• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this how Filson displays their Dopp Kits at one of their locations?

The-Filson-Experience-at-the-ACE-hotel-New-York-travel-kit.jpg

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see our resident dishonest flipper still hasn't sold his 256. He never responded to my email to him, which I admit might have come across as a tad bit harsh.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Filson-Vintage-Briefcase-256/173209381441?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

My original email:

View attachment 946801

I was going to ask why you’re so sure he couldn’t have found a 5+ year old bag in 2008, but then I looked at the listing. But it looks like the date was changed from 2018 in that pic, and is feedback shows that he bought a talon 240 earlier this year, which he is also selling.

Now, there’s nothing wrong with buying on eBay to resell, but sellers who lie about provenance are doing it wrong.

D982D935-5432-41C8-9A54-D5F75DEF4AD5.png

GzStudio

Reaction score
I was going to ask why you’re so sure he couldn’t have found a 5+ year old bag in 2008, but then I looked at the listing. But it looks like the date was changed from 2018 in that pic, and is feedback shows that he bought a talon 240 earlier this year, which he is also selling.

Now, there’s nothing wrong with buying on eBay to resell, but sellers who lie about provenance are doing it wrong.

View attachment 946996

These are bags I sold him a few months ago with tell-tale marks on bags that confirm. Like on the briefcase the back left handle strap tab is much lighter than the right, among, other marks, same as the one I sold him.

My listing
https://www.ebay.com/itm/332536302389

I left that feedback intentionally because of his made up stories. Like I’ve said, I have no issue with people trying to flip what I’ve sold them. It’s the lies that accompany them I take issue with. He’s done this on other bags I’ve sold to him as well. I will no longer sell to him because of this.

In my opinion, he should sell my 240 to his ‘cobbler’ as he stated, as he ruined it.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are bags I sold him a few months ago with tell-tale marks on bags that confirm. Like on the briefcase the back left handle strap tab is much lighter than the right, among, other marks, same as the one I sold him.

My listing
https://www.ebay.com/itm/332536302389

I left that feedback intentionally because of his made up stories. Like I’ve said, I have no issue with people trying to flip what I’ve sold them. It’s the lies that accompany them I take issue with. He’s done this on other bags I’ve sold to him as well. I will no longer sell to him because of this.

In my opinion, he should sell my 240 to his ‘cobbler’ as he stated, as he ruined it.

Damn, I thought the eBay username seemed familiar. I guess that’s what I get for not hanging out in this thread for a while.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 946996

welcome back @Fueco . I didn't form that opinion until I took a look at his listing (or listings in this case). Plus if he bought that 256 back in 2008, then why does the pen ink look so fresh? Wouldn't it patina with the rest of the bag? The real question is why would anyone put the date of purchase on their Filson, that's something only a sociopath would do lol. For some reason I'm thinking of the cult classic "American Psycho", speaking of which:

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have to say these last two pics posted (by speedy and tripreed) could have come right from the catalog and capture the essence of what we all WANT from our Filson bags.

Or maybe it's just the lifestyle we want while carrying our Filson bags.

I'm sure schlepping them through the Newark airport doesn't exactly elicit the same feelings and emotions.

tripreed

Reaction score
Have to say these last two pics posted (by speedy and tripreed) could have come right from the catalog and capture the essence of what we all WANT from our Filson bags.

Or maybe it's just the lifestyle we want while carrying our Filson bags.

I'm sure schlepping them through the Newark airport doesn't exactly elicit the same feelings and emotions.

Ha, well, note that the 258 in the picture comes with me to my benign office job every day, I just also happen to take it with me whenever I go out of town. The tote bag, however, is my dedicated hunting/range bag, and is usually full of shotgun shells, gloves, chokes, ear protection, etc. It has served me well for a couple of years now, and I like that it always feels secure, no matter how heavy it gets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads