• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

GzStudio

Reaction score
Gentlemen and (now) ladies.

Question for you in terms of what you'd travel with. I want to see what bag(s) the folks on this thread would carry for the following scenario:
- one night trip to visit a client in Atlanta (3 hour presentation Wednesday morning)
- Travel day: jeans/sport coat - maybe light overcoat for rain
- Client visit: slacks/ same sport coat
- Same pair of shoes both days
- 1 pr. underwear, 1 under-shirt, 1 pair socks

In other words, I'll be packing: 1 dress shirt, 1 pair slacks, 1 pair socks, 1 pair underwear, 1 undershirt, toiletry bag.

At my disposal is the full gamut of bags and gear:
Journeyman backpack
Heritage Sportsman
Medium Duffle
Roller suitcase (Away)

What would you pick and why?

What are said shoes?

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen and (now) ladies.

Question for you in terms of what you'd travel with. I want to see what bag(s) the folks on this thread would carry for the following scenario:
- one night trip to visit a client in Atlanta (3 hour presentation Wednesday morning)
- Travel day: jeans/sport coat - maybe light overcoat for rain
- Client visit: slacks/ same sport coat
- Same pair of shoes both days
- 1 pr. underwear, 1 under-shirt, 1 pair socks

In other words, I'll be packing: 1 dress shirt, 1 pair slacks, 1 pair socks, 1 pair underwear, 1 undershirt, toiletry bag.

At my disposal is the full gamut of bags and gear:
Journeyman backpack
Heritage Sportsman
Medium Duffle
Roller suitcase (Away)

What would you pick and why?
Time to dust off that Heritage Sportsman. Maybe you can also carry the Journeyman.

FilsonDude

Reaction score
Hang up now. Best way I’ve found to contact Customer Service is to use Filson’s direct chat feature on their website, plus you can save the transcripts. This is not to be confused with the email feature, which I have yet to receive an on time reply
Don’t see it the chat option ... unless it makes a difference that I’m on an ipad

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t see it the chat option ... unless it makes a difference that I’m on an ipad
Not sure about the iPad, shouldn’t matter, but make sure it’s the desktop website version. It’s in the top right hand corner where “contact us” appears during off hours. Sometimes it helps to refresh the page.

FilsonDude

Reaction score
Not sure about the iPad, shouldn’t matter, but make sure it’s the desktop website version. It’s in the top right hand corner where “contact us” appears during off hours. Sometimes it helps to refresh the page.
Found it but no go.
Said “no agents available at this time”

But I’m number 2 in queue though!
Only 50 mins gone by

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found it but no go.
Said “no agents available at this time”

But I’m number 2 in queue though!
Only 50 mins gone by
Hmm interesting. I would keep trying the chat feature. It’s always worked for me on the first or second attempt. Plus it gives you time to articulate your responses or questions instead of having to try and stumble them out after the frustrating wait on the phone.

FilsonDude

Reaction score
Hmm interesting. I would keep trying the chat feature. It’s always worked for me on the first or second attempt. Plus it gives you time to articulate your responses or questions instead of having to try and stumble them out after the frustrating wait on the phone.
Well someone finally picked up ... got it done in just under a hour.
Hopefully the first and only time I need to reach out to them about damaged/defective goods. He knew right away what I was calling about once I said cups. A lot of others have been returning the made in China Smokey Bear cups. You’d just assume that perhaps they’d check them out in Seattle before sending them out the door to customers.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mgrennier

Reaction score
Both of those look like 257's. Although one does not have the clasp strap....

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.