1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton which focuses on basic pieces customized to fit your body and your tastes.

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Soletrane

Soletrane Senior Member

Speaking of luggage, I saw some pics of well used aluminum Rimowa with travel stickers in some mens mag like Esquire. It looked really good. I guess the fact that they could exhibit ‘patina’ is what made them appealing.

2. Rymanocerous

Rymanocerous Senior Member

IMG_4597.JPG IMG_4598.JPG IMG_4599.JPG And just like that, I became a member of the OG crew

3. TinMan3

TinMan3 Senior Member

My wife spotted an OG Talon large duffle at the end of the movie Jungle 2 Jungle tonight. I was so proud. ;)

4. woodsjw

woodsjw Senior Member

Hey Everyone! Been awhile since I've been able to check in... the last couple of months have been very busy. In May I completed my graduate program and moved to San Antonio to begin my new job and for the last 40 days or so I've been in Italy for training. I've been checking in on the forum every now and then, and trying to keep current with the conversation, but I haven't had much time to post or respond.

I hope everyone's doing well!

I also wanted to see if anyone might be interested in a jacket I'm currently trying to sell. It's a Barbour Bedale that I picked up a few months ago on eBay, but I ended up buying another similar jacket while in Europe and decided that I really don't need both.

Here is a link to the listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/292618012081?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

I got a great deal on it, so if anyone is interested shoot me a PM. I'm open to offers.

5. M635Guy

M635Guy Distinguished Member

6. OtterMeanGreen

OtterMeanGreen Distinguished Member

7. OtterMeanGreen

Nice! That was one of my first posts on here, it was a Rucksack spot from City of Angels. I believe Interstellar has a couple of Duffel's in the beginning.

8. OtterMeanGreen

Welcome back and congratulations on your accomplishments! I've seen you lurking on here from time to time. Hope you're enjoying Italy, how many Ferrari's have you seen?

9. OtterMeanGreen

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!! There's Patina and then there's pure nasty. I'm not even sure the Jaws of Life could rescue this thing. Check out the description section. Apparently it was used to store paintball gear and then tossed aside in a hot shed for who knows how long. It's a real shame though since it was once a beautiful Talon Otter Green MTB with plenty of "Hulk Matter" on the brass. Apparently there was wax candles stored, as you can see reflected in the pictures.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Distressed...455926?hash=item41e6b463b6:g:BWUAAOSw3ChbP5nN

nasty.PNG

nasty 2.PNG

10. woodsjw

woodsjw Senior Member

Thank you! Feels good to be close one chapter and begin another. Italy has been great, but I'm excited to get back home. I fly out next Monday!

I don't think I've seen a Ferrari here--surprisingly... or if I did, I missed it. I'm not really a sports car guy though, so it's likely i've just missed them!

11. speedy611

speedy611 Senior Member

Sometimes it’s the little things...

11425C4A-7E59-43F4-A137-AEBB4343A77F.jpeg

@woodsjw - great to have you back and many congrats on the post grad. Onwards and upwards!

12. OtterMeanGreen

:) I'm happy for you. San Antonio is really nice too, enjoy that weather. I forget have you lived in Texas before?

:lol: it's okay. They're not for everyone, different strokes for different folks, as they say.

13. OtterMeanGreen

Nice American Optical's, I've always been a fan of them over the typical Aviators. Love the bayonet temples. What MM are they; 55's? I'm a sucker for anything aviation I guess.

Nice Travel Tray too btw. I was gonna get one but opted for the bigger Red Oxx (not mine below)

rd.jpg

14. speedy611

speedy611 Senior Member

Thanks Otter. Had these since 2010 and they are great. Sturdy, functional, not mainstream. They are the 52mm width. Love the bayonets for use with motorcycle helmets.
    The tray is my “shipping” from the Filson sale ;-)

15. woodsjw

woodsjw Senior Member

There are, however, a ton of Land Rover Defenders here! That's more my speed! ;)

And yes. My seminary was in Austin, so I've been here in TX for three years... just moving down the road a bit south.