• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
That silly little sleeve adds a whole lot of cost without adding any function. To be honest, I often remove the sleeve when in use because it slides easier into the side pocket of my 261 without it. I agree though, it looks awesome and I’m certainly not looking to part with it, but for $80, you got a definite steal.

Funny. Just after my last post, I slipped it into the side pocket of one of my 261s. Works great there. And, now I have 1st hand confirmation from you too.

Stratkat

Reaction score
Funny. Just after my last post, I slipped it into the side pocket of one of my 261s. Works great there. And, now I have 1st hand confirmation from you too.
Fits the side pockets of the med field bag too.
4C0A7276-EDF0-4AA4-827C-324021496D88.jpeg

McRiz

Reaction score
Jacob Bromwell had a huge 4th of July sale and was selling some of their flasks for about $100. I debated between the Vermonter and the Legacy flasks, but ultimately chose the Legacy (below). The Vermonter at $80 is a steal and looks simple, elegant and great!

Attachments

• 20200914_183855.jpg
    20200914_183855.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 34

FilsonDude

Reaction score
just want to confirm: this stamp basically means that this product (computer sleeve) was constructed by FRD and not by the main production people?

53989F07-F7C3-47F2-A011-F4BAACE7948C.jpeg

Stratkat

Reaction score
Fits perfectly into the side pockets of the med field bag too.

I never seem to know what to put there. Problem solved!
The bag sits on my front seat when I’m alone, so I stuff my phone in it.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacob Bromwell had a huge 4th of July sale and was selling some of their flasks for about $100. I debated between the Vermonter and the Legacy flasks, but ultimately chose the Legacy (below). The Vermonter at $80 is a steal and looks simple, elegant and great!

That flask looks like it was used as target practice with a .22LR..........I like it. :fonz: Nice grab!! I still like mine though, not because it's a Filson x Stanley Collab, but because it was completely free. For those of you that remember, I had a very negative experience with Filson's fulfillment dept. last December and they rectified it with a $50 gift certificate.

WJR

Reaction score
Stratkat,

Please check your conversations when you get a minute. Sent a question to you sir.

Thank you.

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
That flask looks like it was used as target practice with a .22LR..........I like it. :fonz: Nice grab!! I still like mine though, not because it's a Filson x Stanley Collab, but because it was completely free. For those of you that remember, I had a very negative experience with Filson's fulfillment dept. last December and they rectified it with a $50 gift certificate.

By the time I decided I really liked yours, OMG, they were sold out everywhere. Like you, I prefer it over the current offering. I do have the plain black Stanley. Solid piece of kit, that.

McRiz

Reaction score
Don't make me feel bad. At the time, I really struggled between the two flasks because they were, essentially, the same price. Ultimately, I got the Legacy flask because the (fake) retail price was greater. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Legacy and do not at all regret my purchase, but I really admire the simplicity of the Vermonter. At $80, it is an absolute no-brainer.

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
image.jpg

The corked one is the American Classic, I believe. It came with the gift box, bag and a regular cork as a second cork. Last week, after I purchased the Sierra deal, I found the American Classic on eBay for a good price. Then, as luck would have it, I remembered I had a $25 eBay coupon that was expiring in a couple of days. I had no other use for it. So, viola!

I’m going to use the corked one mostly as decoration, I think. There will always be a special occasion to use it though, I am sure.

I really love that hammered one, BTW.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't make me feel bad. At the time, I really struggled between the two flasks because they were, essentially, the same price. Ultimately, I got the Legacy flask because the (fake) retail price was greater. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Legacy and do not at all regret my purchase, but I really admire the simplicity of the Vermonter. At $80, it is an absolute no-brainer.

Dare to be different, I meant it as a compliment. If I had a choice, I'd probably be more inclined to go with yours.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads