• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nevadabob

Reaction score
Singjai, if you end up not keeping that rucksack, I will take it off of your hands. I don't know what ISO is but I can tell you I have been after one for a bit!

singjai

Reaction score
Singjai, if you end up not keeping that rucksack, I will take it off of your hands. I don't know what ISO is but I can tell you I have been after one for a bit!
ISO = in search of. And will do man. I think I’d consider this a grail piece for myself but you’ll be the first to know if I have to give it up.

nevadabob

Reaction score
Package came today! 7E57D34B-AA32-4D94-89B2-A649DA444378.jpeg

nevadabob

Reaction score
Aight, so I forgot to take grab the thing before leaving the office yesterday, but it's the Smokey Ranger Stetson hat. I was looking and there's one on The Ebay right now...it appears it's more olive green than what it looked like on Filson's site. I was hoping it was more of the brown from the gun club hat.

In other news! I received a note from Shinola today. My watches are being shipped back to me. Still no notice of a charge for battery replacement. Maybe going through Filson has something to do with that.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aight, so I forgot to take grab the thing before leaving the office yesterday, but it's the Smokey Ranger Stetson hat. I was looking and there's one on The Ebay right now...it appears it's more olive green than what it looked like on Filson's site. I was hoping it was more of the brown from the gun club hat.

In other news! I received a note from Shinola today. My watches are being shipped back to me. Still no notice of a charge for battery replacement. Maybe going through Filson has something to do with that.
Well it couldn't be too expensive if they didn't ask for payment up front. I just got my IWC back from service, and they very politely made it known that they would like all of their money before it got packaged up to return to me.

A JEDI IM

Reaction score

The hat is definitely brown. I had it fixed in my mind that it was green (I don’t know why) and all those around me said otherwise. I really like the hat.

Great news on the watch front. Keep us posted, please.

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The wife and I are in Door County Wisconsin for a few nights and exploring some of the most beautiful areas in the Midwest. I got a chance to use a workhorse on this trip to carry towels and other stuff. The large grab and go tote is extremely useful when you just need to grab something and stuff it full. It truly feels like it will never really get full. It doesn’t look too bad either in the great outdoors! This is Cave Point in Door County and I highly recommend it!

BF3EEBE8-B583-44D3-A0F5-4B09D252C80C.jpeg

076B9673-9707-4040-8812-3D957CC6ECA9.jpeg

3BFB9EEE-5C3D-4984-B184-E5BFA738DF72.jpeg

DF78291A-BF0F-4549-9911-79A08D0340BE.jpeg

Last edited:

PotatoPot

Reaction score
Hi guys! I am enjoying reading through all the posts and seeing everyone's collections, its amazing!
I have decided to get my first filson (small field bag), but am stuck between the otter green or the tan...

Any advice would be appreciated!

Bespoke49er

Reaction score
Hi guys! I am enjoying reading through all the posts and seeing everyone's collections, its amazing!
I have decided to get my first filson (small field bag), but am stuck between the otter green or the tan...

Welcome PotatoPot!

My recommendation is to go with Otter Green. If you plan to travel, or use the “field bag” in the field, it’s been my experience that bags in OG tend to wear better and show less dirt, scuffs, marks, etc. than tan Filson bags.

Enjoy the 1st Filson!

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm probably going to be selling a medium field bag, if interested. In tan

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, the count - it looks like Filson may have restocked the logger hat. Hope you can snag one. View attachment 1620295

Yes, I saw that thanks. Cap arrived yesterday. Very pleased with cap ... except the $45 price sticker on it.:angry:

So I called to see what the deal was and was told “well, we WERE going to sell them for $45 but at the last minute decided to sell them for $55 so we changed the stickers. I guess they missed yours.”

Well, at least he was honest.

But, again, the cap is nice.

7357BE6D-ED5C-4A28-AB4E-445D611A9AD1.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads