• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

danfilsondill

Reaction score
My pleasure! I actually figured it was the #70081 that you meant to add to the chart. I was highly considering one of those several times and was actually hunting down a "Motto Tag" version in Navy. Are you still contemplating the MTB?
Just always looking but definitley not buying right now! What does a motto tag entail?

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just always looking but definitley not buying right now! What does a motto tag entail?

Well if you need any info on the MTB please don't hesitate, it's one of my favorite Filson's

Motto Tag (including the old motto of Filson). Bedrock occasionally peppers it into some of their branding and merchandise, but for the most part they have distanced themselves from it.

motto tag.jpeg

Some examples of Non-Motto Tags after the sale to Bedrock Manufacturing:

Non motto tag.jpg

nmt.jpg

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to go old school this week while staying at my parents house. My twin brother is still here and I don’t want to miss a second without him. This is the longest time I’ve been with him for 4 years.

Been meaning to use my Talon 257 for awhile now, paired with my Talon 246

17BB61F3-E5A4-40B8-AF7E-2418C5B15552.jpeg

danfilsondill

Reaction score
Decided to go old school this week while staying at my parents house. My twin brother is still here and I don’t want to miss a second without him. This is the longest time I’ve been with him for 4 years.

Been meaning to use my Talon 257 for awhile now, paired with my Talon 246

View attachment 1364896
That duo is unbeatable.

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@OtterMeanGreen here is the breakdown of bag number by Era. I filled in the eras based on years where available, unfortunately there were some unknowns . This is all bags where total bags >1.

View attachment 1364938
I’m guessing you had to copy the info into excel to format this way? When I built the spreadsheet Sheets had some serious limitations in terms of the analytics.

seven20

Reaction score
I’m guessing you had to copy the info into excel to format this way? When I built the spreadsheet Sheets had some serious limitations in terms of the analytics.
Yes, I downloaded into excel and then modified for analysis in tableau. Google sheets has limitations for sure, can’t even sort just the tables.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@danfilsondill have you considered a Medium Duffel in Navy? We have a member who had one (in Navy no less) and used it pretty regularly until he sold it. @mgrennier i'm looking at you buddy.

I found one pretty cheap on the Bay:

222.PNG

danfilsondill

Reaction score
@danfilsondill have you considered a Medium Duffel in Navy? We have a member who had one (in Navy no less) and used it pretty regularly until he sold it. @mgrennier i'm looking at you buddy.

I found one pretty cheap on the Bay:

View attachment 1364948
That is a great price. I just think I’d end up using the Large Travel Carry On or the Pullman before I used a Medium duffle. The small duffle is at least small enough for me that I would use it for shorter trips/gym.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a great price. I just think I’d end up using the Large Travel Carry On or the Pullman before I used a Medium duffle. The small duffle is at least small enough for me that I would use it for shorter trips/gym.

No worries, can't help but share with you every Navy Filson good deal that I see. That's perfectly understandable, redundancy is the kryptonite of any Filson.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@TinMan3 I gave this seller a chance

olive branch.PNG

danfilsondill

Reaction score
No worries, can't help but share with you every Navy Filson good deal that I see. That's perfectly understandable, redundancy is the kryptonite of any Filson.

hahah I appreciate it! I felt kind of sad when my Pullman came because I felt like it was the first redundant purchase having just bought the Large Carry On Travel Bag. I had wanted the Pullman originally so I bought it but then felt finally I had too much overlap. However I love the Pullman so I’m not that mad about it haha.

I see the irony of worrying about redundancy with the Suit Cover and the Garment Bag but the garment bag is HUGE. Also I got an incredible deal on it so I’m not mad that I own it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads