• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

seven20

Reaction score

thewinedown

Reaction score
Just came here to say I snagged the tan medium duffle for $118.50. That’s a deal any day of the week.

thanks!
So the additional 50% did apply in the cart? That's a fantastic score. I wish I hadn't just picked up the same one in cinder recently...

mattand27

Reaction score
I love seeing all the Buck knives here and I'm happy that they are partnering with Filson. My very first knives as a kid were Bucks and I still have most of them.

Here's a shot from a couple of years ago with both Buck and Filson content.

The belt is from Tanner Goods.

50170147997_6a97df797d_c.jpg

seven20

Reaction score
So the additional 50% did apply in the cart? That's a fantastic score. I wish I hadn't just picked up the same one in cinder recently...
Yep, which is pretty awesome. I’ve wanted a 325 that wasn’t actually my sons for a while. I prefer OG but tan is good too.

Attachments

• 19FA2E4F-C636-4A38-B1A8-9105B5B3FD1C.jpeg
    19FA2E4F-C636-4A38-B1A8-9105B5B3FD1C.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 22

Stratkat

Reaction score
I love seeing all the Buck knives here and I'm happy that they are partnering with Filson. My very first knives as a kid were Bucks and I still have most of them.

Here's a shot from a couple of years ago with both Buck and Filson content.

The belt is from Tanner Goods.

50170147997_6a97df797d_c.jpg
You know as a kid everyone wanted a Buck including me. I’ve picked up the folders at various times in my life, as late as last summer, it’s such a classic knife. Every time I do they just seem so agricultural in my hand, rough, heavy, and big. As much as I think I want one, I always put them back and walk away. This is the closest I’ve come to that style, bought it when I was seventeen!
6B6D4749-C89D-4BE4-9C46-C21231A673EC.jpeg
E3E77756-51A7-4D7B-A9C9-B882C7FD85F7.jpeg

mattand27

Reaction score
You know as a kid everyone wanted a Buck including me. I’ve picked up the folders at various times in my life, as late as last summer, it’s such a classic knife. Every time I do they just seem so agricultural in my hand, rough, heavy, and big. As much as I think I want one, I always put them back and walk away. This is the closest I’ve come to that style, bought it when I was seventeen!
I hear what you're saying. The Buck 112 is big and heavy for a folder. So is the slightly smaller 112. That's why I like the 055 that OMG mentioned and is shown in my picture above. It has all the styling of the 110, but is easily carried in the pocket and features the sturdy and reliable Buck back lock.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s right I had a knife reveal that I completely forgot to reveal. So without further delay I give you.......................

The Blank Canvas:

Spyderco Para 3 with S30V Steel

View attachment 1432191

The Tools:

View attachment 1432193

Spent almost as much time researching the right Torx set then the Knife itself. In the end I went with the famed German Wiha, a staple in the blade community.

The Parts (or paint if you will). Wanted a good work station so I went with TEKMAT, the design is similar to another project I’m working on, but more on that later.

View attachment 1432197

Spent $80 on these custom water-milled OD Green Linen Micarta Scales, worked with the craftsman on where I wanted the pocket clip holes, so I’d have a cleaner look.

View attachment 1432199

Never disassembled a knife before, so I tried preparing myself as much as possible with plenty of University Youtube. Even after that it was still a learning curve with several surprises and Head scratchers, like a free-spinning back spacer I had to figure out a way around with only one Torx set. Ordered a 2nd driver and bit for future maintenance disassembling

View attachment 1432202

This was the biggest issue, and the reason the build took so long. The lanyard tube in the Para 3 (and Paramilitary 2) has an incredible tight tolerance to it, so removing it took some patience. I didn’t want to crack the G10 factory scales so I needed to slowly back it out using a method I learned from the Scale Builder.

View attachment 1432207

I now give you the finished build, a dream realized from imagination to reality

View attachment 1432208

I decided on removing the black hardware and offering a little contrast with a satin stainless hardware kit, along with something else that really makes this a true one of a kind. An ACP .45 Lanyard Stud Casing

View attachment 1432210

The goal was to get this build under a retail priced Chris Reeve Small Sebenza with Micarta. I was able to do just that ($135 under budget) and the end result is something truly unique and I guess you could say “Bespoke” (even though I hate that word).
I like it. I am actually contemplating a Chris Reeve large Sebenza 31 wth micarta (black, I think, or natural), and adding a custom full backspacer, which I really don't understand NOT being a standard aftermarket part.

I wish that more companies used micarta. It's so much more durable than G10 or carbon fiber, both of which chip fairly easily, even with fairly light use. These days, it's micarta or titanium scales for me. I hate chipped scales, that can wear on your hand.

My usual knife in the pocket for random uses and fidgeting is the Benchmade Anthem, but I just got hold of this fixed blade that is serious business. It has no place in a pocket though:

Winkler Crusher Belt Knife with sculpted black micarta scales:
24C484A6-7014-4527-A17F-C91784BB2A24.jpeg

Stratkat

Reaction score
I hear what you're saying. The Buck 112 is big and heavy for a folder. So is the slightly smaller 112. That's why I like the 055 that OMG mentioned and is shown in my picture above. It has all the styling of the 110, but is easily carried in the pocket and features the sturdy and reliable Buck back lock.
Several times I’ve gone to Bucks site and build a custom, always stop though. I guess GEC answers the call for me.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it. I am actually contemplating a Chris Reeve large Sebenza 31 wth micarta (black, I think, or natural), and adding a custom full backspacer, which I really don't understand NOT being a standard aftermarket part.

I wish that more companies used micarta. It's so much more durable than G10 or carbon fiber, both of which chip fairly easily, even with fairly light use. These days, it's micarta or titanium scales for me. I hate chipped scales, that can wear on your hand.

My usual knife in the pocket for random uses and fidgeting is the Benchmade Anthem, but I just got hold of this fixed blade that is serious business. It has no place in a pocket though:

Winkler Crusher Belt Knife with sculpted black micarta scales:
View attachment 1433123
That handle looks like it would be supremely uncomfortable.

Sebenza, I have always wanted one. They are also so plain, but the want it real.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics