• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We’re there any changes from the 72 hour briefcase to the 24 hour briefcase other than name?

I happened into a local retailer today that offered anything in the Filson line for half price off sticker. They have both of these bags so wanted to hear front he braintrust before i purchase
I've had both - they're exactly the same. Zero changes to either.. What location are you in?

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
In a moment of weakness last week that I do not regret, I bought one of these:

Workshop Union Tote Bag_

https://www.filson.com/workshop-union-tote-bag.html#sku=20135428-fco-000000093

I really like it and I believe it will fill a need in my Filson bag lineup. I don’t specifically know what that need is yet. But, still....

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
Grocery store???

Too small is right. It will expand a bit width-wise. But too narrow for groceries. Papers, iPad, Kindle. Those types of things for sure. A few slightly lumper things will fit. I like the plain aesthetic as a companion piece.

I like the price point of those!

Exactly what got me. Mine is #277 of 400. That is stamped on the leather label. Interesting touch, that.

Also, it’s stamped with the workshop insignia. Picture. I know. Here:

9AFA747D-5382-45DA-A685-E4F22F913322.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I stand corrected, too small for grocery store, however might be good in trunk of car for jumper cables/stuff, which I'm using a medium field bag for now (which could have other uses in my life)...

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
I think it could do that pretty easily. There’s no way to close the top though so they might spill out if tipped. This would be overkill for cables but not nearly as much as using that Field bag back there.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it could do that pretty easily. There’s no way to close the top though so they might spill out if tipped. This would be overkill for cables but not nearly as much as using that Field bag back there.
I needed something to constrain the cables/flares/zip ties/gloves/tape/etc (winter emergency kit) and I had a spare one handy so.............it wound up there. May turn it into my tackle box for summer pan fishing on the lake, or may use the small field bag that I got the wife, who doesn't use it (the buckle/strap is too difficult).

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
I wasn’t judging you. I think it was Confucius who said, “Those who live in Filson bags should not judge thy neighbor’s patina.” It’s true. I saw it on the web.

As for your wife and the too difficult part? That’s blasphemy pure and simple.;)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wasn’t judging you. I think it was Confucius who said, “Those who live in Filson bags should not judge thy neighbor’s patina.” It’s true. I saw it on the web.

As for your wife and the too difficult part? That’s blasphemy pure and simple.;)
Agree on the blasphemy part, and I wasn't worried about judgement. We all do our own thing with the Filson we have :) For some unknown reason, I own 3 medium field bags (ok I like them) and needed to find a use for one. One of the 3 carries paperwork back and forth to meetings, one is in the trunk of the car, and the other (even though Ebay) is so pristine it does nothing at the moment.

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
Agree on the blasphemy part, and I wasn't worried about judgement. We all do our own thing with the Filson we have :) For some unknown reason, I own 3 medium field bags (ok I like them) and needed to find a use for one. One of the 3 carries paperwork back and forth to meetings, one is in the trunk of the car, and the other (even though Ebay) is so pristine it does nothing at the moment.
I love the look of the Medium Field Bag. I own only a blue one now. I’ve been thinking about getting an OG to go with so many of my bags. The next time a deal presents itself, perhaps I will. I like the Medium much better than the Small Field Bag. That one is too much like a purse. Speedy should be along to have my head momentarily. Granted, I’ve bought two of those in the past six weeks and I can’t wait to find uses for them!!! Purse like or not, I’m using them.

Problem? What problem?

I trust my dry humor here translates.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads