• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BLNDRWMN

Reaction score
I think it's the filson apron?

Ding ding ding!!! It is, it's the Filson Apron in Antique Tan! The strap goes around the neck and has a few poppers for adjustment, though all are far too long for me. Funnily enough one of the poppers broke when I first adjusted it--the pins that keep it together weren't in place properly, and snapped when it was being hammered on--so I'm taking it to a cobbler this afternoon to attach a new popper back in a higher location for a better fit.

I make a lot of beef jerky and so that will be its primary use in the kitchen; we also home brew beer so there's another good use excuse! :cheers:

20211123_130654.jpg

Last edited:

Nigel Sequeira

Reaction score
I'll DM you my address for whatever the prize was, I assume a double mac cruiser or a journeyman backpack

I remember seeing these in stores for the longest time and thinking they were really cool, I don't know if I've ever seen one in the wild but I'm glad someone is getting some real good use outta one!

BLNDRWMN

Reaction score
I'll DM you my address for whatever the prize was, I assume a double mac cruiser or a journeyman backpack

I remember seeing these in stores for the longest time and thinking they were really cool, I don't know if I've ever seen one in the wild but I'm glad someone is getting some real good use outta one!

The prize was a Vans backpack... though I think you and I are both dreaming at this point!!! ?

Their other apron looked great too, and more comfortable with the crossed back straps, but I could only find it on the Filson website. Funnily enough they're both made of the same materials yet they market that one more for workshops and this one more for anything including kitchen work. Unsure why. Anyway I preferred the other but shipping from Filson to Australia is deadly expensive even for a wee apron, but I found this reduced on eBay from an Australian stockist. It was their last one and AUD$120, so I won't bother hitting them up for a replacement due to the pooped popper. It'll only be a 5$ fix I am sure.

CCF1897

Reaction score

I’d be asking be asking for some of that homemade jerky for the prize ?

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The prize was a Vans backpack... though I think you and I are both dreaming at this point!!! ?

Their other apron looked great too, and more comfortable with the crossed back straps, but I could only find it on the Filson website. Funnily enough they're both made of the same materials yet they market that one more for workshops and this one more for anything including kitchen work. Unsure why. Anyway I preferred the other but shipping from Filson to Australia is deadly expensive even for a wee apron, but I found this reduced on eBay from an Australian stockist. It was their last one and AUD$120, so I won't bother hitting them up for a replacement due to the pooped popper. It'll only be a 5$ fix I am sure.

I'll settle for just getting the material right at the first clue. I actually searched aprons during my investigation but passed on it because of that one piece with the snaps, looked almost like it could be a cuff for one of the new Filson jackets.

This was actually in one of my open tabs before the reveal...

Apron.PNG

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IVIozartsGhost

Reaction score
Heck yea! Thanks man, here's some pics from when my fiance and I went to the event, she built one to

That is a super cool event! Sure wish Filson would do that again sometime.

I’ve heard that Filson is moving away from restoring bags (total bummer), but hopefully they will still keep on making new bags with various colors and materials.

Nigel Sequeira

Reaction score
That is a super cool event! Sure wish Filson would do that again sometime.

I’ve heard that Filson is moving away from restoring bags (total bummer), but hopefully they will still keep on making new bags with various colors and materials.

Restoring bags as in selling restored bags or restoring bags people own to usable condition again? if it's the second I'm gonna be pretty bummed, that's half the reason I own so many filson bags!

IVIozartsGhost

Reaction score
Restoring bags as in selling restored bags or restoring bags people own to usable condition again? if it's the second I'm gonna be pretty bummed, that's half the reason I own so many filson bags!
To clarify, I’ve heard that Filson is less enthusiastic about selling refurbished bags. That certainly appeared to be the case when I was last up at the Seattle store: there were no refurbished bags at the FRD section; only one-off bags that were new (but still really cool!).

As far as I know they still do warranty repairs… and I’m about to send a new-to-me 1960’s era Mackinaw cruiser in for some work so…

Nigel Sequeira

Reaction score
To clarify, I’ve heard that Filson is less enthusiastic about selling refurbished bags. That certainly appeared to be the case when I was last up at the Seattle store: there were no refurbished bags at the FRD section; only one-off bags that were new (but still really cool!).

As far as I know they still do warranty repairs… and I’m about to send a new-to-me 1960’s era Mackinaw cruiser in for some work so…

Ah i see, yeah the store in New York has had less refurbished bags than they used to. I think the prices of really old bags are getting up there too which might be part of the reason. I still see a couple from time to time but honestly I almost feel like it would be cooler to beat a bag up myself or find one pretty old and get it repaired. The story behind the bags are cooler when they include the next owner!

BLNDRWMN

Reaction score

So you not only got to design your own bag, but be involved in the cutting and making of it too?! I take it the experts did the stitching, but dang how COOL!!!! My dream would be tincloth black and otter green. I prefer the tin to twill so would love to use that material for something traditionally twill. :inlove:

BLNDRWMN

Reaction score
In other news, have you folk seen the new limited edition gear for Christmas? Pretty paintings upon bags, but of course a pretty penny too since they are hand-painted and there exist just one of each variant. There is also a fuzzy roughout briefcase and some other non-bag goodies.
20239836_OtGrnDucks_main.png

20239835_TanElk_alt_1.png

20239844_OtGrnFish_main.png

20239839_TanFish_alt_5.png

20239839_TanFish_main.png

20239832_OtGrnFish_main.png

20204978_saddlebrwn_main_1-png.1708945

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads