• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FilsonDude

Reaction score
image.jpg

I have money for neither

NamelessStream

Reaction score
Not to try and detract from the latent current love for the Filson Travel Tray but I was always more akin to what Red Oxx (made in Montana) offered in collapsible travel trays. Albeit, they are not as elegant, but you can fit much more into them

That is a decent size. Thanks for posting!

WJR

Reaction score
I had ordered a pair of these last week from the clearance outlet in Seattle, but the sales agent emailed me yesterday to say my order had been cancelled because they're no longer shipping to Canada.
Luckily, I've got one in black from the Eagan MN outlet. Highly recommended, in any colour, if you can still find them.

I talked to the Seattle outlet on a different matter earlier today and they indicated they still had some orange and tan travel trays in stock.

Also I noticed in the spirit of capitalism that someone on eBay must have purchased a number of black travel trays and is now reselling them.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Visiting my parents this weekend. Got to use my GORUCK GR2 34L in Coyote Tan. Man I am absolutely in love with this bag. The touch and zipper quality of it is very inspiring, plus that Morale Patch always makes me smile

1AA924A1-8F00-4545-A600-76625493B7BB.jpeg

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks great. Is it time to change your username from OMG to WileECoyoteTan? (j/k)

Good one. The color is actually Coyote Brown but I call it Tan. Although technically it is, considering Tan is in the Brown family tree. Actually i call it “Filson Tan”

seven20

Reaction score
Good one. The color is actually Coyote Brown but I call it Tan. Although technically it is, considering Tan is in the Brown family tree. Actually i call it “Filson Tan”
Are the Go Ruck bags 1000D Cordura?

edit:found the answer. I was surprised the GR2 isn’t USA made. I thought that was a GORUCK thing. Still an awesome bag, doesn’t take away from it IMO

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the Go Ruck bags 1000D Cordura?

edit:found the answer. I was surprised the GR2 isn’t USA made. I thought that was a GORUCK thing. Still an awesome bag, doesn’t take away from it IMO

Most of the GR2 line is actually Made in USA along with the Special Editions. The GR1 has been made in Vietnam for several years now, but unlike most companies (including Filson unfortunately), GORUCK passed the savings onto the consumers with a 25% price drop.

8D4E161E-4549-42D0-A9B5-FCD5C6B88363.jpeg

seven20

Reaction score
Most of the GR2 line is actually Made in USA along with the Special Editions. The GR1 has been made in Vietnam for several years now, but unlike most companies (including Filson unfortunately), GORUCK passed the savings onto the consumers with a 25% price drop.

View attachment 1450427
Ah, that’s pretty cool. When I checked out their site it said no for Made in USA. Looking again it appears they have both options, USA made and non.
I find they interesting, but you are correct as the USA made is $50 more than the non-USA made.
I don’t know if you could argue Filson (and others) do not pass any savings and GORUCK does. The 1000D made Dryden is $225 vs the GORUCK GR2 at $325. The size makes a small difference but not much. If anything goruck saves much more than $50 per bag moving overseas. Yes it’s cheaper, but they’re only passing a small amount for the marketing illusion of ‘passing the savings on’

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, that’s pretty cool. When I checked out their site it said no for Made in USA. Looking again it appears they have both options, USA made and non.
I find they interesting, but you are correct as the USA made is $50 more than the non-USA made.
I don’t know if you could argue Filson (and others) do not pass any savings and GORUCK does. The 1000D made Dryden is $225 vs the GORUCK GR2 at $325. The size makes a small difference but not much. If anything goruck saves much more than $50 per bag moving overseas. Yes it’s cheaper, but they’re only passing a small amount for the marketing illusion of ‘passing the savings on’

My point was that to my knowledge Filson has never implemented a price drop for any of there products, even after the shift of overseas production for certain product lines. They have only increased prices, some dramatically. Take the revised Sportsman as an example. On paper the dimensions are smaller, which means less Rugged Twill, less thread for stitching & less Brass (zippers). You would think at the very least it would be the same price as the larger discontinued model, however it’s about $150 more then the price it was when discontinued.

Maybe with all of their store closures, depleting internet sales figures we can see some relaxation in the form of price decreases. That would be a first I think. Or then again, it could go the other direction and we might see some increases considering how much they’ve grown in recent years.

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome new Filson collaboration.

5157ED06-43C6-408C-9973-24919FE5E5A2.jpeg

Loving that logo tag...a nod to the simpler timers when less was more

62585A91-F08E-4D5D-A69A-107AD0A6434B.jpeg

Reactions: WJR

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1450427
Umm last time I checked the nylon stuff from Filson that is made overseas is close to half of the cost of the domestic twill stuff...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads