• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

seven20

Reaction score
Finally got around to taking a few pics of new purchases.
The medium duffle with my tweed and twill briefcase. Very happy with this purchase and can’t believe that I snagged it. I’ve wanted a 325 for a while for travel since it is still carry one and I’ll be taking weekly trips for my job when we go back to traveling. I’ve used my small duffle for years and it can be too tight.
Build date is 1018 so Bloomingdale’s must not sell a lot of filson, or they ordered it a lot. It’s still the white tag though I’m not sure if black tags are only on darker colors.

As for the travel trays, we’ve seen much better pics but I’ve got to cover the pics or it didn’t happen aspect. Tag shows build date on these of 1216

Attachments

• 0D07F297-08EA-4C62-B3EA-4DA55B560E58.jpeg
    0D07F297-08EA-4C62-B3EA-4DA55B560E58.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 73A380E1-E99C-4455-BAAB-6253C2CDDDA6.jpeg
    73A380E1-E99C-4455-BAAB-6253C2CDDDA6.jpeg
    256.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 55E35B1A-B4A6-43FF-84EB-869167A4178E.jpeg
    55E35B1A-B4A6-43FF-84EB-869167A4178E.jpeg
    402.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 5330EC26-2DA5-4E5C-85AF-7881E5830F16.jpeg
    5330EC26-2DA5-4E5C-85AF-7881E5830F16.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 41

thewinedown

Reaction score
The medium duffle with my tweed and twill briefcase. Very happy with this purchase and can’t believe that I snagged it. I’ve wanted a 325 for a while for travel since it is still carry one and I’ll be taking weekly trips for my job when we go back to traveling. I’ve used my small duffle for years and it can be too tight.
Build date is 1018 so Bloomingdale’s must not sell a lot of filson, or they ordered it a lot. It’s still the white tag though I’m not sure if black tags are only on darker colors.

As for the travel trays, we’ve seen much better pics but I’ve got to cover the pics or it didn’t happen aspect. Tag shows build date on these of 1216
Nice stuff. The 256 I got during the same sale has a May 2018 build date, so the Filson stuff must have sat with them for a year+. Still envious you snagged that medium duffle!

seven20

Reaction score
Nice stuff. The 256 I got during the same sale has a May 2018 build date, so the Filson stuff must have sat with them for a year+. Still envious you snagged that medium duffle!
What color 256 did you get? The prices were incredible with that extra half off.
I was always uninterested in the 256 bc I used to fill my 257 pretty heavy. Now that I have a version of the 256 and have been using it daily (257 is in repair shop) I feel it’s the better daily option for me most of the time. I love my 257 and will still use it, especially for travel, but for daily use the 256 is just a great size.

thewinedown

Reaction score
What color 256 did you get? The prices were incredible with that extra half off.
I was always uninterested in the 256 bc I used to fill my 257 pretty heavy. Now that I have a version of the 256 and have been using it daily (257 is in repair shop) I feel it’s the better daily option for me most of the time. I love my 257 and will still use it, especially for travel, but for daily use the 256 is just a great size.
Tan. They were actually already sold out of all colors, but I kept refreshing for about 20min in hopes that one would drop out of someone's cart. Sure enough, one did. I was hemming and hawing over tan or OG for a while, and fate took over the decision for me. I checked back a few times after the purchase out of curiosity but nothing else popped up, and then it was removed from the site entirely.

Interestingly, your duffle was never on the site originally and then a day or so later it was there for you. Maybe they had a return and reposted it?

Last edited:

WJR

Reaction score

seven20, will you post about your repair shop experience once you get the 257 back? My new to me 257 has a few small issues that I may want to go ahead and address before they become bigger issues. Thank you.

CCF1897

Reaction score

The leather on the medium duffle looks great!! That should break in real nice.

seven20

Reaction score
seven20, will you post about your repair shop experience once you get the 257 back? My new to me 257 has a few small issues that I may want to go ahead and address before they become bigger issues. Thank you.
Absolutely! I’m a bit anxious about the process as that bag was my first filson bag and was my daily bag from Dec 2015 until quarantine. I’ve got a sentimental attachment to it, so hopefully this is a smooth transition.

what issues does your bag have?

seven20

Reaction score
Tan. They were actually already sold out of all colors, but I kept refreshing for about 20min in hopes that one would drop out of someone's cart. Sure enough, one did. I was hemming and hawing over tan or OG for a while, and fate took over the decision for me. I checked back a few times after the purchase out of curiosity but nothing else popped up, and then it was removed from the site entirely.

Interestingly, your duffle was never on the site originally and then a day or so later it was there for you. Maybe they had a return and reposted it?
When I looked after seeing your initial post there was no filson, looked at 2am or so and the duffle was there so I snagged it. Lucky timing I guess.

WJR

Reaction score
what issues does your bag have?

Thank you. The top stitching at the side/seam has come apart on one of the outside pockets and I have a tear on the bottom that is small but went through both layers of twill.

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
Nice adds to the stable, seven20.

Some time ago I started a discussion on the Pullmans vs the Large Carry-On Bag (#242). Several of you were kind enough to weigh in with some really great information and I appreciate that so much. After that discussion, I resolved to get a Small Pullman whenever I found a great deal on it and I would seriously consider getting a 242 if the price and condition were right. Although the bags overlap in use almost fully, I just liked them both. Well, a couple months later, I stumbled upon a very good deal on the Small Pullman so I picked it up in Otter Green. I hadn’t looked too hard for the 242 because I figured it would be a much more difficult hunt. Recently, I got lucky and I found one that was very inexpensive on eBay. It showed up yesterday and I’m very, very pleased with the condition. It's a September 2011 build that is in nearly perfect condition. The leather feels great and the straps are very flexible. A little light brown is starting to show through the straps. It is not a Talon bag but I’m really looking forward to watching this one age with me. Well, you know, once I can travel with it.

Without further ado, I present my new to me 242:

4EE49AD0-F5B2-4CA4-B5E4-DB7FFE96AA13.jpeg

5758362B-8BA3-4EC2-9FCE-2737D55B6985.jpeg

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have them both actually, had the heritage for several years and grabbed the utility specifically for the truck. The utility proved too small for what I wanted to use it for (I find found a outfitter that fit the bill) so it sits on my desk. They are both great bags but I just prefer the heritage, grab it all the time, I love the end pocket design, find them quite handy!
View attachment 1435559 View attachment 1435560
Is the Strat Seafoam?

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice adds to the stable, seven20.

Some time ago I started a discussion on the Pullmans vs the Large Carry-On Bag (#242). Several of you were kind enough to weigh in with some really great information and I appreciate that so much. After that discussion, I resolved to get a Small Pullman whenever I found a great deal on it and I would seriously consider getting a 242 if the price and condition were right. Although the bags overlap in use almost fully, I just liked them both. Well, a couple months later, I stumbled upon a very good deal on the Small Pullman so I picked it up in Otter Green. I hadn’t looked too hard for the 242 because I figured it would be a much more difficult hunt. Recently, I got lucky and I found one and it was very inexpensive on eBay. It showed up yesterday and I’m very, very pleased with the condition. Its a September 2011 build that is in nearly perfect condition. The leather feels great and the straps are very flexible. A little light brown is starting to show through the straps. It is not a Talon bag but I’m really looking forward to watching this one age with me. Well, you know, once I can travel with it.

Without further ado, I present my new to me 242:

View attachment 1437611
View attachment 1437612
Lovely. I think the 242 is much under appreciated. Classic looks and lots of space. I find with mine you do have to close the straps before moving with the top handle or it all flops around. It’s a very minor issue.
54104020-2C80-417B-934D-BD4C61B852E9.jpeg

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
Lovely. I think the 242 is much under appreciated. Classic looks and lots of space. I find with mine you do have to close the straps before moving with the top handle or it all flops around. It’s a very minor issue.
View attachment 1437616
I love this picture. I agree with the classic looks comment. Now that I'm looking at your picture, I might need a OG Rucksack. Hmmm.... :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads