• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DuckMan_11

Reaction score

nevadabob

Reaction score
I know that video is supposed to show off the new dry bags & DU stuff, but I can't keep my eyes off the Smokey Bear totes!

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, @TinMan3 has some pictures and it looks like they are coming out with a new Smokey line as well as some really cool Wool products as well that they showed at ShotShow.
And what was that last bag? It looked like a cross between a pullman and a medium duffle. Certainly taller than a small duffle. New form factor?
For what it’s worth, I’ve never heard of ducks unlimited, but it’s clearly a big enough deal that they’ve gone for the outside logo patch similar to the Nanamica collaborations previously.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know that video is supposed to show off the new dry bags & DU stuff, but I can't keep my eyes off the Smokey Bear totes!

Me too, especially since I’m in the market for a Tote. Since I already owned a #261 (sold to GZSTUDIO), I have my eye on a unique #260 Open Tote, possibly Nanamica or FRD. Price is key. I don’t think I could buy a Filson model that I have already owned, as that would be a first, so I’m open to new possibilities. Never considered the #260 until I saw @TinMan3 FRD and the eBay FRD listing i wafted on recently.

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man this Patina is tasty. One day my 257 will look like this. @mgrennier i know what you’re thinking, and I agree, I am way too careful with it.

C2BE3CF4-98AC-41F2-9773-0D20F3BD112C.jpeg

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last week while commuting to work one of the rivets (?) busted on my strap on my leather field satchel. I took it to my local shoe repair thinking I would save the trouble of sending it back to Filson to repair and all the environmental impact, but apparently they want $65 to do it. I said no thanks. A little appalling to charge that much to install a rivet.

I've submitted a repair request to Filson.

In the mean time I was using the leather strap from my 256 with my field satchel and didn't realize that strap and the one for my field satchel are different lengths.

DuckMan_11

Reaction score
And what was that last bag? It looked like a cross between a pullman and a medium duffle. Certainly taller than a small duffle. New form factor?
For what it’s worth, I’ve never heard of ducks unlimited, but it’s clearly a big enough deal that they’ve gone for the outside logo patch similar to the Nanamica collaborations previously.
Ducks Unlimited is the largest Wetland Conservation Group. Raised over $2 Billion on last capital campaign for land conservation. Most of its members are duck hunters, however the group is for conservation, not hunting or gun rights.

nevadabob

Reaction score
Hmm, well that wasn't it. I do remember that bag, though. Twas marketed as having tough leather in all of the high wear areas. There were a couple of bags in the line. I believe it came out about the time Filson started introducing orange twill.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics