• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
You know, you could've just included how you got it for that price, because I'm sure you knew everyone would be asking
smile.gif

I hope the answer isn't eBay and it was a 30 year old Filson with holes.

Edit: He says brand new... maybe he just didn't receive it yet!!
lol8[1].gif

Last edited:

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just because you were all asking, I walked into a small store at my local mall (shoes and accessories mostly), and low and behold they had some Filson stuff (already on clearance) for an extra 30% off. I guess Filson stuff isn't that popular out here.

I might go back and see what's left.

Clyde

Reaction score

Just because you were all asking, I walked into a small store at my local mall (shoes and accessories mostly), and low and behold they had some Filson stuff (already on clearance) for an extra 30% off. I guess Filson stuff isn't that popular out here.
I might go back and see what's left.

Where in Canada are you?

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry kids, I won't be proxying anything and there's nothing left anyways. Maybe a tote bag thingy in tan, but that's it.
The store is 'Stonehenge' in the West Edmonton Mall. It was a one off thing that I stumbled upon.

Oh ****! I wonder if they typically carry the 257, which I've been meaning to pick up for a while now. I'll ask when I'm at West Ed on the weekend. Thanks for the heads up.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the little latch thing inside of the outside pockets does on a 256?

Holds keys or something?

Last edited:

rpiotr01

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the little latch thing inside of the outside pockets does on a 256?
Holds keys or something?

Exactly, meant to hold keys, or I suppose anything else able to attach to it that you don't want to lose.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, it's for keys, so you don't just drop it in a pocket and then have to rummage through everything to find it. Just hang it on that, and it's easy to retrieve it when you need it. A lot of thoughtfully-made bags have this feature.

tomatic

Reaction score
since somebody asked whether you can wax the apolis briefcase - received mine today and gave it a full treat with a can of filson wax and the bag took it really well. obviously you have to take care to not get in touch with the leather. i used filson wax since it smells slighlty better than the paraffin in the domke wax. fjällräven greenland wax might work as well but it's usually harder to apply.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads