• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

seven20

Reaction score
I have come a long way since 2017. I have owned a majority (6 I think) Otter Green Filson’s, but currently only own two (as seen in my Avatar). I have two Tan and one Navy, The #70083 Journeyman First Edition. Build Date: 1113. Curious to learn yours.
Hmm, Ottermeangreenish these days? you need to pick up another OG to restore the balance in the force

McRiz

Reaction score
I'm bored at home so I decided to gather a portion of the bag collection for a group shot. Unfortunately (or fortunately), not everyone is in the picture. Hope everyone stays healthy!

Attachments

• 20200327_131420.jpg
    20200327_131420.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 114

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm bored at home so I decided to gather a portion of the bag collection for a group shot. Unfortunately (or fortunately), not everyone is in the picture. Hope everyone stays healthy!
Nice, I should do a "family" photo, but they are spread out all over the house and garage.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can understand the use of stock photos if you have a large quantity of the same item or color and can't display each one individually, however, I don't understand why some sellers opt to use stock photos for their main listing picture. I will admit that when I was selling my 24 Hour Briefcase back in 2017, I did use a couple of shots from google images last in line, that displayed a full haul and some scenarios of all the possibilities, but for my main picture (along with every angle after) I used my actual 24HR. This seller has a pretty rare Otter Green #70266 with a 1212 Build Date. Instead she opted to use a stock photo of a new Otter Green First Edition with YKK zippers and a padless shoulder strap as her main listing picture, non of which are featured on her actual 70266. This bag could totally stand alone on it's own merits.

266.PNG

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa!!! New with Tags Talon Rucksack in Tan with included padlock. Listing is also modest and honest as far as date of build. Don' think I've ever seen a shipping price that high before. That's incredible how the seller claims to be the original owner yet has never used it in over 20 years. Makes me think of the Ferrari in Ferris Bueller.

new talon ruck.PNG

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, Ottermeangreenish these days? you need to pick up another OG to restore the balance in the force

That looks to be the case if I intend on remaining the leader of Team d'OG. Not really sure what color I want my Talon Outfitter #238 to be. It's main function will be as a trunk organizer, boot carrier and overall Go-Bag for my soon to be new Subaru STI. Otter Green is my first choice however.

seven20

Reaction score
That looks to be the case if I intend on remaining the leader of Team d'OG. Not really sure what color I want my Talon Outfitter #238 to be. It's main function will be as a trunk organizer, boot carrier and overall Go-Bag for my soon to be new Subaru STI. Otter Green is my first choice however.
The STI is an amazing machine. I am a fan of boxer engine cars. Need to figure out which bad is the right size for the frunk of my cayman to use as a go bag.
What color STI are you getting? Manual? (I don’t know if auto is an option, excuse my ignorance)

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The STI is an amazing machine. I am a fan of boxer engine cars. Need to figure out which bad is the right size for the frunk of my cayman to use as a go bag.
What color STI are you getting? Manual? (I don’t know if auto is an option, excuse my ignorance)

Well with my experience with Porsche while working for Ferrari, I’d say the #70218 would be a perfect fit, but boardeline too big :lol: :fonz: . You’ll have to punch in that build number to get my attempt at car humor

Right on!! World Rally Blue and of course manual (no other option exists). In a black trunk of course, Tan might stand out better then Otter Green. It all depends on what's available at the time for the right price point.

BFD44F94-4515-4BE8-A907-A69E3B23C4E6.jpeg

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A short while back I informed the members here of a insane Wallet Seconds Sale at Tanner Goods in Portland Oregon. I know a couple of members made purchases and I would be most curious to see what you guys got, considering it was a blind style purchase. I figured since each wallet cost me $18 I could throw caution to the wind and see how lucky I was...apparently I was very lucky. @FilsonDude & @Fueco what did you guys get?

Small Wallet Number 1:
Out of the 3 Small wallet choices the one that I wanted the most is called The Legacy Cardholder (think Filson Snap Wallet). The color I wanted (out of 4) was Natural; just like my Utility Bifold & 1.50” Belt.

Looks like I got exactly what I wanted, here it is sitting next to my year old Tanner Goods Natural Bifold. Retailing for $80 made from Meridian English Bridle Leather. Featuring a rough out interior and brass snaps and rivets

60E5A83A-59F5-40C0-A04D-8D12D43BF277.jpeg

“Patina Potential”:

0B1E5D8F-041D-46EA-9C9A-EFCFEEA2C50D.jpeg

AABF6BF5-3A77-4F48-B9EB-E30091EB5F4E.jpeg

The back features two riveted dollar bill clasps; check out those rich leather tones.

6B1F3077-2313-45C2-A91E-D0A178C891AD.jpeg

7B154BD4-8D1A-4FA8-AF69-DB9A0A6F3117.jpeg

My theory on why this is a second: the monogram on the back appears to be upside down. Accidents happen and I am very fortunate because of it.

2. The 2nd wallet I was hoping for I didn’t get, and allow me to say, I have never been happier. The one I got instead turned out to be better for what I was tasking it for. The color of the leather was also something I found deep appreciation for, as I get to see how it patina’s, considering I was thinking about picking up a more formal 1.25” belt for dress khakis.

The Minimal Card Wallet In Cognac Meridian English Bridle Leather with a smooth underside for easy access. Retails for $40.

ED17653C-F98B-4F96-8B87-DF40FC14346C.jpeg

What I like best about this, is the top access to the bill slot and the two card slots. It’s a true front pocket wallet, as the contents will stay exactly in place no matter what, even loose change. Featured below is about 9 bills and 4 cards, but this thing can definitely swallow much more. I however don’t need it to, as the Legacy Cardholder can fill that job effortlessly.

185369CF-AE51-4911-A1AF-A99A0371CC94.jpeg

I can’t really tell why this is a factory second as it’s absolutely flawless. Maybe there is supposed to be a roughed out underside. That’s what i call a perfect mistake. Here’s a shot of the upside down monogram on the Legay:

D826DA0B-4B4A-496D-9350-0E47FE63DC4A.jpeg

Last edited:

seven20

Reaction score
Well with my experience with Porsche while working for Ferrari, I’d say the #70218 would be a perfect fit, but boardeline too big :lol: :fonz: . You’ll have to punch in that build number to get my attempt at car humor

Right on!! World Rally Blue and of course manual (no other option exists).

View attachment 1363223
World rally blue is the best color!

I have a 70218, I’ll try that one and go from there haha

TreesInSummer

Reaction score

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I still need to sell a brand new Filson Weatherproof Leather Original Briefcase in Sierra Brown.

Got it as a gift and would like to use the money for a vacation. Feel free to shoot me an offer via the ebay auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254529033518

- Free worldwide shipping

- It's 1250€ on filson.com, around 800€ in most online shops, I offer 649€ ( =$736) base price (=

- Feel free to shoot me a reasonable offer!
No offense man, but posting once on this forum trying to sell something is ok, but imo 3-4 times is probably too much. This is a forum for discussion about the products and not for selling. There is a specific buy sell trade page on styleforum that is meant for this. Please feel free to continue trying to sell your very nice briefcase there. I wish you very good luck.

TreesInSummer

Reaction score
Oh sorry, I didn't know of the dedicated buy sell page. Thanks for pointing that out! I don't want to disturb any discussion.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel like I'm sitting in that very same classroom right now. Where is everyone?

Some eBay listings for your entertainment:

1. Filson STB #244. Leather looks to be from the Talon Era. You simply don't see too many of these pop up on the Bay. Who was it that has one of these on here that bought it under the guise of a MTB?

STB.PNG

2. This is what a true First Edition looks like. Filson #258 YKK (Build Date 0602) in Otter Green with the famous sueded underside from the Talon Era. Lock and Key is included as well as a Eddie Bauer luggage tag, from a time that I can only imagine when these two brands shared much in common.

YKK 1st.PNG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads