• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So all of these flasks and nobody is posting what they will be filled with, come on men let's hear it?

singjai

Reaction score
Really didn't need it..... But in 4 1.. I think it was OOS yesterday but looks like it's back.

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
Really didn't need it..... But in 4 1.. I think it was OOS yesterday but looks like it's back.

It was out of stock this afternoon.

I totally understand Fueco’s comments on these. I do. Yet, there is something that draws me to them. They have cachet.

Let us know your thoughts when you get it.

linablair

Reaction score
Not trying to break up the flask convo... I recently took a trip to the Upper Peninsula to get out, do some fishing, see old friends, etc. I took the compartment bag to hold cameras, lenses, etc. I hadn't used it for that purpose yet. While it was a bulky to hike with, it was great to have in the front seat in the truck for quick stops/photo opps. It also made switching lenses or cameras super convenient while carrying it. I just had to take a glamour shot...

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 51

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
just want to confirm: this stamp basically means that this product (computer sleeve) was constructed by FRD and not by the main production people?

View attachment 1458459

All, this post got lost in the flask discussion yesterday. I don't know the answer, FilsonDude. I have one of these (not that I have used it in six months because I no longer go anywhere, I digress). I see nothing special about the construction that would require the hand of an "artist" as opposed to a leather seamstress/sewer.

Disclaimers: It is a special piece simply because it is simple and beautiful leather. The line between sewer and artist at Filson is likely not so absolute. I'm sure they are all artists in many ways, some more than others.

Just my guess here, .... I expect whomever has the skills sewing leather are the people doing it and the embossing is just a stamp, no real magic involved. I don't think the stamp signifies as much as we would like it to.

FilsonDude

Reaction score
All, this post got lost in the flask discussion yesterday. I don't know the answer, FilsonDude. I have one of these (not that I have used it in six months because I no longer go anywhere, I digress). I see nothing special about the construction that would require the hand of an "artist" as opposed to a leather seamstress/sewer.

Disclaimers: It is a special piece simply because it is simple and beautiful leather. The line between sewer and artist at Filson is likely not so absolute. I'm sure they are all artists in many ways, some more than others.

Just my guess here, .... I expect whomever has the skills sewing leather are the people doing it and the embossing is just a stamp, no real magic involved. I don't think the stamp signifies as much as we would like it to.

I thought maybe they’d be small side projects during their downtime. When they don’t have any bags to rebuild or they want to switch it up.

Was thinking it also applied to products with the Workshop stamp

FilsonDude

Reaction score

Agreed, just a simple sleeve but the leather is awesome.
Picked it up cheap preowned. It’s way too big for my iPad mini though - time to get a bigger tablet?

WJR

Reaction score
Agreed, just a simple sleeve but the leather is awesome.
Picked it up cheap preowned. It’s way too big for my iPad mini though - time to get a bigger tablet?

What would you recommend to treat the leather on the computer sleeves? I picked up a used one recently and it needs some "refreshing" on some spots.

WJR

Reaction score
I have really enjoyed getting to know more about Filson and its history from reading through this thread.

I have a question that may have been asked already, but I could not find anything on it.

The small duffle was numbered 70220. The original medium duffle was 70222. Large was 70223. Extra Large was 70224.

Did Filson ever make a 221/70221? If not, would that have been a better choice for the small, carry on size medium duffle, than 70325 and fit in the numbering scheme since it would be between the 70220 and 70222 in size?

seven20

Reaction score
I have really enjoyed getting to know more about Filson and its history from reading through this thread.

I have a question that may have been asked already, but I could not find anything on it.

The small duffle was numbered 70220. The original medium duffle was 70222. Large was 70223. Extra Large was 70224.

Did Filson ever make a 221/70221? If not, would that have been a better choice for the small, carry on size medium duffle, than 70325 and fit in the numbering scheme since it would be between the 70220 and 70222 in size?
To add to this, they could have kept the 70222 in the line up with them as I still feel it has a solid place in my collection of duffles

Winston2

Reaction score
To add to this, they could have kept the 70222 in the line up with them as I still feel it has a solid place in my collection of duffles
What do you all think about the 223 large duffle? Good for longer trips if not quite filed to capacity so that it’s not too heavy? Other? I’m considering one for longer car trips where I won’t have to carry long distances. not carry through airport, etc. Thanks for your thoughts.

seven20

Reaction score
What do you all think about the 223 large duffle? Good for longer trips if not quite filed to capacity so that it’s not too heavy? Other? I’m considering one for longer car trips where I won’t have to carry long distances. not carry through airport, etc. Thanks for your thoughts.
I don’t have a strong opinion as I have 2 smalls, a 222 medium and a 70325 carry on medium. The 222 is more than I need usually, and my FiL has a large and it is just huge to me. That said, I’ll probably get one at some point as it would be nice for camping gear and throw in the bed of the truck.

Stratkat

Reaction score
I have never wanted for more than the med, I cannot imagine lugging a lg around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads