• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spending the weekend in the woods. Tying flies at the moment. I use the compartment bag for fly tying materials and tools. Cheers, all!

Great use of your #70264. I'm intending on using mine for a Range Bag, since I no longer use it for a cigar/whiskey bag, as the #260 fills that need much better.

Is that a Hammock Tent I see in the background?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That handle looks like it would be supremely uncomfortable.

Sebenza, I have always wanted one. They are also so plain, but the want it real.
I have one of the now apparently very hard to find Senbenza 31s, as does my wife. They are nice. I have to say that they are not my favorite knives. They do have a great lockup, and they are least.... douchey... lol of knife companies,. There is very little to really criticize about the knives, other than that it is impossible to find titanium backspacers for them, which would be nice, since the blade is very close to the spine, and can easily cut say, a thin cardholder, a leather key chain, etc..., but that is not the company's fault. That said, I find find the grind so deep that the blades feel a bit unsturdy for anything other than light use, and it very rarely makes it into my pocket.

The handle on the Winkler Crusher is incredibly comfortable. Not only does it gives you much better purchase on the knife, which is super useful for actual field knives, that might wet, might be blood, etc... Also, he first two fingers fit perfectly in the grooves, and if you have been using it to cut kindling or similar work, your hand can get tired, and hotspots turn up. This knife, you just switch your grip a bit, and bam, brand new grip. It's not an EDC knife though. but a fairly specialized field knife that has "tactical" use and use for things like search and rescue as well, if you do any of those things.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of my edc. At least once a week one of these tools comes in handy. View attachment 1433321
I think that I spy a Titan Pro. Seriously, best tiny flashlight ever. I live in Moscow, Idaho, where streetlights.... put it this way, the paucity of streetlight would consitute a safety hazard anywhere else, but here, people voted against more so that they can see the night sky. So, just walking home at night, these things come in useful (not that we are going out these nights).

linablair

Reaction score
Great use of your #70264. I'm intending on using mine for a Range Bag, since I no longer use it for a cigar/whiskey bag, as the #260 fills that need much better.

Is that a Hammock Tent I see in the background?

Great idea. It is a hammock tent - I like to keep things simple these days. Let’s hope the rain holds out, as I didn’t set up the tarp tonight!

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great idea. It is a hammock tent - I like to keep things simple these days. Let’s hope the rain holds out, as I didn’t set up the tarp tonight!

My best friend has a hammock tent, he’s used it 3 separate free range kayak camping trips along the Delaware River.

9151EBBF-5601-4D02-B20C-2942698CB332.jpeg

46947E86-0E23-4C4C-9CDB-D5A328E771D8.jpeg

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Current naturally occurring patina on my Buck 055

View attachment 1433875

View attachment 1433876
They make these not 2 hours from here. Here in Idaho, and just a few hours away in Oregon, we have some of the best knifemakers in the world - Chris Reeve (Boise, ID), Benchmade (Oregon), and Buck (Sandpoint, ID), and we have numerous custom makers as well. Frankly, I prefer production to custom for a variety of reasons, I want tools that have been tested by a lot of people, rather than art pieces that often have some technical issues, despite looking great. Filson is similar. I have custom bags. But if I actually need a job done, I often reach for a Filson duffle or game bag. It's something that I never have to worry about.

seven20

Reaction score
Which one of you beat me to green 257 just now?!
Which one? On the bay?

Edit: Saw the talon that ended today, I bet it was that one. Great looking bag! There’s a nice 1102 build tag tan out there right now too

Winston2

Reaction score
Which one? On the bay?

Edit: Saw the talon that ended today, I bet it was that one. Great looking bag! There’s a nice 1102 build tag tan out there right now too
Nice Talon 238 commanding a nice price as well.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They make these not 2 hours from here. Here in Idaho, and just a few hours away in Oregon, we have some of the best knifemakers in the world - Chris Reeve (Boise, ID), Benchmade (Oregon), and Buck (Sandpoint, ID), and we have numerous custom makers as well. Frankly, I prefer production to custom for a variety of reasons, I want tools that have been tested by a lot of people, rather than art pieces that often have some technical issues, despite looking great. Filson is similar. I have custom bags. But if I actually need a job done, I often reach for a Filson duffle or game bag. It's something that I never have to worry about.

That’s really cool! I guess it’s no mystery why Idaho is known for its knivemakers, considering how crucial the butter knife is for something Idaho is also known for.....potatoes :lol:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s really cool! I guess it’s no mystery why Idaho is known for its knivemakers, considering how crucial the butter knife is for something Idaho is also known for.....potatoes :lol:
So, and this is heretical, but Idaho potatoes, which are russets, are fine, but not generally mindblowing. Sure, they are great with butter and salt and pepper, but what isn’t?

nevadabob

Reaction score
But they helped a guy survive for years on Mars, so there's that. Although I'm not sure those were russets. Or that it actually happened.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But they helped a guy survive for years on Mars, so there's that. Although I'm not sure those were russets. Or that it actually happened.
I saw that on the internet so it must definitely be true.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads