• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

seven20

Reaction score
No. You would be second in line. I’d buy either the 24 hour OR the 48 hour in twill the moment they came out.
So there are dozens of us? DOZENS! Filson needs to be listening. If the pockets are the problem I would even half consider a tin cloth pocket on a twill bag ala Journeyman

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So there are dozens of us? DOZENS! Filson needs to be listening. If the pockets are the problem I would even half consider a tin cloth pocket on a twill bag ala Journeyman
Dozens might work with a shoe company (Alden/Rancourt/AE) but somehow I don't think dozens carries any weight with Filson/Bedrock. Maybe hundreds.....

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty sure they already are or have had some form of representation on here, maybe not as we originally thought (a mole), but it’s too convenient seeing some of their marketing campaigns that align with previous discussions on here. After all we are the longest running Filson discussion on the Internet. If we keep vocal about it who knows what could happen

thewinedown

Reaction score
Pretty sure they already are or have had some form of representation on here, maybe not as we originally thought (a mole), but it’s too convenient seeing some of their marketing campaigns that align with previous discussions on here. After all we are the longest running Filson discussion on the Internet. If we keep vocal about it who knows what could happen
Second this. LISTEN UP FILSON! 48 hour! Twill! OG, Tan, or navy! You’ve got multiple takers right here! Discounts appreciated ?

thewinedown

Reaction score
My fear is if they ever did actually do a limited run it would sell at a crazy $800 or something and I wouldn’t be able to justify one
Agreed. The price for tin without a leather shoulder strap is already ridiculous. A twill one-off would be for the one percenters.

CCF1897

Reaction score
Lol I remember the Mole! Those were fun times. Not that these are not, but that was entertainment!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have fantasies of an ‘SF Crew’ twill 48 hour duffle. At one point we did a count of how many people we could get in on it and then realized in order for Filson to entertain such an order it would need to be way more than we could come up with. To double down on the no, we also heard from one member that they have tried multiple times to make these in twill and the front pockets are too difficult even for their machines to sew the thick twill. Sigh. Maybe some day... that would be the perfect bag.
Hmmm... maybe not completely undoable. What numbers are we looking at?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever consider a Large or XL Duffel?

325? You're referring to the new Medium revised duffel I'm guessing. I realize it's semi-semantics but to avoid confusion to anyone not in the know; The Talon/YKK/ and early Filson YKK (before Bedrock) used 3 digit nomenclature. When Bedrock took the reigns they changed the Build Numbers to reflect the switch, adding a "70" before each current production, and any new design/redesign. Sorry kind of a nerd with numbers.

BTW wanted to share this incredible store with everyone here. Wish I had something like this nearby. It appears to be just as much of a museum then a store

I have a few XL and L duffels for traveling, and for carrying things like my scooter (nothing motorized). Gets opened by TSA every single time.

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second this. LISTEN UP FILSON! 48 hour! Twill! OG, Tan, or navy! You’ve got multiple takers right here! Discounts appreciated ?
Here's what we need to do. Have a meetup in their flagship store (hopefully it's not in the CHAZ zone or whatever!). We'll each volunteer to do the manual sewing necessary - we'll all do it pro bono - so it's basically free labor. And we'll make a bunch of 48 hour bags in twill.

Of course, it might take 48 hours of sewing PER bag, but details, details.

I'll bring a bottle of whiskey.

Who's in?

seven20

Reaction score
Here's what we need to do. Have a meetup in their flagship store (hopefully it's not in the CHAZ zone or whatever!). We'll each volunteer to do the manual sewing necessary - we'll all do it pro bono - so it's basically free labor. And we'll make a bunch of 48 hour bags in twill.

Of course, it might take 48 hours of sewing PER bag, but details, details.

I'll bring a bottle of whiskey.

Who's in?
I’m in. I’ve never made a bag, but I’m fairly mastered with commercial sewing for upholstery so maybe I can knock the 48 hours down to...46 hours..? We can do this! Whiskey will make it faster too, plus each bag will be one of a kind sizes and features the more whiskey consumed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads