• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About when did Filson discontinue the Two Wheel Rolling Carry On and Check In Roller. These 4 Wheel Spinners seem to be Antihero of Filson

Rolling Luggage.PNG

GzStudio

Reaction score
About when did Filson discontinue the Two Wheel Rolling Carry On and Check In Roller. These 4 Wheel Spinners seem to be Antihero of Filson

View attachment 1368461
I believe they started getting rid of them last fall when the 4 wheel was introduced. They are currently ousting the leather 2 wheel roller right now in the sale (which is very lackluster). I am sure they will be introducing a new 4 wheel leather if it sold well in the 2 version form.

seven20

Reaction score
I believe they started getting rid of them last fall when the 4 wheel was introduced. They are currently ousting the leather 2 wheel roller right now in the sale (which is very lackluster). I am sure they will be introducing a new 4 wheel leather if it sold well in the 2 version form.
I'm wondering if the sale will get stronger after today when the rebate deal ends. I need to get a navy 24 hour since they're being discontinued

GzStudio

Reaction score
No idea. They have added items in the past as well as dropped prices, but not always on higher demand items, usually clothing. I doubt it will sell out and since they aren't shipping at the moment, no reason not to wait.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the sale will get stronger after today when the rebate deal ends. I need to get a navy 24 hour since they're being discontinued

Catching the Navy bug going around lately are you? :fonz:

They do off it in Otter Green still, I should know as it was my first Filson bag. I think you’re going to love it’s layout design. I still think it’s one of the best Filson has to offer currently

seven20

Reaction score
Catching the Navy bug going around lately are you? :fonz:

They do off it in Otter Green still, I should know as it was my first Filson bag. I think you’re going to love it’s layout design. I still think it’s one of the best Filson has to offer currently
Nah, it’s for my son. I had already picked up a tan for him - but after he had told my wife if he got to pick he would want navy. It’s going to be a gift so he doesn't have the tan yet..it’s put away for now. If I get this navy I may either sell the tan or keep it for myself. Personally I’d also rather have the OG but tan could be a good mix to throw in with a leather strap

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about an outfitter for a while now for my hunting trips. Decided to pick up the XL duffel this past fall and not sure if I’d use the outfitter. I was also looking at the one Wren&Ivy (small US based company- geared towards the hunting lifestyle) makes in addition to the Filson.

I own the Wren & Ivy bag. I’ve used it several times. I really love the design. Great company. Great people running it too. I also splurged and got their Gentleman’s Grooming Kit. I’ve used that a lot and just love it. The two together are fantastic for a variety of car travel.

Does anyone have experience with the Filson Weatherproof Leather Journeyman? I have the regular Journeyman in Olive & might want to splurge to upgrade. Thanks in advance!

I picked one of these up around Christmas. I haven’t used it yet so I can’t give you a review. But, if you have questions a non-user but owner can answer, fire away.

“Non-user but owner”. There is everything wrong with that phrase. I need my head examined.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What a shame, as my belief has always been that with these 4 Wheel Spinners, you lose valuable real estate. I'm not certain but I believe the older #70323 was 35L and this new version is only 30L. Filson of course did not factor that capacity loss into their price model. I'm not sure if it's public knowledge (to the newer members) but Filson does not extend the Lifetime Warranty to the Rolling Luggage, more plastic wheels means more of a chance something breaks and you are out of pocket getting it repaired.

GzStudio

Reaction score
Which is why I will most likely never have one. Plus, from the 2 wheeled versions I e seen, not impressed with the durability of the plastic.

GzStudio

Reaction score
This whole quarantine thing has me drinking more than usual, which is not very often to begin with. Trying this one tonight. Hopefully everyone out there is staying safe. Can’t wait for things to head towards normalcy....
D5FDD118-78D2-4128-B667-1FFA15DAE851.jpeg

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which is why I will most likely never have one. Plus, from the 2 wheeled versions I e seen, not impressed with the durability of the plastic.
I like mine. It was a great bargain at the price I paid even if it doesn’t last me a lifetime. It has some obvious design flaws. The biggest issue for me is that it doesn’t not standing up well when fully packed (falls forward). Next biggest issue is the weight. By itself it’s like 8+lbs which in Europe is half your carry capacity and the US isn’t far behind. Anyways, it looks amazing and is very tough. The wheels will be the first thing to go but it looks to me like they used roller blade wheels which finding a replacement looks reasonably easy. Anyways, for a good price, it’s a nice carry on but I likely wouldn’t be able to justify sticker price especially considering they no longer make them in the USA. Mine is an early YKK build tag and I’m happy with it.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This whole quarantine thing has me drinking more than usual, which is not very often to begin with. Trying this one tonight. Hopefully everyone out there is staying safe. Can’t wait for things to head towards normalcy.... View attachment 1368680

Happy to see you enjoying more whiskey and using your swanky new glass. Love that decanter design stopper.

I myself have actually mostly refrained from all alcohol this past month since I’ve moved back home to be with my Twin Brother. Things are vastly improving by each passing day having him home, for us and for him.

I did sneak one glass 12 days ago after going 16 days on the wagon. Of course I didn’t celebrate with just anything...

510BAC06-4F4D-4C1A-BCF8-0D535559172A.jpeg

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want wheeled luggage that minimizes weight, maximizes space, and has an unconditional lifetime warranty, just go ahead and spring for Briggs & Riley. They even offer olive.:)

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like mine. It was a great bargain at the price I paid even if it doesn’t last me a lifetime. It has some obvious design flaws. The biggest issue for me is that it doesn’t not standing up well when fully packed (falls forward). Next biggest issue is the weight. By itself it’s like 8+lbs which in Europe is half your carry capacity and the US isn’t far behind. Anyways, it looks amazing and is very tough. The wheels will be the first thing to go but it looks to me like they used roller blade wheels which finding a replacement looks reasonably easy. Anyways, for a good price, it’s a nice carry on but I likely wouldn’t be able to justify sticker price especially considering they no longer make them in the USA. Mine is an early YKK build tag and I’m happy with it.

It’s an interesting distinction between the rolling luggage and the rolling duffles. I had the wheels and plastics replaced on a duffle under warranty last year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads