• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cbfox

Reaction score
Well, this happened today to the 24 hr bag. Any ideas on repair, short of sending back to Filson (I use this bag daily and don't want to send it in) Until I took the picture, I didn't realize how much Golden Retriever hair the bag picked up :) View attachment 1343651
Pry up the tab on the slider just enough to remove the pull tab from the slot, replace the pull tab, and crimp the tab back down. The slot is shown in this picture.
5AC05066-A324-4B79-893D-3C3BD4716CD5.jpeg

Cbfox

Reaction score
Pry up the tab on the slider just enough to remove the pull tab from the slot, replace the pull tab, and crimp the tab back down. The slot is shown in this picture.

And you can even replace both of them with ones that say “Talon” . . .

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And you can even replace both of them with ones that say “Talon” . . .
Funny thing, I don't care what they say, or if they say anything, just want a functional zipper. Ordered some no-name parts from Amazon to fix them. I don't really care if it's correct, period specific or anything else, just want a zipper pull that works :)

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny thing, I don't care what they say, or if they say anything, just want a functional zipper. Ordered some no-name parts from Amazon to fix them. I don't really care if it's correct, period specific or anything else, just want a zipper pull that works :)

I hadn’t realized it until recently but the picture of the Filson that literally got me into the hobby back in 2014, has a zipper tab that has broken off. It appears to have been modded with a simple keychain ring with the leather tassel attached. I like it even more now, and a solid idea for when the unfortunate happens. Only in my case I’m using solid brass or copper rings; great opportunity to attach things to it like a Swiss Army Knife or something.

Talon Era #258 featured in OUTSIDE Magazine.

36EF9B1F-931D-4304-802F-6557A7BA520D.jpeg

Last edited:

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
Ok. I’ll bite. I’m guessing that is a Jac Shirt. An old one.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone see this listing on The Bay recently? Is this guy serious? Unless this was owned by a famous photographer, there's no reason to ask so much for something you can buy (currently) for under $500. Also this guy is clearly ripping off the posting style of @GzStudio and @TinMan3 . I even tried contacting him to explain why he was asking for so much, in a none combative way of course. Obviously he never got back to me. Also what makes this bag "rare"? Don't even answer that because if you have a look on his account, he uses that word in almost every listing.

Huh.PNG

On sale at same time.

huh 3.PNG

EDIT: I just saw that it sold, please tell me he ended his listing himself by listing it as sold, because if someone willingly paid that price (without research) then they deserve to have their finances removed immediately. The extra $20 for shipping is the epitome of greed

huh 2.PNG

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone see this listing on The Bay recently? Is this guy serious? Unless this was owned by a famous photographer, there's no reason to ask so much for something you can buy (currently) for under $500. Also this guy is clearly ripping off the posting style of @GzStudio and @TinMan3 . I even tried contacting him to explain why he was asking for so much, in a none combative way of course. Obviously he never got back to me. Also what makes this bag "rare"? Don't even answer that because if you have a look on his account, he uses that word in almost every listing.

View attachment 1343915

On sale at same time.

View attachment 1343916

EDIT: I just saw that it sold, please tell me he ended his listing himself by listing it as sold, because if someone willingly paid that price (without research) then they deserve to have their finances removed immediately. The extra $20 for shipping is the epitome of greed

View attachment 1343917
What I found interesting, was not asking price, but that 5 people were watching it at that price......

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1343915

On sale at same time.

View attachment 1343916

View attachment 1343917
Yeah he literally bought that bag from me for $275, tried to claim it never arrived, then when I told him there was nothing I could do because the tracking showed as delivered to his address he quickly reposted the item for $3k using my photos. So you are spot on that he literally stole my listing photos. I reported him to eBay but that never goes anywhere. Oh well, part of it.

Last edited:

seven20

Reaction score
Yeah he literally bought that bag from me for $275, tried to claim it never arrived, then when I told him there was nothing I could do because the tracking showed as delivered to his address he quickly reposted the item for $3k using my photos. So you are spot on that he literally stole my listing photos. I reported him to eBay but that never goes anywhere. Oh well, part of it.
I noticed that this bag used a previous sellers images and was trying to piece together what was happening. Didn’t realize that the other seller was a member here.
This dude seems to be a scam artist - I guarantee that the bag will be listed again, it’s been marked sold several times in his listings since early Jan

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh :fonz: Page 415 is coincidentally the page I started posting with you fine Filsonados. It all started with a Rucksack spot during the beginning of City of Angels

I wouldn't be surprised, Bedrock got early in the habit of discontinuing bags that became obsolete (in their eyes). Think MTB...because of the revised Medium Duffel. Think #70257...because of they already had the #70256/#70258/24HR. Think Large Pullman...because of the new Small Pullman. Finally the Small Duffel could easily be replaced by the Bedrock designed 48HR Duffel. There's a plethora amount of other examples but you get my point I think.

The only thing that makes NO SENSE to me is the vast amount of Backpacks Bedrock Filson introduced over a two year span. They have to be considering or attempting to crack into the massive school criteria (elementary into College), which would explain the wide range of prices, options and fabrics.

I didn't see anything out of the ordinary when I looked up small duffles on Filson.com recently. Sure hope it's not going to be discontinued. But I can see a lot of people purchasing the more feature rich 48h (especially for business travel) instead of the old school, minimalistic small duffle so maybe sales are dropping.

seven20

Reaction score
I didn't see anything out of the ordinary when I looked up small duffles on Filson.com recently. Sure hope it's not going to be discontinued. But I can see a lot of people purchasing the more feature rich 48h (especially for business travel) instead of the old school, minimalistic small duffle so maybe sales are dropping.
Yesterday was the first day I noticed they were ‘Limited Edition’. Would be a shame as I feel it’s my most versatile bag

Attachments

• 419F2D64-ED48-4184-9C21-7D77C4AE7744.png
    419F2D64-ED48-4184-9C21-7D77C4AE7744.png
    348.8 KB · Views: 39

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was the first day I noticed they were ‘Limited Edition’. Would be a shame as I feel it’s my most versatile bag

Thanks seven20 - I didn't catch the little "Limited Edition". That does seem to give support that the small duffle is not long for this world. Yes, it's a versatile bag. I can put a lot in it (for its size) and it is easy to carry or stow.

seven20

Reaction score
Thanks seven20 - I didn't catch the little "Limited Edition". That does seem to give support that the small duffle is not long for this world. Yes, it's a versatile bag. I can put a lot in it (for its size) and it is easy to carry or stow.
I do have to admit, to your previous point, the 48 hour is a great looking bag and would be nice for travel. I can see a scenario where my evil twin doesn’t carry a 220/257 combo, but instead a 24/48 hour combo when traveling. I wish some of the newer bags were twill though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads