• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
Exactly, i just thought that something like this wouldn't happen after 14 month !

I totally understand that. It’s expensive and we are used to hearing how this stuff is bombproof. So, to see one felled by those stupid little rivets? Well, it sucks!! In the end it is just fabric. Hella tough fabric but still fabric.

I haven’t done it myself yet but, were I you, I would send it in to Filson and have them repair it. I know it won’t look as pretty. It will be a different kind of pretty though. Those are marks you put on there. Embrace them. I know it can be uncomfortable to do so. It is for me at least. So, do as I say, not as I do. And, yes, I am a parent. ?

Ugh. I just saw the Euro portion of your message. My stomach aches some for you. And now I realize sending it in is no easy or inexpensive task.You can’t see it but I’m making a sour face to commiserate with you. Sorry, man.

Last edited:

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly, i just thought that something like this wouldn't happen after 14 month ! I mean it's 395,- Euro bag ! ?
I mean, its taken 14 months of constantly rubbing across your ass and the rivets of your jeans....
Adjust your strap to an appropriate length and pro tip, you can hold the shoulder strap as you walk to reduce sway and rubbing.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome! Your #70256 was built within the month of January in the year 2018.

I like how Bedrock Filson now even specifies Brass on the build tag. Missing the simplicity of yesteryear

8BEE8945-ACB3-47F6-8AB1-BA4C00C12FE1.jpeg

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I totally understand that. It’s expensive and we are used to hearing how this stuff is bombproof. So, to see one felled by those stupid little rivets? Well, it sucks!! In the end it is just fabric. Hella tough fabric but still fabric.

I haven’t done it myself yet but, were I you, I would send it in to Filson and have them repair it. I know it won’t look as pretty. It will be a different kind of pretty though. Those are marks you put on there. Embrace them. I know it can be uncomfortable to do so. It is for me at least. So, do as I say, not as I do. And, yes, I am a parent. ?

Ugh. I just saw the Euro portion of your message. My stomach aches some for you. And now I realize sending it in is no easy or inexpensive task.You can’t see it but I’m making a sour face to commiserate with you. Sorry, man.
@Scrimshander
European repairs for small things like this seem to be handled by a network of people Filson has in Europe, so it’s unlikely you’ll have to return it to the US. That was my experience, and turn around was about 2 weeks. Where are you in Europe?

@OtterMeanGreen and @Churchill W: fun fact - my father used to run Parker in the UK and EU just before and then just after the Gillette acquisition. I’ve got a Sonnet set that saw me through University, and several limited edition duofold sets. Lovely things.

Scrimshander

Reaction score
@Rymanocerous, yes i could do that, or next time i willl invest my money in a product of better quality! ??‍♂️

@speedy611 , I am from Vienna/Austria.

@A JEDI IM , the dealer said he can send the bag back to the USA.
But the bag would not be repaired but rather exchanged for a new one.
But that would take a long time at the moment, so not an option for me.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Say it isn't so Filson....Scented Candles and Fanny Packs?

At least they got the design and scent right, but not for $40

candle.PNG

This one might be even more difficult to comprehend, a fanny pack, or "Belt Bag" which is what they were referred to when I was growing up. What is this the 1980's all over again? Can't say I like the logo design either, looks kinda retro. Plus that zipper looks pretty flimsy for $80

fanny.PNG

Always brings me back to this scene from "The In-laws" remake

Last edited:

FilsonDude

Reaction score
I’ve seen candles (other brand) sold in their stores before. Also chocolates, coffee, mustard etc.

I could see a guy buying this as a gift for their wife/girlfriend. Filson trying to make some coin any way that they can

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
On another topic entirely...
View attachment 1468769

Dude! You can't just whip your hatchet/axe out like that and not tell us about it. That's called flashing and there are laws against that in civilized society. It's just cruel and not okay no matter how crisply your shirts are folded.

Seriously though, tell us about it, please. Is that handle curly maple? Spalted birch? It's beautiful. I would be afraid to use it. Did you get it for a specific use or just because it's gorgeous? Do you plan to use it? If so, how?

Inquiring minds want to know. No rush to respond, of course.

Stratkat

Reaction score
Dude! You can't just whip your hatchet/axe out like that and not tell us about it. That's called flashing and there are laws against that in civilized society. It's just cruel and not okay no matter how crisply your shirts are folded.

Seriously though, tell us about it, please. Is that handle curly maple? Spalted birch? It's beautiful. I would be afraid to use it. Did you get it for a specific use or just because it's gorgeous? Do you plan to use it? If so, how?

Inquiring minds want to know. No rush to respond, of course.
too much suspense isn't good, lol. its a Karesuando hatchet. I grew up using axes, hatchets, sledge and wedges, 2 man saws... my Father was old school, he wanted us to know how to work with our hands. we always processed firewood that way for years till I was in my 20s. I've always had a good axe & hatchet around. I haven't used this yet but use the GB for making fire starter kindling, and shop stuff. I love really well made tools, the handle on the K is nicely figured birch, its a common wood in Sweden.

fullsizeoutput_22e0.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_22df.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_22e1.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads