• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Rymanocerous

That’s actually an old picture of when I scored the WLW at retail price ($117).

Here’s a more up to date photo. I opened it immediately after winning the raffle, and celebrated my two months worth of work in pursuing it. The GTS I waited 1.5 years before cracking it.

4C565861-C201-4E6B-82D0-219690E0D2B7.jpeg

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Rymanocerous

That’s actually an old picture of when I scored the WLW at retail price ($117).

Here’s a more up to date photo. I opened it immediately after winning the raffle, and celebrated my two months worth of work in pursuing it. The GTS I waited 1.5 years before cracking it.

View attachment 1344558
You're self control is inspiring. Recently found a Stagg Jr local (which is hard here) and it lasted 8 days. Now I wish I had more.

nevadabob

Reaction score
Hey, audog, (which, btw is that gold dog or auburn university dog?) If you send me your address I'll mail you a bronze Filson key ring to use for your fix. Not sure how, but I have about six extras laying around at home.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, audog, (which, btw is that gold dog or auburn university dog?) If you send me your address I'll mail you a bronze Filson key ring to use for your fix. Not sure how, but I have about six extras laying around at home.
It's Gold Dog (I am 66 and have had Golden Retrievers all my life, except for 2 years about a decade ago) Sent you a PM

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the Carryology Facebook Group

Hey Seattle folks... ever wanted to do a behind the scenes tour of the Filson production facility and then have drinks with the Filson design team and other Carryology readers? Just asking ??
(Edit: stay tuned for an update later tonight)

— in Seattle, Washington.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found some interesting eBay listings to share with you guys.

1. Haven't seen an FRD like this before. Beautiful Talon Era Brown leather.

FRD.PNG

2. Patina and Rucksack usually don't go hand in hand, however that is not the case here. Nice to see these bags getting their paws dirty

ruck patina.PNG

3. Not a Filson...so why is the "Brand" listed as such?

not a filson.PNG

4. Finally. These clearly aren't all duffel bags. I'm not sure if the middle Filson is an MTB or an over-stuffed STB like the first one is. Either way a beautifully aged Lot, reminds me of a @speedy611 score

STB.PNG

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4. Finally. These clearly aren't all duffel bags. I'm not sure if the middle Filson is an MTB or an over-stuffed STB like the first one is. Either way a beautifully aged Lot, reminds me of a @speedy611 score

View attachment 1345250

Welp I thought I was flying under the radar scoping this one out but I guess the seceret is out now. Really interested in the smaller bags and agreed, these are beautiful Talon examples.

seven20

Reaction score
Welp I thought I was flying under the radar scoping this one out but I guess the seceret is out now. Really interested in the smaller bags and agreed, these are beautiful Talon examples.
I have also been following those, thought I'm not planning to bid.

I did pick up the tan 24 hour today!

seven20

Reaction score
Curious. What would you guys pay though for that bundle?
It's really hard to say with the only having 1 image. I would think $450-500 only due to the unknowns.

Potentially could be worth much more.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's really hard to say with the only having 1 image. I would think $450-500 only due to the unknowns.

Potentially could be worth much more.
Agreed, but doing so would have to include me being sure I could sell off the larger one at an ok price. Plus my recent eBay fail has given me cold feet, so with this being at $400 already, Ill wait for one of you find gents to pick these up and split them up.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you mind sharing what happened? I have made a lot of ebay purchases, and have still been fearful of ebay for filson

Bag stank worse than I have ever experienced. Leather handles had permanent damage (dried out, brittle patches). Brass has oxidized and transferred all over the bag. Which were a shame because it looked like it was still brand new. I'm sure it was stuck in a damp place and forgotten for a decade or two and then of course none of these issues were disclosed.

nevadabob

Reaction score
I've been silently waiting for a filson/vans rucksack to come up for sale. There's one on The Ebay right now that looks like it took a one way trip to hell and back. Also, it's way overpriced, in my opinion.

seven20

Reaction score
I've been silently waiting for a filson/vans rucksack to come up for sale. There's one on The Ebay right now that looks like it took a one way trip to hell and back. Also, it's way overpriced, in my opinion.
What makes this bag different from a standard ruck? It looks like the straps are a bit different on the one on eBay - $800 is steep too

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics