• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So had the medium duffle been dropped. I can’t find it on the mobile version of the site. Just the small and large.

Rubicon101

Reaction score
So had the medium duffle been dropped. I can’t find it on the mobile version of the site. Just the small and large.
Is that the one you’re referring to?

Attachments

• 82CFB589-3337-499A-89C2-ABB4A10B9D8D.png
    82CFB589-3337-499A-89C2-ABB4A10B9D8D.png
    229.4 KB · Views: 29

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Added a new bucket list item to my minimalist EDC collection. This one was a difficult trigger pull but one that I have been thinking about for 3 years now. I was able to lock in an almost unheard of 20% off too, which is why I finally caved to the pressure. @M635Guy gets a lot of the credit here, he was my inspiration. Thanks buddy!

Ashland Leather Fat Herbie made with Natural Horween Shell Cordovan

EB76214D-702F-493E-B813-1843EC6EEA02.jpeg

Still by far the most I’ve ever shelled (pun intended) out for a wallet before, by many dollars

344C5EFE-A391-4D41-B7EB-83D5BE7C2079.jpeg

I’m hoping to get many decades with it and can’t wait to build some unique character

7A9071AC-C97F-4BA4-9EA2-9982C85C6D72.jpeg

As you can see it’s quite sizable compared to my former Tanner Goods Natural Bifold. Being brand new the shade is nearly identical considering the Tanner Goods wallet has over 2 years on it. I actually just sold it to someone in California today. Sad to see it go, but a minimalist only needs so many wallets.

2F75FD70-091B-4C67-AA17-CAFF77402CA2.jpeg

Presentation is everything, and this one called to mind Markers 46 Bourbon Whiskey for me. Love it!

453A04C9-7931-432E-BB0E-E0397160E4C3.jpeg

Encouragement!

Last edited:

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next month Filson will be releasing Filson-branded condoms.
I assume they will be made of tin cloth so you can rewax them.

@OtterMeanGreen too funny, also pulled the trigger on an Ashland cordovan wallet. Second guessing my purchase, but maybe Ill make up my mind when it lands.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Finally picked up a filson, albeit used. Did a quick conditioning of the leather parts with Saphir Renovateur and some cream polish and it's as good as new.

I had only done a tiny bit of research before buying this, and it was only after I bought it that I found out this was the 258 that's padded. I definitely can see this lasting a lifetime. It is a bit on the heavy side, but the extra space inside is definitely nice to have. Looking forward to using this when it's time to head back to the office.

IMG_20201130_143931.jpg

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is making you second guess yourself?
Nothing wrong with my current one and I dont know that I really need a shell wallet. Feels overly exhortation even with the heavy discounting. Anyways, if it doesnt spark joy when I get it, I can return it.

FilsonDude

Reaction score

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did a quick conditioning of the leather parts with Saphir Renovateur and some cream polish and it's as good as new.

That's a new one with Filson, how did it come out? Any chance you have a before/after picture? Filson bridle leather can sometimes be temperamental. I've had some bad luck with Bickmore Bick 4 on my Talon Era leather. We've had some interesting leather conditioner discussions on here in the past with some interesting recommendations like Huberd's Shoe Grease, Dr. Martens Wonder Balsam, etc

djdanniedee

Reaction score
The bag was almost like new to be honest, there was just some tiny wear on some parts of the leather. It's a dark brown leather, and the worn parts had faded the dark brown a bit. All I have are Saphir products that i use for shoe shine so i just used those instead of getting new specific products for this bag. I also wasn't fussy about the outcome of it as this bag will get used and will show wear over time.

The leather straps took the reno and cream polish very well and i don't see any of the worn parts anymore.

That's a new one with Filson, how did it come out? Any chance you have a before/after picture? Filson bridle leather can sometimes be temperamental. I've had some bad luck with Bickmore Bick 4 on my Talon Era leather. We've had some interesting leather conditioner discussions on here in the past with some interesting recommendations like Huberd's Shoe Grease, Dr. Martens Wonder Balsam, etc

Rubicon101

Reaction score
Are all those leather conditioners pretty good? I was considering getting the one at Filson’s website. I have an older messenger bag that the leather is pretty dry but not sure of the era since there’s no tag.
thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads