• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunday afternoon in my garage / shop. Wood turning. Alaskan guide, lightweight vest and Filson wool cap (which I love).

D69F5628-6A93-4181-826C-450367BF3DD4.jpeg
868895F8-68DE-4ECC-98C7-CC995C803D04.jpeg

cathpah

Reaction score
I'm amazed that I haven't stumbled into this thread before. My addiction is full-blown, so it's nice to find like minded addicts.

Here's a photo from a couple years back when we took the boy camping in Iceland for a couple weeks.

Attachments

• FilsonIceland.jpg
    FilsonIceland.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 107

nevadabob

Reaction score
Speedy, I had a wool watch cap and loved it. In a cigar and alcohol induced fit of kindness I gave it away one cold night. I've always wished I had it back. Now I rock the smokey beanie and it's just not the same.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speedy, I had a wool watch cap and loved it. In a cigar and alcohol induced fit of kindness I gave it away one cold night. I've always wished I had it back. Now I rock the smokey beanie and it's just not the same.
My friend, that is what loose living does to you ;-). But I bet you have a grateful guy out there somewhere. Karma...
I am very pleased with the warmth and comfort. Once again, Filson know how to do wool right.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any fans of the author William Gibson? He’s sci-fi, most famous for coining the term cyberspace. He’s long been associated with the edgy and emerging and captures the zeitgeist well.

In his new book “Agency” there is a character in San Francisco where...

9F94372E-9F3F-400E-9483-993C7665DFE4.jpeg

nevadabob

Reaction score
Speedy! Can you make a basic 11 or 12 inch dinner plate? I've been toying with the idea of moving from ceramic to wood for dinnerware.

Raided my local Filson store this morning... D19E2195-CE66-4233-BD00-709AB1F66889.jpeg

nevadabob

Reaction score
Never shucked an oyster before, but darnit, now that I have a knife, I bought a quarter-dozen on the way home.

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, three. I thought quarter dozen would make it sound like I knew what I was doing. Talk about your all time backfire.
You already had me impressed with your excitement over the oyster shucker. I was like “oh man he must be a veteran that goes out and gathers his own oysters! Maybe he’ll show me the ropes in the PNW someday!” Haha.

Hope you enjoy it! I do love oysters.

TreesInSummer

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got a Filson Weatherproof Leather Original Briefcase in Sierra Brown as a gift and want to sell it because I rather spend this kind of money on a vacation. I usually just sell old electronics on ebay so I put it for sale there a week ago. I feel like ebay has the wrong audience for selling brand new >1k BIFL briefcases since it hasn't been sold and I already reduced it by over 400€. Does anybody know where there is a good place to sell a brand new Filson bag as a private seller? Most people that want a brand new one probably just go to Filsons own online shop. Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit: I am talking about this one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads