• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did any of you guys catch Yellowstone Season 4 Episode 4 yet? Just spotted a Tan Outfitter Bag carried by Kayce. At the tail end of Season 1 you can also see a Tan Large Duffel carried by Avery, on her first night in the bunkhouse.

CCF1897

Reaction score
Did any of you guys catch Yellowstone Season 4 Episode 4 yet? Just spotted a Tan Outfitter Bag carried by Kayce. At the tail end of Season 1 you can also see a Tan Large Duffel carried by Avery, on her first night in the bunkhouse.
Yes, saw it when he was tossing it in the back of his truck.

Nigel Sequeira

Reaction score
So you not only got to design your own bag, but be involved in the cutting and making of it too?! I take it the experts did the stitching, but dang how COOL!!!! My dream would be tincloth black and otter green. I prefer the tin to twill so would love to use that material for something traditionally twill. :inlove:

Yessir! I pop by the NY stores kinda frequently so they let me know when cool stuff is happening. The guys who put on the event were a couple of super cool dudes from the seattle FRD team, they packed up all the cut pieces and took them back to Seattle and stitched them there which made the whole thing even cooler.

They didn't have tin cloth but I have a waxed version of the canvas that feels super stiff. I also used the material they used to cover tables when they burnish the edges of leather, which has a cool pattern. I was going for almost like an Engineered Garments vibe which I think hit perfectly. It's also cool to know I'm the only one in the world with this combo and they're likely not going to make it super available.

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey gents, just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I haven’t been as active lately but I’m still wheeling and dealing behind the scenes, despite that my little guy is taking up most of my time. Anyways, I hope each of you has a great day tomorrow! On me is a guide sweater and on my son is a candy cane onesie. Not Filson unfortunately :)

5ECB6AE3-5194-4681-B2D1-D4C8AEBC4964.jpeg

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For all my fellow cigar aficionados out there, thought you'd get a kick out of this. I saw this in a recent Filson email. Probably the worst way you could ever light a cigar, maybe even worse then a traditional Zippo. Xikar sells high altitude lighters for this exact kind of climate and purpose

Filson Cigar.jpg

I saw this well aged Filson Jacket on eBay and wanted to see what the group thought of it. The listing says 1970's and the build tag is well worn, so I can't speak to the validity of that claim; but it does feature Talon Zippers and a Motto tag, so it certainly is a classic.

It's quite remarkably beautiful I think:

Talon Coat.PNG

Bespoke49er

Reaction score
For all my fellow cigar aficionados out there, thought you'd get a kick out of this. I saw this in a recent Filson email. Probably the worst way you could ever light a cigar, maybe even worse then a traditional Zippo. Xikar sells high altitude lighters for this exact kind of climate and purpose

View attachment 1709486

I saw this well aged Filson Jacket on eBay and wanted to see what the group thought of it. The listing says 1970's and the build tag is well worn, so I can't speak to the validity of that claim; but it does feature Talon Zippers and a Motto tag, so it certainly is a classic.

It's quite remarkably beautiful I think:

View attachment 1709492
Pretty “vintage” jacket! It’s definitely seen some use. Not sure I would expend $480 on it without knowing more about the sizing & interior, not to mention its ability to withstand a Re-waxing. Not sure it would keep me warm enough here in AK ? but sometimes it’s not about the practical, is it.

Bespoke49er

Reaction score
Hey gents, just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I haven’t been as active lately but I’m still wheeling and dealing behind the scenes, despite that my little guy is taking up most of my time. Anyways, I hope each of you has a great day tomorrow! On me is a guide sweater and on my son is a candy cane onesie. Not Filson unfortunately :)

View attachment 1709451
Happy Thanksgiving ??? TinMan3! Is that a Shinola/Filson Field Watch on the left wrist?

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving ??? TinMan3! Is that a Shinola/Filson Field Watch on the left wrist?
Ahh yes it is. Not to humble brag, but it’s the Smokey Bear edition. Bought it in London while visiting with @speedy611 four or so years ago. Love it to death and hope to pass it down to my little guy some day.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Just realized I never posted pics of my like new with tags 04 build 248:

I have never seen an inspector sticker on my other new Filson purchases. Still looking for a travel kit or tray to match this.

WJR

Nice find! 1204...just made the cut for 2004 :fonz:

I miss my OG Talon 246. It truly was one of my all time favorite Filson’s. What are your plans for the 248?

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Just realized I never posted pics of my like new with tags 04 build 248:

I have never seen an inspector sticker on my other new Filson purchases. Still looking for a travel kit or tray to match this.

WJR
Incredible find. What an exceptional example of Filson bags at their prime. Very rare to find a 248 in OG as well. I’ve seen a few of the inspection stickers in my day, but it’s not common anymore.

Stratkat

Reaction score
Totally not Filson related, but what are you guys wearing for cologne? I’ve been wearing Fahrenheit since 94, thinking of a change…

IVIozartsGhost

Reaction score
Totally not Filson related, but what are you guys wearing for cologne? I’ve been wearing Fahrenheit since 94, thinking of a change…

A few that I use:
  • Tom Ford’s Santal Blush, Lost Cherry
  • Le Labo’s Another 13, Santal 33
  • Kiehl’s Original Musk
  • TokyoMilk Dark Bulletproof

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads