1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

Pretty much every day I use both end pouches on my 258. Figured it was better to have more space out of the gate rather then wish I would had gotten something else down the road. It was a good choice for me.

[​IMG]

2. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

Agreed. I wasn't carrying my 256 yesterday or Wednesday, but I can't imagine fitting anything in there save for a pen or maybe a business card holder. There isn't much room for anything in that pocket.

3. huskyzealot

huskyzealot Well-Known Member

Some of my Filson stuff...

[​IMG]

top to bottom:
    pullman - otter green
    medium duffel - tan
    zipperd tote - brown
    medium duffel (2) - otter green
    small duffel- otter green
    257 - brown
    suit cover - tan

trying to unload both of the tan bags, med duffel is near perfect (only used twice...bottom is just a tad dirty, otherwise like new) and suit cover is in good condition, used maybe ten times...PM me if interested

4. mike134

mike134 Well-Known Member

ooh, I bet you could fit one of those expandable hand fans in the 256 side pocket! It may not be socially acceptable for men to carry one of those though...

5. converge

converge Well-Known Member

My medium travel bag has developed some weird white scuff marks. I'm not sure how I got these, but I was wondering what would be a recommended solution for reducing their appearance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. jasonmx3

jasonmx3 Well-Known Member

7. PflintyPflinty

PflintyPflinty Member

Hi, I'm looking for a Filson sportsman in good order. Will need to be shipped to the uk. If anyone has one for sale I'm happy to buy At a reasonable price. Filson bags are a rare commodity over here thanks. Please let me know if you have one preferably in tan.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  8. mike134

those scuff marks are from poorly painted drywall which you must have brushed up against. just rub it out with your finger.

9. Roostertxp

Roostertxp Well-Known Member

Hi. The white is liquid paper also known as white out. You got this on your bag la week at the office. Rag with light force will remove.

10. Zeda

Zeda New Member

Magic Eraser works wonders for this

11. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Well-Known Member

Any experiences or feedback on the rucksack? I have typically used my sportsman bag as a smaller, more portable kit than my duffle. I really like the sportsman due the many compartments. But I am looking for something that may be easier to get around with for day excursions. I like the idea of the rucksack for a camera, laptop, water bottle and other sundries, but would appreciate any insights from current or former owners.

Thanks.

12. Winston S.

Did you mean color or bits of the leather? I've never actually noticed either happening, but doesn't mean it's not happening.

13. Winston S.

Thesilentist posted this on his tumblr:

14. Patrick James

Patrick James Well-Known Member

Colour from the leather. I suppose if you're wearing a rather dark flannel underneath, it's not noticeable. But a lightweight button-up or light coloured t-shirt will see transfer from the armpits up to the top of the shoulder.

15. mike134

lol, I think the guy that said the white scuffs are "white out" is making fun of me. But I think it really is paint transfer from a poorly painted drywall wall.

16. raneym305

raneym305 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a used medium or duffle in either tan or brown.

I know I know... I was just criticizing the duffle a couple of weeks ago, but this is a gift for my brother-in-law and he is dead set on the medium duffle.

If you have one you'd be willing to let go of for a reasonable price or are looking to trade for something, PM me.

I'm having a tough time finding a used medium duffle on Craigslist and Ebay.

Thanks alot!

17. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

Which size duffel is best for short trips (weekend...up to a week). Medium or large? I don't really have anywhere to go to compare sizes.

18. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

Worth a PM...

19. raneym305

raneym305 Well-Known Member

I PMed him. He said he'd get back to me after the weekend. Haven't heard back yet. My Bro-in-law's birthday isn't until the first of September, so I'm not on a time crunch.

I've got a green Large Wheeled Duffle I was going to give him, but he hasn't stopped talking about how much he wants a medium duffle for the last couple of weeks, so I figured I'd try to find one of those instead.

20. mike134

I had gotten a PM back from huskeyzealot, he wanted $200 for the tan medium duffle plus shipping. You can get a new one for $250 shipped, so probably not worth it to buy used.