• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stratkat

Reaction score
Get it. It's one of the best Filson bags ever put into production. I am not really an avid sportsman, but find reasons to use mine ALL THE TIME. Such a great form factor, tough as a box of nails, looks great dirty or clean. Great bag. Probably the only one in my entire collection (about 10 bags) that I would never consider selling. Just too good as an all-purpose bag.

Right now, mine is in the back of the Jeep holding winter gear - gloves, winter hats, etc.
Have to agree, I have both, have used em for tools etc. I use my heritage mostly for travel, it’s the bag that works 80% of the time, for the other 20, I’ll grab a duffle.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A week away in Cornwall in the UK. The 242 doing duty - basically totally full but doing great with 6 days of clothes and shoes + ultralight jacket and dopp. 256 for the electronics, with the wide strap which I love. Bean boots and logger

C22D53F3-E4BD-4FAD-A074-1B63D4C9E63E.jpeg

IVIozartsGhost

Reaction score

Not my bag, but thought I’d post it here in case anyone was interested. ?

A JEDI IM

Reaction score

Not my bag, but thought I’d post it here in case anyone was interested. ?

There must be gold in that there twill. ?

CCF1897

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Can’t say fairer than that.
I have two sportsman’s and use them all the time. Was just in the North Woods for 9 days bird hunting and it served as my overnight bag (was not going to unload/load the xl duffel) in the hotel on the 17 hour drive out and then my daily field bag (shells, first aid, change of socks if mine were to get wet, jacket,dog supplies, electronics etc) that would remain in the truck. It’s good as a small duffel, range bag, field bag, driven shooting bag and all around gear bag.

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two sportsman’s and use them all the time. Was just in the North Woods for 9 days bird hunting and it served as my overnight bag (was not going to unload/load the xl duffel) in the hotel on the 17 hour drive out and then my daily field bag (shells, first aid, change of socks if mine were to get wet, jacket,dog supplies, electronics etc) that would remain in the truck. It’s good as a small duffel, range bag, field bag, driven shooting bag and all around gear bag.
Hell yeah. I feel like every Filson fanatic needs to have one. It’s a classic, like very few others.

DuckMan_11

Reaction score
I use my heritage as a range bag or take fo the deer blind. I used my regular sportsman as my overnight bag on the way to duck and goose hunt up in Canada a couple of weeks ago. Been using a pelican air rolling case as my large “bag” because it can take the abuse and also go in the bed of a truck if it isn’t covered. The sportsman is prefect for a few day trip too. Easy to fly with as a carryon.

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all. You DON'T need to watch this entire clip but you MUST watch the first 10 seconds of it.

Mia asks Rip: "Hey Rip, where did you get that jacket? Is that a Filson"?

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all. You DON'T need to watch this entire clip but you MUST watch the first 10 seconds of it.

I’ve been watching the series finally and have seen multiple Filson sightings. Besides a hat and coat, I’ve only seen one luggage piece which looked to be a Tan Large or XL Duffel. Also two kinds of Vests: the Mackinaw and the Ultralight. The problem I’m having with sourcing these scenes is that Yellowstone is using their platform to sell merchandise and garments from the show, so I’ll have to go back into each scene and take a screen grab to showcase which Filson’s were used.

A JEDI IM

Reaction score

Murdoch’s, of course! Looks like I should be watching that show. Is it any good or is it just good clothes? :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads