• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I checked earlier today and Glen's doesn't ship internationally. http://www.glensoutdoors.com/Shipping-Handling-s/315.htm

You're right. What's weird is that on their FAQ page there's a question where they ask what countries they ship to, and the answer is to create an account and they'll have you select your country when you create the account. I obviously proceeded to create an account, and still saw only US there. I thought I would be able to call them and get them to ship internationally, but see now as you've pointed out they don't. Pretty marsupialed way of answering that question.

hobo style

Reaction score
Looks like Hilton's will ship internationally but you have to call or email them for deets.

Mercuryman76

Reaction score
After waffling back and forth between the 256 and 257 I pulled the trigger on the former in tan from Glen's with the discount. Anyone know why Glen's sells the 256 for $225 when everyone else has it for $215? I'm hoping it's because it includes the handgrip, but for $168 shipped I won't be complaining.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After waffling back and forth between the 256 and 257 I pulled the trigger on the former in tan from Glen's with the discount. Anyone know why Glen's sells the 256 for $225 when everyone else has it for $215? I'm hoping it's because it includes the handgrip, but for $168 shipped I won't be complaining.

If you're getting the handgrip that is a good deal.

My 256 from Cable Car broke out like this:

$150.50 256 discount price
$17 shipping
$25 handgrip (the handgrip was not discounted at all)
$192.50 total

msmatlock

Reaction score
No grip haters, huh. I may just try this and document my results.

I see a lot of discussion in this thread about adding a grip to the 256, but no talk of removing it from the 257. After handling a friend's broken-in 256, I really prefer the feel of the bare handles to the handgrip. I know that I'll be too lazy to ever snap the thing and it'll just get in the way.

Has anyone tried this with success? I realize that there will be sew holes in the leather initially, but I feel like those will contract over time.

Can anyone offer a persuasive argument for or against removing the grip?

Caboose66

Reaction score
Definitely not a grip hater here. I suppose if you're used to not having one, it would be fine. For me, I wouldn't have a bag without one. Keeps the handles together and at the top of the bag. When I have my hands full and slide the strap off my shoulder to put the bag down, I don't want to have to be fumbling for one or both handles on each side of the bag. When I'm in the TSA line at the airport with my shoes, belt and passport in one hand, I like the other hand to have a grip on my bag handles.
Certainly to each his own, but I would hate a bag without a grip. Then again, with the 256- sized bag, maybe it's not such a big deal .

Cheers, Dean

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Glen marked prices up $10 about two months or so ago. Remember they had the 257 normal priced, I forgot to order and then when I remembered and checked back, they had bumped the price up. Still cheaper than anywhere else though.

luker

Reaction score
your 240...looking very good...
mwink[1].gif

fuzzyearlobes

Reaction score
Was this originally tan or brown?

There were two color options when I got it. One was the traditional tan. This is the other option. I honestly dont remember what they called it, but its different than the green that is available now, it wasnt as dark.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads