• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have 2 interior pockets one on each side, full length, in addition to the end pockets and 2 zippered on each side

I had feeling you might be chiming in to that one particular post out of the many that I have posted today. Probably should've specified further what I meant by interior organization. I was not referring to the bag as a whole, but namely the top compartment.

STB/MTB/LTB

5E2AFE56-F9E5-48EF-8C40-5D59AD03CBA7.jpeg

MOB/LOB/XLOB

One Giant Hole with no organization

Outfitter 1.jpg

singjai

Reaction score
I had feeling you might be chiming in to that one particular post out of the many that I have posted today. Probably should've specified further what I meant by interior organization. I was not referring to the bag as a whole, but namely the top compartment.

STB/MTB/LTB

View attachment 1439657

MOB/LOB/XLOB

One Giant Hole with no organization

View attachment 1439658
Hm, where did you find the picture of the second bag? Strat's right here, the outfitter has two pockets in the main interior, similar to the first pic of the green travel bag. I think Strat (239 XL) and I (238 large) both have talon era outfitters, perhaps the interior pockets were removed post-talon?

IMG_8674.jpg

Stratkat

Reaction score
Hm, where did you find the picture of the second bag? Strat's right here, the outfitter has two pockets in the main interior, similar to the first pick of the green travel bag. I think Strat and I both have talon era outfitters, perhaps the interior pockets were removed post-talon?

View attachment 1439662
Exactly, thank you

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm, where did you find the picture of the second bag? Strat's right here, the outfitter has two pockets in the main interior, similar to the first pic of the green travel bag. I think Strat (239 XL) and I (238 large) both have talon era outfitters, perhaps the interior pockets were removed post-talon?

View attachment 1439662

Otter Green Talon First Edition Outfitter. Open layout main pocket with no organization

nevadabob

Reaction score
For those mornings when you have to work while at tennis lessons for the kid

Guys! The twill/tweed collection just doens't get enough love. These were really really nice bags and a great collaboration. I sometimes find myself thinking that I wish I'd have pulled the trigger on the black one. B5056E3E-E8C8-4335-96C3-9BAEBB5CE3A9.jpeg

reposting seven20's sweet bag.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow that's interesting lol. Guess they included it in some years and not in others.. If you're really into the hunt, I'd recommend it. It's a very well built bag!

I had considered the LOB for awhile, but I don't really have much of a use for the bottom compartment, and when fully stuffed (both compartments) I imagine it would carry pretty awkward in the land of plane and roller bag. The best thing about the LTB that I like is that you can underpack it and it carries much like a MTB. It would be nice to have the extra space when travelling once again, but mainly it will be used as a trunk organizer and GoBag for this thing

5536BEDA-E326-472B-BC65-733B045D7029.jpeg

Last edited:

Stratkat

Reaction score
In my research, when I was originally looking for an Outfitter Bag (namely the LOB), I discovered that the XL Outfitter has a bigger bottom compartment then the LOB, but the Large has a bigger top section. Since I would be using the top compartment more then the bottom, the decision was easy for me. However with the LTB, I have interior organization, which all Outfitter Bags lack altogether.
They have 2 interior pockets one on each side, full length, in addition to the end pockets and 2 zippered on each side
I had considered the LOB for awhile, but I don't really have much of a use for the bottom compartment, and when fully stuffed (both compartments) I imagine it would carry pretty awkward in the land of plane and roller bag. The best thing about the LTB that I like is that you can underpack it and it carries much like a MTB. It would be nice to have the extra space when travelling once again, but mainly it will be used as a trunk organizer and GoBag for this thing

View attachment 1439678
think you might be a bit confused there otter, or I am. From what I can tell, there were 2 versions of the outfitter the first version which has the interior pockets, offered in 3 diff sizes, ( I have 2, one with talon zippers, the second with Filson branded YKKs, otherwise both are identical with 2 interior pockets), and the second version was a reissue of sorts with an asymmetrical zipper & storm flap, it had me internal elasticized snap straps similar to a Pullman. I don’t think it had the snap dividers on the bottom compartment either...

seven20

Reaction score
Guys! The twill/tweed collection just doens't get enough love. These were really really nice bags and a great collaboration. I sometimes find myself thinking that I wish I'd have pulled the trigger on the black one. View attachment 1439677

reposting seven20's sweet bag.
Thanks! I couldn’t agree more, I’m beyond happy to have found this one new. For me this is the one bag I’ve wanted for years and the search was fruitful

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

think you might be a bit confused there otter, or I am. From what I can tell, there were 2 versions of the outfitter the first version which has the interior pockets, offered in 3 diff sizes, ( I have 2, one with talon zippers, the second with Filson branded YKKs, otherwise both are identical with 2 interior pockets), and the second version was a reissue of sorts with an asymmetrical zipper & storm flap, it had me internal elasticized snap straps similar to a Pullman. I don’t think it had the snap dividers on the bottom compartment either...

I included two pictures as evidence to my claims. One was a Talon Era and the other a YKK Era. Both feature open pocket layouts. I am not confused here. The only thing that confuses me is why Filson would feature two different layouts. The video I included was the original owner of the Talon Era XLOB. He has posted videos of his collection many times, mostly all Talon Era stuff. I believe he also as a Rucksack, a Pullman and a #266

Stratkat

Reaction score
I included two pictures as evidence to my claims. One was a Talon Era and the other a YKK Era. Both feature open pocket layouts. I am not confused here. The only thing that confuses me is why Filson would feature two different layouts. The video I included was the original owner of the Talon Era XLOB. He has posted videos of his collection many times, all Talon Era.
Here is my Talon outfitter (still reeks by the way!!)
466907DF-D2C5-41D9-8542-175F4BE49427.jpeg
1BFAD0E8-F41F-489B-B09D-09A4EAA0BA4F.jpeg

Last edited:

Dad Shoes

Reaction score

Whoa, never seen that one before--nice find. So this one and the re-done Large Twill Carry-On look like scaled-back versions of the originals. Lacking the details of the originals like the longer carry straps, the Filson-stamped pull tabs, and the unique one-side-detachable leather strap guides that the original Outfitter has (no other bag has that, right? cool novelty). Not knocking anyone that has them; everyone has different preferences in their bags. Just an observation about the evolution of the bags.

Stratkat

Reaction score
Whoa, never seen that one before--nice find. So this one and the re-done Large Twill Carry-On look like scaled-back versions of the originals. Lacking the details of the originals like the longer carry straps, the Filson-stamped pull tabs, and the unique one-side-detachable leather strap guides that the original Outfitter has (no other bag has that, right? cool novelty). Not knocking anyone that has them; everyone has different preferences in their bags. Just an observation about the evolution of the bags.
yes, must have only been released for a short period, odd little guy.

Stratkat

Reaction score
... seems to have been designed more for the business traveler, gave them an opportunity to carry shoes separate from clothing, whereas the older version was more for a hunter/outdoorsman.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads