• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dano2875

Reaction score
The lounge that I’m a member of is also a cigar store. I pay a yearly fee for a private locker in the humidor that I can keep cigars in. Some people keep liquor bottles in their locker too. Both purchases from them and other sources. In our state, they can’t sell liquor, but in most places they have some sort of bar. Ours has nice furniture and tables to work at and multiple TVs for sports and what not.
What state are you in?

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice car!! How does a cigar lounge work as a business sounds interesting.

Our lounge is also a cigar store as well with a really well stocked humidor. It’s in a City environment so not as much space as @DuckMan_11 has with his, or lockers for that matter. However the regulars are allowed to store their own private cigar boxes in the humidor for no charge. We have supple English leather chairs and several TVs, plus a full kitchen. No bottling fees and there’s only a minimum of one cigar purchase to enjoy the amenities.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New purchase for me, one of 4 new items in my life, felt like Christmas morning. I’ve been eyeing one of these for at least a year and finally pulled the trigger. Most I ever paid for a flashlight before ($70), hence why it took me so long to take the leap. My current daily carry (a keychain light), which I depend on every night, died on me, so what better time. It’s from one of the most reputable brands in the EDC flashlight community. Unfortunately it’s not MiUSA, as nothing really appealed to me in my search.

Olight S1R Baton II. It features an alluminum alloy body with 7 modes including a Turbo mode which goes all the way up to 1000 Lumens!!! Not bad for weighing only 1.8 ounces.

View attachment 1443363

It has a magnetic back that can connect to it’s charger or anything metal you want to stick it to. It has a very sturdy belt clip that can also be attached to the brim of a hat. Check out that illumination.

View attachment 1443364

Specifications

View attachment 1443365
Also non Filson related, but I have too many flashlights. For pure power, it’s hard to beat the Surefire Titan Plus, and I have a larger sizes for the bush, but I prefer nicer looking ones on a lanyard or if a clicky, with a clip. I’ll play around with some Reylights, Maracas, and Prometheus Beta CRv2s, all in various materials and finishes, which I sometimes use as gifts as well. Just scored a Prometheus Beta CRv2 Titanium in yesterday’s drop and am excited to get that.

Some Olights are great, like that one and the copper edition. Unless you are or are chasing Batman, no one needs 1000 lumens, but it sure is fun to play with.

NamelessStream

Reaction score
The lounge that I’m a member of is also a cigar store. I pay a yearly fee for a private locker in the humidor that I can keep cigars in. Some people keep liquor bottles in their locker too. Both purchases from them and other sources. In our state, they can’t sell liquor, but in most places they have some sort of bar. Ours has nice furniture and tables to work at and multiple TVs for sports and what not.
Twenty years ago, when I was still in the newspaper business and smoking in restaurants and bars was still legal here in eastern Canada, editors getting off the night shift would congregate over steak and whiskey at a cigar bar called Churchill's. The Opinon section had its own table, and we were pretty opinionated!
Good smoke, good food and drink, great friends and good times. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

seven20

Reaction score
I received my 257 back from Filson today. It was exactly as I expected it to be as far as the repairs go. One hole in the back repaired and two corners that had worn through. All in all great experience all around.

Attachments

• 5964D8B5-AF3A-4582-8A2D-21C8B0E3870D.jpeg
    5964D8B5-AF3A-4582-8A2D-21C8B0E3870D.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 55
  • 39C57AA1-3C6F-409A-A64F-46136F6C25A5.jpeg
    39C57AA1-3C6F-409A-A64F-46136F6C25A5.jpeg
    272 KB · Views: 51
  • F17045AE-26BB-4E51-A8A8-708BD2906F39.jpeg
    F17045AE-26BB-4E51-A8A8-708BD2906F39.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 56
  • BF55FE04-E0E4-4C4B-889E-BB34FA6C358E.jpeg
    BF55FE04-E0E4-4C4B-889E-BB34FA6C358E.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 52EE4894-018B-401C-9F8F-2857E5FC8030.jpeg
    52EE4894-018B-401C-9F8F-2857E5FC8030.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 77

Dano2875

Reaction score
Anybody own a cinder colour bag? Just received mine a medium duffle it looks more dark grey then brown I notice that photos show either brown or grey some say it has purple hues what’s your opinions?

obi2

Reaction score
I received my 257 back from Filson today. It was exactly as I expected it to be as far as the repairs go. One hole in the back repaired and two corners that had worn through. All in all great experience all around.
First post - been lurking - who did you contact at Filson as I have a padded 258 that needs some repair or did you use the repair form?

thewinedown

Reaction score
Anybody own a cinder colour bag? Just received mine a medium duffle it looks more dark grey then brown I notice that photos show either brown or grey some say it has purple hues what’s your opinions?
Yes I do. I’d say somewhere in the middle. Medium/steel grey.

seven20

Reaction score
First post - been lurking - who did you contact at Filson as I have a padded 258 that needs some repair or did you use the repair form?
I used the the repair form.
They sent an email with my RA number, a packing list and a label. I was communicated with when it arrived and when it was coming back. It was so quick that I did ask customer service via the chat if there were any issues and she was able to look and tell it was completed. UPS was late because UPS is UPS but that’s out of Filson’s control.
It was very easy and completely worth it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads