• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if only GZ was being like old @GzStudio and bought 20 of each color
There’s too many people out there looking to make a few bucks on deals like this. It’s not worth the time for $25 profit per sale for me but there are plenty of people who are willing to do it for that. I find that most of the widespread deals I’ll buy what I want for me and pretty much leave it to the wolves to try and sell them. I bought one. But I do have a bunch of red small duffles and totes that I bought cheap and haven’t been able to move yet. Learned my lesson.

thewinedown

Reaction score
There’s too many people out there looking to make a few bucks on deals like this. It’s not worth the time for $25 profit per sale for me but there are plenty of people who are willing to do it for that. I find that most of the widespread deals I’ll buy what I want for me and pretty much leave it to the wolves to try and sell them. I bought one. But I do have a bunch of red small duffles and totes that I bought cheap and haven’t been able to move yet. Learned my lesson.
Agreed. If I was a an eBay seller as a career, I’d have grabbed quite a few and sat on them.

IVIozartsGhost

Reaction score
CF6175BE-3CF1-4446-8774-350A21A0F173.jpeg
5B3BAEB7-E19B-4260-BE28-6C8DBE4922C5.jpeg

Added the red Nanamica x Filson briefcase to the collection. This one came from Korea, and was barely used. Now to find either a white or blue medium duffle ??

IVIozartsGhost

Reaction score
379BAD34-BC91-44F8-9877-41FD3FC4BAAB.JPG

Funny little story: a few months ago I started a little Instagram page that I post interesting (at least to me) Filson bags on. Yesterday, someone commented on the picture of the FRD camo tote that I have, stating "Hey, I made that." So I struck up a convo with the commenter, and it turns out he is one of the three FRD gurus at Filson. We had a pretty long convo about bags and whatnot, and he shared some pictures of some pretty cool stuff, including the two photos here. The blue 256 is using the same blaze orange leather as my camo tote; blue and orange are one of my favorite color combos (they were my high school colors, cheesy, I know). He also shared some photos of products he is developing and asked me not to share yet, but they were really cool as well.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell him to get the 24hr briefcase done in twill!
Fascinating. Also the 48hr bag in twill with a proper trolley strap and back pocket!

Are you australian? “Convo” is very common Ozzie slang!

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
Tell him to get the 24hr briefcase done in twill!

Yes!! Yes!!! Oh, yes!!!!!!!

Sort of sounds like I’m in the wrong group, eh? I guess we are passionate about our bags. ?

I actually think I would be more excited about the 48hr in twill. So, apply these sentiments there, please.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes!! Yes!!! Oh, yes!!!!!!!

Sort of sounds like I’m in the wrong group, eh? I guess we are passionate about our bags. ?

I actually think I would be more excited about the 48hr in twill. So, apply these sentiments there, please.
Maybe we need to email the new CEO and offer our collective services as an engaged and passionate customer panel.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to propose that we invite the CEO to our meetup in Seattle. For homework, we can ask him to spend 12 days reading this forum. You know, for research.
He’d have to read more than one post a minute continuously for 24 hrs a day for 12 days to get through the whole thread :)
That @OtterMeanGreen levels of commitment...

linablair

Reaction score
Oh that’s what you’re taking about. Gotcha! They definitely offer that in Navy because I too almost pulled the trigger on a few. The bag your brother has is the #70081 Large Twill Carry On. It replaced the Large Carry On #242. The Large Travel Bag is the one I am searching for in Otter Green (Talon of course). It’s designation is #248.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was on the hunt for the 70081 Large Twill Carry on in Navy. Otter said he'd keep an eye out. Within a day or two, he found one on the bay that was mislabeled as a 256 at a pretty great price.

I couldn't resist. Received the bag yesterday and am glad I held out on the open tote deal at Nordstrom. This bag is a grail find for me! It's still got the tags on it, build date is 11/13 and is only missing the strap. Thanks @OtterMeanGreen!

Attachments

• IMG_3398.jpeg
    IMG_3398.jpeg
    297.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3399.jpeg
    IMG_3399.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3400.jpeg
    IMG_3400.jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3401.jpeg
    IMG_3401.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3403.jpeg
    IMG_3403.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 73

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was on the hunt for the 70081 Large Twill Carry on in Navy. Otter said he'd keep an eye out. Within a day or two, he found one on the bay that was mislabeled as a 256 at a pretty great price.

I couldn't resist. Received the bag yesterday and am glad I held out on the open tote deal at Nordstrom. This bag is a grail find for me! It's still got the tags on it, build date is 11/13 and is only missing the strap. Thanks @OtterMeanGreen!
Otter strikes again!!!! He recently found me a great bag - of which I need to take pictures and give him public credit!!!! Alas, no travel, so it's tucked away in the closet with my other Filson bags. Ugh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads