• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

heq206

Reaction score
Oh. My. Gosh. I would die. Was it all excess NOS kinda stuff? With those prices it'd be difficult to pass up anything regardless of actual 'need'!! ??

Oh and you could have used the bags and luggage to store smaller items to build a stash prior to checkout (though security might've looked at you funny... ?)!

Yes, it was almost all new "old" stock. All the tags I have say standard and none of the labels have been lined out. I went overboard and basically bought one of each of my favorite bags in tan and OG and 4-wheel carryon's. My intention was to buy the carryon's for my boys when we travel and give them a bag each for when they go off to college (they're not even teenagers yet, lol!).

On the way home my wife says to me, "I wish I would've gotten a carryon, too!"

As others have mentioned, the bags were $80, even the 48-hour. However, the small duffle was considered luggage/duffle and was $150.

Only thing I didn't get that I really wanted was a Mackinaw Wool Cruiser; I didn't see any Smalls. I did see a few rolltop backpacks that I wanted, but the straps on the ones I saw were really wrinkly/waffle textured so I passed. It was kind of organized chaos if that makes sense. Big ol' boxes of bags / clothes in plastic and you had to dig throug the pile to find what you wanted.

Attachments

• filson-sample-sale.jpeg
    filson-sample-sale.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

sindrearg

Reaction score
Those are sweet bags. I've recently downsized my photo gear - no longer carry the heavy Nikon SLR and long lenses. Just carry the Leica Q2 now (which might be the best, and most fun, camera I've ever used - but I digress).

I modified my medium field bag a little bit. Added some different hardware to make it more easily accessible and bought a brightly colored padded insert to keep my gear inside safe. Give some thought to the medium field bag if you're unable to source the field camera bag you posted above.
Its a good thought I'll give you that! But I'm just really fond of the field camera bag. The shape and size really makes it something else for me. :D

FilsonDude

Reaction score
Its a good thought I'll give you that! But I'm just really fond of the field camera bag. The shape and size really makes it something else for me. :D

I’ll agree with you on that. I love the MFB and have multiple but the extra features and room of the cam bag is fantastic. I’ve been using it as my daily bag lately

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't even have one of those yet!
Gentlemen. For any of those with a Filson Camera bag, might you be interested in a trade? Perhaps for a Pullman, a large carryon (with buttery leather) and/or a Medium Field bag? Please DM me

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got these three. Large bag, 48h duffle and the 17" computer bag. I am really pleased with all. I have in mind to get the journeyman backpack too but it seems that capacity is a bit short for my needs. The problem with second hand within EU is that there are not many items listed in the bay, so neither special/older editions nor second hand market available. Beautiful stuff, so really happy with them.
20210920_113635.jpg

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy is really beautiful, sometimes I wish my collection was in navy instead of OG. But I started noticing how my OGs are getting patina which makes me like them even more! That’s why I would like to find journeyman in OG :)

Navy works well for business but I don’t think it patinates in as desirable way as OG.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stratkat

Reaction score
Yes, it was almost all new "old" stock. All the tags I have say standard and none of the labels have been lined out. I went overboard and basically bought one of each of my favorite bags in tan and OG and 4-wheel carryon's. My intention was to buy the carryon's for my boys when we travel and give them a bag each for when they go off to college (they're not even teenagers yet, lol!).

On the way home my wife says to me, "I wish I would've gotten a carryon, too!"

As others have mentioned, the bags were $80, even the 48-hour. However, the small duffle was considered luggage/duffle and was $150.

Only thing I didn't get that I really wanted was a Mackinaw Wool Cruiser; I didn't see any Smalls. I did see a few rolltop backpacks that I wanted, but the straps on the ones I saw were really wrinkly/waffle textured so I passed. It was kind of organized chaos if that makes sense. Big ol' boxes of bags / clothes in plastic and you had to dig throug the pile to find what you wanted.
Odd that there were rolltops, they’ve been gone for a while now…

BLNDRWMN

Reaction score
Odd that there were rolltops, they’ve been gone for a while now…

I was surprised by that too. Seeing everyone's purchases it sounds to have been an awesome sale overall, and a shame it's unavailable online but they clearly need not go to the effort of doing that with such local interest!

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was surprised by that too. Seeing everyone's purchases it sounds to have been an awesome sale overall, and a shame it's unavailable online but they clearly need not go to the effort of doing that with such local interest!
Per your earlier post on the warehouse sale and general distance - I feel your pain! As UK resident it’s hard enough here in Europe. And as an ex- Aussie it was basically impossible, even in Sydney, to source Filson locally at anything approaching sensible prices!

Talking of which if there are any UK/EU folk looking for a ranger backpack in tan (BNWT) hit me up!

@Soletrane - wonderful to see you posting and hope things are ok. Sounded like you have had a bit of a tough time. We missed you.

BLNDRWMN

Reaction score
This is interesting...

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is interesting...

Yes this has been on UK depop site for months with quite a hyperbolic description to accentuate it’s “rarity”. Same seller has a tin cloth cruiser also “custom and rare”.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads