• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FilsonDude

Reaction score
really curious as to how much stock they have (had).
manager at my local shop said it was a fairly limited run

duckmaster

Reaction score
I just ordered one as well, we will see if it gets shipped. The amount of traffic I'm seeing on this listing from multiple sites I can not Imagine how many have been purchased.

linablair

Reaction score
sold out now apparently

thanks @linablair for starting the feeding frenzy!

Happy to help feed the addiction. I didn't end up making the purchase. I've got a mackinaw red 260 and a tan 261 with an 11/09 build date, so I couldn't justify the purchase. Awfully tempting though! I'm holding out for the large travel bag in navy...

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been to New York,DC,Naperville and Boston stores and New York by far best of group. Really great people working there,great selection,large enough,not to mention the great 163 year old barn that is part of the stores store is in a really nice Manhattan neighborhood that features some incredible architecture in neighboring buildings
I've been to the Seattle flagship, both NY Stores, London store, both Dallas area stores, Austin and Detroit, plus the Minneapolis outlet. The Seattle flagship and the main New York store are the most similar except that Seattle has the factory attached to it, which gives it a leg up, IMO.

I'd prefer the Seattle store especially if we could do a custom FRD session. That would be crazy good although I don't need anything else at the moment (I mean seriously, how can I travel with my 6 Filson bags?) (or is it 7?)

We could also include a trip up to the Seattle outlet store (not in Seattle but close-ish).

Who's going to pick a weekend?

originalhype

Reaction score
There were a couple of interesting subs on the Filson Reddit that I thought folks here might be interested in checking out. It started with a complaint going to Filson's customer service, and ended with the original poster having a phone call with Tom Kartsotis (head of Bedrock, which owns Filson) and a lengthy e-mail from Paolo Corinaldesi.

Original sub:
https://www.reddit.com/r/filson/comments/kq940a/filson_frustration/

Follow-up sub:

I thought these subs went along well with what TinMan3 wonderfully wrote earlier. I share a similar affinity to my Filson products. For me, it stems back to the late 80's when my dad extolled the value of well-crafted products. At the time, my dad was frequently traveling across the country, and had a Filson duffle bag that he took with him on all his trips. Then when I graduated high school, he bought me my first Filson product: a 257 in otter green.

Flash forward a couple of decades, and I find myself living just down the road from Filson's HQ. I pop up to their showroom regularly, whenever I have to be in Seattle. I love chatting with the craftspeople in the restoration shop, swapping stories about bags and dreaming about unicorns. Inevitably during those chats, other customers get involved and before long the retail space becomes more of a living room of sorts where a bunch of strangers enjoy talking about Filson and the adventures that their Filson products have accompanied them on.

Soooo, yeah, Filson has cultivated, quite naturally it seems, a community that has wonderful little nooks all around the interwebs and globe.

And for fun, my latest bags:

View attachment 1535728
Filson needs to be consistent, Why is the shoulder strap padding not the same as other briefcase? It i just one single layer of leather. It is just like the old briefcase.

originalhype

Reaction score
Thought, i would have fun.
I the the medium duffle has blue, forest green and tan color. I would love to see a burgundy/plum/or cranberry option. Something like below.

I would love the plum/cranberry color bags as they are different and have a royal look.
plum.jpg

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been to the Seattle flagship, both NY Stores, London store, both Dallas area stores, Austin and Detroit, plus the Minneapolis outlet. The Seattle flagship and the main New York store are the most similar except that Seattle has the factory attached to it, which gives it a leg up, IMO.

I'd prefer the Seattle store especially if we could do a custom FRD session. That would be crazy good although I don't need anything else at the moment (I mean seriously, how can I travel with my 6 Filson bags?) (or is it 7?)

We could also include a trip up to the Seattle outlet store (not in Seattle but close-ish).

Who's going to pick a weekend?

Give me enough notice and assuming covid permits I might even fly over from the mother country.
@mgrennier - 6 or 7 bags? Are you unwell? That’s table stakes!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads