache too. Those cowboying skills are amazing.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

WJR

Sent you a PM

originalhype

Reaction score
The filson hunters and the resellers have been slackin' because i manage to get this for $130 at a certain market place and somehow well...

I like to present to you the most well preserve FIlson briefcase 257 from a long long time ago.

filson1.jpg filson2.jpg filson3.jpg

TALON!!!
filson4.jpg

Leather has aged gracefully.
filson5.jpg

Rigged twill 22 oz inside.
filson6.jpg

filson7.jpg

It did not come with a shoulder straps but luckily I had an extra strap that is around the same timeline.

filson8.jpg

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The filson hunters and the resellers have been slackin' because i manage to get this for $130 at a certain market place and somehow well...

That's because how many of them are still salivating over how much they can sell inferior quality items like the latest edition Journeyman (for FRD prices), that they forgot what true Made in USA Filson quality was all about, like your newly acquired Talon 257. Honestly, with that well preserved condition you could've paid upwards of $500 and it still would've been semi-reasonable.

Last edited:

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@originalhype - nice catch. I agree with Otter that the journeyman seems to have cult status at the moment and the 256/257 are somehow less appealing in the secondary market. Not sure if that’s to do with few people commuting / in offices perhaps?

Samgoody

Reaction score
Among those Filson-adjacent brands sometimes praised on this channel, like Vermilyea Pelle, is Seil Marschall, which is based in Germany. Snagged this puppy on eBay after making the seller an offer. It's SM's version of the 261. Anyone else use their rugged bags to store other rugged bags? Because, friends, that's pretty much where I'm at.

IMG_4661.jpg

oliverjacksonn17

Reaction score
Fantastic collection. I'll have to snap a shot comparable to the ones I have because I've been pondering whether or not to let them go recently. I am using as My ' first aid kit . It is constantly in the truck with me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads