• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nevadabob

Reaction score
And my latest purchases I mentioned a couple of weeks ago...
4B4482B1-056D-4100-9AAF-1E3F6B99C863.jpeg 7401B1EC-9B94-49BB-83C2-466C0FB2AFCD.jpeg
I have no idea why the tote is marked at "only" $75. It's leather and twill, and they're individually numbered. Got me scratching my head for sure. I've never owned a Buck, but the knife seems solid. I've spent an hour or so beating up the sheath so it isn't rock hard. I've just pretty much refone all my edc, or st least how it's situated so maybe someday I'll think about posting a photo. It's amazing how much crap I carry around!

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And my latest purchases I mentioned a couple of weeks ago...
View attachment 1476054 View attachment 1476055
I have no idea why the tote is marked at "only" $75. It's leather and twill, and they're individually numbered. Got me scratching my head for sure. I've never owned a Buck, but the knife seems solid. I've spent an hour or so beating up the sheath so it isn't rock hard. I've just pretty much refone all my edc, or st least how it's situated so maybe someday I'll think about posting a photo. It's amazing how much crap I carry around!
I had one of those $75 totes for a bit, but could never quite figure out what to use it for. I wish you much better luck! Let us know what you end up doing with it.

nevadabob

Reaction score
Yeah, I think my wife's quote was, "What are you going to carry around in that...three pieces of paper?"

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone a while ago asked for some detail pictures of a Smokey patch. I finally got around to taking some. They're really well done. I have some spares if anyone is interested. View attachment 1477763 View attachment 1477764 View attachment 1477765 View attachment 1477766 View attachment 1477767 View attachment 1477768

I spy with my little eye....Obenauf's LP

Nice stitch work btw. That is my nickname amongst my friends actually (Cigars). Somewhere around here I have a 22 year old me posing next to a Wildwood, NJ Smokey the Bear with my friends oversized police hat, which is down to my eyes :lol:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't need 3 of these, but yet I have 3...I would like to sell this one, but don't do eBay, so offering it here. $125 and I'll pay shipping in the continental USA. I know this may not be the place to list it, but can't find a Filson B/S/T thread.
IMG_4970.jpeg
IMG_4971.jpeg
IMG_4972.jpeg
IMG_4973.jpeg
IMG_4974.jpeg
IMG_4975.jpeg

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, snap!! Out of nowhere. Still, LMAO!

Needs some work if you want to dethrone the Master of Surprise. Hopefully this means there is one less Filson bag I need to include in my daily searches. @Winston2 don't forget to post the pics of your new-ishly acquired dream Filson?

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

duckmaster

Reaction score
I stumbled upon this forum when I first started down a rabbit hole of building my Filson collection. There is a wealth of knowledge and information within and I am grateful that I find myself here.

My gateway drug was a pair of double tin chaps about 10 years ago and now I'm to the point where my wife thinks I may need help. Over the years I have acquired several items for hunting and now I'm working on luggage as I usually travel for work and leisure. As a lot of people, this year my travels have been reduced to the point where I'm getting cabin fever. At last I am able to take my latest acquisition, a 48 hr duffel, for a weekend trip. The 48 hr duffel fits the bill for a weekend as I am not a light packer but will leave the kitchen sink at home. On longer trips I typically carry a messenger bag for quick access items such as tech, dopp kit, a book and etc. I'm anticipating this bag to replace my old messenger and serve as my go to for quick trips. Since I first started with hunting gear I have always been partial to the oil tin cloth. I can not wait to put this bag thru the ringer so that it develops a dark patina just like my old fore mentioned chaps.

I thank everyone here for creating a gathering place for addicts like myself.

Attachments

• IMG_3789.jpg
    IMG_3789.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 51

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I stumbled upon this forum when I first started down a rabbit hole of building my Filson collection. There is a wealth of knowledge and information within and I am grateful that I find myself here.

My gateway drug was a pair of double tin chaps about 10 years ago and now I'm to the point where my wife thinks I may need help. Over the years I have acquired several items for hunting and now I'm working on luggage as I usually travel for work and leisure. As a lot of people, this year my travels have been reduced to the point where I'm getting cabin fever. At last I am able to take my latest acquisition, a 48 hr duffel, for a weekend trip. The 48 hr duffel fits the bill for a weekend as I am not a light packer but will leave the kitchen sink at home. On longer trips I typically carry a messenger bag for quick access items such as tech, dopp kit, a book and etc. I'm anticipating this bag to replace my old messenger and serve as my go to for quick trips. Since I first started with hunting gear I have always been partial to the oil tin cloth. I can not wait to put this bag thru the ringer so that it develops a dark patina just like my old fore mentioned chaps.

I love the 48 and 24 hr bags, yours looks stuffed about right!

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Welcome aboard the S.S. Filson. My first Filson was an Otter Green 24HR Tin Cloth Briefcase and I absolutely loved that bag. You might even call it one of my all time favorites. I was sad to see it go after a year of sole usage, but I wanted to see what the Talon Era had to offer and I didn't need two briefcases...long before I was a minimalist.

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last weekend was our annual fall trip up from Chicago through Wisconsin, to Red Wing Minnesota and eventually to the Minneapolis area. The leaves and landscapes were amazing this year. It’s always sort of a fun welcome to Filson wearing season trip. It’s also fun that there is a Filson outlet and store along the way. I picked up a handful of items from the outlet store though inventory was actually somewhat sparse in comparison to previous years. My favorite find from this year is a variant on the waxed work vest. This is exactly the same as my tan tin cloth just in a waxed denim. I feel like I’m becoming a denim person sort of on accident lol. This was made specifically for the Boston store and was never marketed in the catalog or online. And yes, this version was made in the USA. ?? I’m pretty excited about this piece. I also grabbed a pretty cool piece of “functional artwork” that I’ll share later. I hope you all enjoy the photos and @speedy611 no new Red Wng’s this year. No warehouse sale and I wasn’t going to pay full price when I already have more than I can wear ?.

7CF6B2F7-B88E-460D-A92B-0C0FC03A938C.jpeg

950971A7-5F72-4B3B-BEBA-6D75BB500A79.jpeg

2FEE363B-94D5-439D-BE05-A042008280FA.jpeg

CFDEE70C-F055-4497-BCAD-E87155C1B4D1.jpeg

045EACD1-95A7-4566-B3E2-3623AA925A87.jpeg

B03EE718-BF06-455E-A97A-27446F5882A9.jpeg

9852EB70-20E8-4885-868A-2E3FC9C7E07E.jpeg

nevadabob

Reaction score
Dude! That fifth picture (the second one with a waterfall in it) - I can't even tell what's going on. Is there a small pool around the base of the waterfall? Are all of those leaves to the left floating in the pool? Does the waterfall only fall to that small ledge and the rest is just a reflection? Is that D.B. Cooper warming himself by a fire just to the right of those two trees?

What is that place? It's beautiful!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads