• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nevadabob

Reaction score
I considered the green dialed version because of the lumed numerals, but I've really got a thing for white dialed watches.
33FEB37F-33A9-4F10-B4C3-C2A6E26ECDD1.jpeg
What say you to this?

mattand27

Reaction score
**Update to my recent Filson Field Watch review**

Much to my surprise the white dial version does have luminous numerals and markers. Since it is the black-colored compound it is not very strong or long-lasting, but it is there. I must say after discovering this, there is very little to fault in this watch. A great effort by Filson/Shinola/Bedrock.

50072247857_8b83a908f0_c.jpg

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have any of you bought and/or owned prototype or one-off bags?

Besides my one of a kind (as far as I have seen) Talon OG #257...nope

Winston2

Reaction score
Has anyone used Filson brand leather conditioner on your bags’ leather straps on either side of the zipper, pulls, carrying strap, and leather bases where you attach the carrying strap? If so, I would appreciate hearing about your experience with it, any tips on application, any disadvantage to applying it, etc. And, should I apply it as a preventative measure if the leather is in good shape? Or, should I wait to apply if the leather starts to dry out? I apologize in advance if these are basic questions to which I should know the answers. Thanks!

singjai

Reaction score
Has anyone used Filson brand leather conditioner on your bags’ leather straps on either side of the zipper, pulls, carrying strap, and leather bases where you attach the carrying strap? If so, I would appreciate hearing about your experience with it, any tips on application, any disadvantage to applying it, etc. And, should I apply it as a preventative measure if the leather is in good shape? Or, should I wait to apply if the leather starts to dry out? I apologize in advance if these are basic questions to which I should know the answers. Thanks!

WHAT ARE A FEW THINGS SOMEONE CAN DO TO HELP PRESERVE THEIR FILSON BAG SO THEY CAN GET THE MAXIMUM USE FROM IT?
Jeremy – The two most important things to remember to preserve your Filson bags are the following:
– Condition the leather like it’s your own skin. The more moisture you give it in the form of conditioners and oils, the longer it will last. This will help prevent cracking, waterlogging and dry rot.
– Wax, wax and re-wax your Filson bag. Same as the leather, the more you wax the Rugged Twill, or Oil Tin, the more impermeable it becomes to the elements. Waxing your bag also reduces friction wear, and will ensure a longer life for the fabric.

Source: https://journal.waywardcollective.com/unfailing-goods-visiting-the-filson-restoration-deparment/

I don't think it'll destroy your bag if you forgot to condition it once or twice a year. I have a 7 year old daily carry that I never conditioned until a couple months ago. Just apply a really thin layer and rub it in. Too much will cause it to gunk up.

Reaction score
Is it much different than the actual production model?
The leather seemed a bit different. Not sure if they were trying out other leather vendors besides Wickett & Craig or just different treatments of the leather from them to find the perfect shade. I'll see if I don't have any pictures of the duffel and try to grab a few of the briefcase once I get it out of storage.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Wickett & Craig, I meant to share this with the group much earlier

Stratkat

Reaction score
**Update to my recent Filson Field Watch review**

Much to my surprise the white dial version does have luminous numerals and markers. Since it is the black-colored compound it is not very strong or long-lasting, but it is there. I must say after discovering this, there is very little to fault in this watch. A great effort by Filson/Shinola/Bedrock.

50072247857_8b83a908f0_c.jpg
Don’t worry it’s not that strong on the green dial either, by early morning it’s difficult to read.

DuckMan_11

Reaction score
Stopped in Eagan MN yesterday on my way through. Probably saved me a couple hundred.

Attachments

• 4142166A-A6CE-49F5-BAE0-D8EA9342A110.jpeg
    4142166A-A6CE-49F5-BAE0-D8EA9342A110.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 84

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped in Eagan MN yesterday on my way through. Probably saved me a couple hundred.

That’s sad for all of their store employees. When are we going to wake up from this nightmare.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics