• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I blame you OMG

Caved and placed an order for a belt and large wallet.

:fonz: You won't regret it. I've never bought one of their Seconds before but I do own a Natural Leather Belt with mostly Copper Hardware and a Natural Leather Bifold. Is this your first purchase from them?

Love the cycle of their Natural Leather:

tanner goods natty.jpg

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry for posting this since I think they generally add little value to the forum, but thought this was too funny to pass up...

Guy claiming to have a “factory distressed” Filson wallet. Only used once. You can see the actual bite marks on the wallet. Looks like he bought it chewed on it for a while, and then decided to sell as ‘new without box’. Please someone tell me that has been to the flagship store lately that they aren’t selling pre-chewed wallets....

C6D4BA4D-E2A4-405E-8D15-25C592345BAC.png

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a small wallet and a belt...

Was this your first Tanner Goods purchase Fueco? I have one of their belts and it is truly remarkable. I haven't seen such detail put into a belt since. If you opt for the Natural color, like their wallets, they will darken noticeably over the years. The only knock I have is that they don't advertise mine as partial copper hardware as the buckle was nickel with copper coating. The rivets are solid copper which look captivating against the Natural leather

@TinMan3 that seller looks like he bought that wallet from Count Dracula. New Without Box my arse.

Ever see this seller before? He's sporting the wood floor in his backdrop like you and GZ. Wonder if it's anyone we know here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was this your first Tanner Goods purchase Fueco? I have one of their belts and it is truly remarkable. I haven't seen such detail put into a belt since. If you opt for the Natural color, like their wallets, they will darken noticeably over the years. The only knock I have is that they don't advertise mine as partial copper hardware as the buckle was nickel with copper coating. The rivets are solid copper which look captivating against the Natural leather

@TinMan3 that seller looks like he bought that wallet from Count Dracula. New Without Box my arse.

Ever see this seller before? He's sporting the wood floor in his backdrop like you and GZ. Wonder if it's anyone we know here.

I have a regular wallet too, which I purchased from Huckberry a couple years ago. I don’t use it much as I generally prefer simple wallets.

woodsjw

Reaction score
Yes. I’m very glad our kids are teenagers and able to occupy themselves most of the time. This must be a nightmare time to be trapped with smaller children.
My eldest was due to due take exams and those are seemingly now cancelled. She’s worked hard so I feel bad for her that her results won’t be a clear reflection.

I’m with @nevadabob - this is unprecedented. And there is no “enemy” against which to fight back. The fallout on jobs and the economy globally is going to be horrendous.

There is a UK artist who has recently become popular. This picture of his is in our hallway and perhaps offers something worth bearing in mind

View attachment 1357594

I think this is @woodsjw territory! How’s things in TX? I imagine many of your congregations are needing support?

Hello friends. Things in TX are crazy at the moment, but we’re taking it hour by hour and day by day. We have a good number of elderly and vulnerable in our congregation, so we are doing our best to keep them home and protected. Also having to think very creatively about how to stay in contact and engaged with folks when we can’t see them in person due to social distancing.

So life is very busy, as I’m sure it is for many of you. You and your families all have my prayers, for what it’s worth.

stay safe out there.
josh+

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
Hello friends. Things in TX are crazy at the moment, but we’re taking it hour by hour and day by day. We have a good number of elderly and vulnerable in our congregation, so we are doing our best to keep them home and protected. Also having to think very creatively about how to stay in contact and engaged with folks when we can’t see them in person due to social distancing.

So life is very busy, as I’m sure it is for many of you. You and your families all have my prayers, for what it’s worth.

stay safe out there.
josh+
Thank you, Josh. Your prayers are worth a lot. Know that many of your friends here are praying for you and your flock as well.

God bless.

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stay safe out there.
josh+
Prayers coming your way as well. I’m sure your hands are full as you navigate these waters with your congregation. May God bless you through this.

And, by the way, if I may:

This little group (in our corner of the internet) on this forum has always been centered around one common theme: Our love for all things Filson. That said, weve always had separate interests beyond that, we all have different professions, come from different cities, different states, hell even different continents. We have different hobbies. Different tastes in cocktails. Different tastes in cars. Different tastes in women. (Or men, I don’t care)

But now, more than ever, we are ALL connected by another common thing: beating this stupid ass corona virus.

I wish nothing but the best for each of you. May you all have healthy lives, healthy families and healthy fun during these strange times.

God willing, we will all survive this and I’m thankful for each and every one of you.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

stay safe out there.
josh+
Our little rural church has closed for ??? due to this virus, some of us are staying in touch via internet. Services cancelled with everyone "Sheltering at Home" as the state mandate is called. Very eerie times right now.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stay safe out there.
josh+
Thanks Josh (@woodsjw) and also @mgrennier and everyone.

It’s Mother’s Day here in the UK. My mother is 75+ and has chronic respiratory issues, so we are keeping a very close eye on her. Her local church usually does visits to old folks homes and does small services for them. That’s been suspended for now. However, I was asked to make a travelling cross for their portable altar, so here is a picture of it almost complete. It needs final glue and finish coating. All hand turned from local cherry. It’s about 18 inches tall.

CF1C36AD-718E-4212-90F5-E295E721D16C.jpeg

On a Filson note: a beachy walk in spring sunshine today, staying well away from others. Picnic supplies in the tin cloth tote. Drone and sundries in the field bag. Ultralight jacket, Alaskan guide, tin vest and wool cap for me.

6861CFF9-E4F4-4A18-86F1-E41610313090.jpeg

Stay well everyone!

seven20

Reaction score
After 13 days of quarantine (had major car issues 13 days ago and been working remote since before the lockdown) I finally put all my bags away until we can leave the house. Sad stack of filson. Worst thing is I really want to make a few local filson purchases, both for myself and a fellow member - yet sadly I can’t go out.

hope everyone is staying well!

Attachments

• FC601D7D-9099-4FC3-91F7-B2220477AA38.jpeg
    FC601D7D-9099-4FC3-91F7-B2220477AA38.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 66

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After 13 days of quarantine (had major car issues 13 days ago and been working remote since before the lockdown) I finally put all my bags away until we can leave the house. Sad stack of filson. Worst thing is I really want to make a few local filson purchases, both for myself and a fellow member - yet sadly I can’t go out.

Nice Filson collection!

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
[

This is a sad state of affairs. Sorry to hear about the car. Dang things! Now, if a car could only be made like a Filson bag, then we would be onto something. (Insert obligatory pre-Bedrock qualifications here to assuage OMG - ?)

Hang in there everyone. We can do this!

Also, Speedy, your cross is beautiful. I love it. Happy Mother’s Day to your mom. May she have many more.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Josh (@woodsjw) and also @mgrennier and everyone.

It’s Mother’s Day here in the UK. My mother is 75+ and has chronic respiratory issues, so we are keeping a very close eye on her. Her local church usually does visits to old folks homes and does small services for them. That’s been suspended for now. However, I was asked to make a travelling cross for their portable altar, so here is a picture of it almost complete. It needs final glue and finish coating. All hand turned from local cherry. It’s about 18 inches tall.

View attachment 1359255

On a Filson note: a beachy walk in spring sunshine today, staying well away from others. Picnic supplies in the tin cloth tote. Drone and sundries in the field bag. Ultralight jacket, Alaskan guide, tin vest and wool cap for me.

View attachment 1359266

Stay well everyone!

I love natural cherry. That is gorgeous.

Happy Mother’s Day, best wishes, and good health to your mom!

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now, if a car could only be made like a Filson bag, then we would be onto something. (Insert obligatory pre-Bedrock qualifications here to assuage OMG - ?)

I can think of a few already. Land Rover Defender (pre 2000), Jeep Wrangler TJ, YJ, CJ, Toyota FJ40/FJ60, FJ55, Hummer H1 (and nothing else), Subaru WRX STI...just because I'm getting one once things get back to normal :lol:

The ultimate Trunk Go-Bag. This is one on my radar for when I get my new car. Gonna store some boots in the bottom compartment among all the essentials. Only problem is finding one for a reasonable price that wasn't abused or carried anything too stinky. I think they patina equally as good as a Pullman, thanks to the abundant amount of exposed brass and bridle leather.

Filson Outfitter.jpg

@TinMan3 he's back, you guys were right, he didn't dupe a sucker into spending $3,200 for something you can simultaneously get for $600.

again.PNG

A much better deal (although still kinda pricey)

better.PNG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads