• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

johnnymiz

Reaction score
that's what i thought. i like those.. if they had that color when i got mine, i wouldve gotten that color.
mine are a little too 'home depot yellow work glove' color

CCF1897

Reaction score
I thought you took one of my pictures....

View attachment 1130112
@johnnymiz @GzStudio how long have you each had your gloves? I used mine as work gloves, wood cutting, hunting etc outdoors and the finger tips wore out at about the same rate as my deer skin/100g insulated tractor supply gloves for $15. I keep seeing this brand (Hestra gloves) mentioned as the best work/outdoor gloves around, truly overbuilt is what is being said about them, but I personally have no experience with them. I think I will pick a pair up here soon. https://hestragloves.com/sport/en-us/gloves/outdoor/

Anyone have a pair of the Hestra animal skin gloves?

GzStudio

Reaction score
Mine were put into service in Nov. of 2017. I use them for cold weather chores and general wearing in cold weather. I did not use them in the summer at all....I really haven't used them 'hard' by any means, but I am not afraid to get them dirty. I will definitely buy another pair if and when they wear out.

johnnymiz

Reaction score
i've had mine over a decade.. when the only color they had was this one. i think i paid probably $75 for them. i like them. theyre reasonably warm (not like ski gloves or mittens). but i've only done some snow removal and stuff like that. no real work. work gloves are a wear item.... i dont think you can expect to get many years of use from a goatskin glove if you actually work them hard in an abrasive way.
bull hide maybe.. goatskin, no. but bull hide isnt going to give you the suppleness of goatskin.
life is a series of tradeoffs, isnt it?

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feeling guilty that I picked up a two-pack of leather work gloves from Costco. No-name brand, not high quality - but will just toss them out when they wear out. Doesn't fit my usual BIFL approach to these kinds of things, but work gloves are work gloves to me.

I guess I'm the odd-man out in this discussion.

DuckMan_11

Reaction score
I buy the 2 & 3 packs from sams and Costco for gloves that are going to get trashed swinging hammers and building hunting blinds. I tend to end up giving away a few pairs a year to guys that are out working and don’t have gloves. That said, I just bought a pair of geier elk skins that are nice and thick but pliable. I wear them casually and do light work in them. Worth $70 bucks all day long. I’m sure they wouldn’t last forever on a concrete crew, but easily out last the Costco gloves.

johnnymiz

Reaction score
Feeling guilty that I picked up a two-pack of leather work gloves from Costco. No-name brand, not high quality - but will just toss them out when they wear out. Doesn't fit my usual BIFL approach to these kinds of things, but work gloves are work gloves to me.

I guess I'm the odd-man out in this discussion.

no, im totally with you. i would not use $150 goatskin gloves for real work. i go with costco leather every time

GzStudio

Reaction score
I am 6'1, typically a filson medium and I am swimming in a large glove. Mine are medium and are a good stretched fit after wearing them in .

GzStudio

Reaction score
no, im totally with you. i would not use $150 goatskin gloves for real work. i go with costco leather every time

me neither, but I do use them for real work. I would never pay $150 for these. I picked them up for $50 at the seattle outlet.

johnnymiz

Reaction score
hahahh. i wouldnt pay 150 for them, either.
thats a lot of scratch for 'work' gloves

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads