1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. althanis

althanis Distinguished Member

Does anyone have/use the Filson travel kit? Feedback on it? I have a much less expensive kit that I use, and recently passed up on a Travel Kit that was on sale, just wondering whether people see it as something worth spending on.

2. TinMan3

TinMan3 Senior Member

Short answer? Yes. The one on sale is an absolute steal for $29. It has accompanied me throughout the US and overseas and is the perfect size, specifically for business travel.

3. speedy611

speedy611 Senior Member

Yes. I have the small travel kit and it’s excellent.

4. althanis

althanis Distinguished Member

Alright, thanks for the feedback guys.

5. mgrennier

mgrennier Senior Member

I bought one and tried it - was just a wee bit too small for my for traveling. I carry a Braun electric shaver when I travel and that, combined with everything else was just a touch too small.

I gave it to my college-aged son and he loves it (it's his first Filson "bag"). I ended up going with the nylon Travel Pack. The size of it fits right between the traditional dopp kit and the smaller, triangular one (that I agree is a steal at $29.90).

Love my Travel Pack although I realize the nylon doesn't make it a TRUE Filson....